If I put some electrical tape on this, will it be okay...

If I put some electrical tape on this, will it be okay? Right now I have to hold the cord in a weird way to get my laptop to charge.

It's fine as-is, there's still a coating on the inside

Yes.

Huh. Perhaps some of the wires are broken inside. Why don't you fix it yourself? Only requires a bit of soldering.
It's worth the try. If you end up failing a new charger isn't that expensive anyways.

You could try taping something rigid against the damaged cord to help reinforce it too. Just make sure it's not sharp at the ends lest it puncture more of the cord.

The strain which split the insulation may also have been transferred to the connector on the laptop, though. Don't be surprised if that "weird way" problem persists or gets worse in the future. DC jacks soldered onto laptops motherboards are notoriously prone to failure.

Buy a new one

b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-but I thought only Apple cables broke?

Do I have to buy the exact same model of cord?

avoid using electrical tape in that kind of position, the bending will just make the tape come loose within a month and you'll have a sticky mess all over the plug and the end of the cable
electrical type is not electronics tape

use duct tape
>but it's not a duct either
just use the duct tape, it actually holds

He's dead, Jim.

Look for equal or less mAh. Avoid chink chargers.

fucking chinkpads when will you ever learn Sup Forums

all cables break if you're a normie retard that bends your connectors at 90 degree angles and rips them out by the jacket.

who /obtuse_angles/ here

When you buy Windows, the window breaks first.
When you buy Mac, everything breaks as soon as possible so you can use that awesome customer service to fix the problem. Then it keeps happening.
Just be a good boy and download more ram.

>leaving the sticker

Sad!

What you said only applies to cheap shit. Super 33 or above grade electrical tape will stick very well.

No. At best, it might minimize the issue. The wires have frayed. You will need to solder them.

take a knife and strip the rubber coating of the wire underneath and tie a bread tie or some shit on it to make it connect again. tape it up when you are done if you care about fires or whatever. i fucking dont though, dont be a pussy, fucking leave it like that

Listen to this man a good tape will be fine and if the wires are frayed just toss it
Heat shrink wrap might be a good option too

No, it'll start to shoot sparks and catch your house on fire. My friend died doing this.

Triggered.
My fucking Game Gear's AC adapter did this shit too back in the day.

Just put a splint on it with electrical tape. The most important thing is to give yourself a foot or more of cable to lay out straight before it plugs back in. This should prevent any more fuckery.

t. posting from a faptop whomst'd battery has shit the bed and has a finnicky power port

Didn't you get your answer a few days ago from here?

Not if you use it that way