/urban/ + /architecture/

>Discuss urban developement, design, planning, urbanization, growth and future of cities, urban life style etc. All discussions about architecture, it's impact on daily life, trends(both historical and contemporary), new projects and anything related to architecture in general, are welcomed here aswell.

>Post pics of cities, urban areas, buildings, physical structures, infrastructure also construction sites and renders. Comment and rate.

IN:
jacobites

OUT:
howardist scum
nimby scum

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/7OYEtLLE_cY
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Guess I'll find some more pics of nyc to dump.

LONDON
O
N
D
O
N

bogota

colombian cities are a mess

tokyo

They built that complex close in some slum area in order to start a process of gentrification, I doubt it will work well, though

That's some good 10 km away from downtown

ah yes, redeveloping this land would ruin the 'character' of this dump

>he doesn't like big stretches of nothingness
Get a load of this guy.

sexy prewar buildings

ah yes i really love living by an urban highway

the noise, the fumes, and the lovely spot underneath to get mugged and raped

I love that plenty of streets are nothing but these types of buildings. I like skyscrapers too though.

love the really big boxes along central park west

I do too, they're actually pretty varied too despite looking really similar from the air.

butiful

I bet manhattan's density has been higher before

Everything north of central park was all rural for a good part of its brief history.

EURO
BLOCS

Canadian's in nyc.jpg

Fort Tryon and a comfy video youtu.be/7OYEtLLE_cY

Bump.

what the fuck

he's somewhat right tho, the aesthetics of the built environment do effect the mood and life quality of the local population

meant as a reply to

fun fact, the building on the left was built on a filled up lake

It's true

so does neo-futurism cause depression aswell?

Full skyline several years ago

what happened

Less, but it's not a healing as proper classical architecture

My God that place must have been totally disgusting in the 19th century.

>healing
guys i dont really think classical architecture is "healing" lol

It's so unbelievably tall. Imagine a city as congested as New York where all the buildings are that tall.

huge cities are nothing but dens of sin and cultural decay

yes it used to be more dense but it's because Manhattan is not really "residental" anymore

actually a lot of places used to have a higher population density

even Paris, which is still extremely dense today, used to be even more densely populated

A lack of money and too much modernism

villages are nothing other than depression and no cultural activities

looks qt

looks like a fake shopping city

Close, its actually a Japanese theme park for those too poor to come here.

The leftmost building is supposed to be this one kek

nice, we only have this Heroes Square knock-off in China to our name

here's the real deal for comparison

>that was a park
lmfao I didn't notice

>no cultural activities

just where exactly do you think culture comes from?

>folk """culture"""
into the trash

you're right, it would be so much better if they were all drunk, half-naked, and crammed into a dark warehouse listening to generic house music and grinding on each other like people do in every big city

topkek why are chinks so bad at copying architecture

>you're right, it would be so much better if they were all drunk
all the people on "folk" weddings are drunk
>half-naked
???
>and crammed into a dark warehouse listening to generic house music
>implying folk "music" is any better
>grinding on each other like people do in every big city
ok

do you even live in a big city?

They are, mostly due to hilly terrain and muddy soil.

I can see these towers from my house

The Burgerzaal of this building is perhaps the most beautiful room in our entire country

I envy Westerners for their great historical skylines

Here's my contribution

This is the burgerzaal. It has nothing to do with hamburgers or Americans of course. Just with the continents etc.

opinions on Dubai?

French qt villages are the best

it has the exact proportions of a roman basilica. It has Atlas in it. There are maps of the world on the floor. 2d globes to be exactly. You can see justitia on the first picture with behaviours around it. I have chosen the following picture, because I like the curves in the building. Around these curves you can the four elements

I love how different they are from one region to another

dat medieval feeling

An in 1648 built masterpiece

I guess that's not really a village but still qt

Well technically there's a village

>Motn

Oops

France is such a great country
>ebin landscapes, Alps
>great weather
>absolute world top tier architecture
>a lot of qt small villages

I fucking envy your cathedrals

We have nothing like this here in Poland, our gothic churches look like some cheap attempts

How many French people live there. I can imagine that a lot of rich Russians, Sheiks, Chinese people and Japanese people want to buy these houses. Homestly, I'd not mind to live there too, if there were just fewer tourists.

So are you Polish or Korean ? I wonder everytime
Well I know someone who went to Poland and told me that sometimes there are towns that look bad (poor mostly) but the church is always perfect, in great shape, with beautiful gold paintings inside while the houses around are cracked, at least people there value more these kind of buildings I guess

Official population is 41, kek. Honestly I don't think many foreigners live there, most of these houses must be passed down in families. However there are a lot of them in places like Provence or South-West, in Dordogne there's a village with more Brits than French. I don't really mind, they bring money and most of them learn the language

Nice clear sky today.

lel I'm full Polish

>but the church is always perfect, in great shape, with beautiful gold paintings inside while the houses around are cracked, at least people there value more these kind of buildings I guess
Most of the churches in Poland are in good shape I think but their very design is really lacking imo atleast in comparison to the French marvels.

>Homestly, I'd not mind to live there too, if there were just fewer tourists.

Luckily (as long as you have money) there are still a lot of beautiful preserved villages that are unknown to foreigners, in place like the Massif Central for instance that aren't popular among non-French

Well speaking of bridge the Viaduc de Millau looks rad at night

I would love to go there. But how badly do you consider Dutch people as foreigners. And if you may wonder, I speak the language.

This is what a not completely destroyed town looks like (Würzberg), thoughts?

This is peaceful Zagreb street in middle of transformation into a Herzegovina-Bosnian version of Athens.
Be amazed

>This is what a not completely destroyed town
what do you mean by this

>lel I'm full Polish

Alright kek

>Most of the churches in Poland are in good shape I think but their very design is really lacking imo atleast in comparison to the French marvels.

I gotta admit Gothic architecture doesn't fuck around

A german town, I meant

Looks cheap tbqh

Awesome, they look like giant futuristic pylons.

>how badly do you consider Dutch people as foreigners

I don't think people in these kind of places have bad prejudices against foreigners. In very touristic villages maybe, like the Mont Saint Michel or in Provence villages, because they see a lot of people. But otherwise as long as you speak French it's fine. In some places there is some redneck mentality, but it's not deep-America redneck (no offense)

reeeIt looks absolutely lovely

It's pretty fucking big tb.h
And here's the opposite ayy