Fedora Thread !

Post some screenshots of you using Fedora !
getfedora.org/
Why should you use Fedora ?
>secure thanks to SELinux
>just werks
>God tier package management
>comes with many different desktop environments

Other urls found in this thread:

wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/NVIDIA/Troubleshooting#Avoid_screen_tearing
lists.fedoraproject.org/pipermail/users/2015-October/465594.html
unix.stackexchange.com/questions/276632/fedora-23-dnf-update-stuck-at-running-transaction
forums.fedoraforum.org/showthread.php?t=311530
reddit.com/r/Fedora/comments/66qcdp/fedora_infrastructure_outage_network_outage_at/
twitter.com/internetarchive/status/855457991272706048
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Fedora 25 on a 17 inch 2011 macbook pro (everything works perfectly)

*tips*

Fedora 25 GNOME running a custom built desktop i7, 16gb, nvidia

I have had a bad experience with Fedora after I install my Nvidia drivers. But now it's been really good.

Screen tearing is an issue. It's not massive. Just looks like the bottom half othe screen when I scroll down is being shifted to right

Any fixes?

This is why I'm scared to get Fedora right now - I'm oscillating between fedora and ubuntu Gnome - I know with ubuntu I would have less problems but I appreciate having latest kernel and up-to-date stuff on Fedora.

qt

Nvidia drivers are pretty shitty, try doing a kernel update

I am happy user of F26 on desktop and VM. F26 use kernel 4.10 which have drivers for my GTX 1060. DNF is gream and steam works

>Just Werks

Except when it doesn't. I installed some drivers for my bmc4360 wireless card. It was working fine and I was happy. I updated and they broke. I will probably have to reinstall them (but I forgot where I got them from).

I'm currently running Mint, but I will probably switch to Fedora w/ Cinnamin once I finish my exams.

Also, let's see the 6 gorillion get

Fuck, aas jt deleted?

>I updated

You never update fedora if your install is stable.

Shit

>Screen tearing is an issue. It's not massive. Just looks like the bottom half othe screen when I scroll down is being shifted to right
>Any fixes?

force vsync through xorg conf or proprietary nvidia drivers

How would I do that?

thinking about putting it on my x220 instead of win10. would i regret it? hows the battery life? i currently use ubuntu on my desktop and want to try fedora for nostalgia reasons.

I don't know about battery life. I had Fedora 25 XFCE on my Dell Inspiron 3000 and it had decent battery life.

wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/NVIDIA/Troubleshooting#Avoid_screen_tearing

it's probably called vsync or prevent screen tearing in proprietary nvidia control panel, I haven't used nvidia for years so can't help you out with specifics

I have it on my Macbook, and I find the battery life better than MacOS

>using fedora since 22
>on fedora 25
>sudo dnf update
>laptop freezes for a minute
>happens everytime I try to install new programs

So have they fixed that bug?

just to be clear this is with the proprietary nvidia driver, although the arch wiki will have instructions for the free driver

if you're on wayland then proprietary nvidia control panel is your best bet

fuck off arch nigger screenlet

9 cell battery, about 8-9h on win10 using edge for browsing. heard nothing good about linux und notebooks and i always used linux on desktops.

try dnf clean all? never experienced that issue before

Thing is I like Fedora and will install F26 when it comes out. This is just a temporary until they fix dnf shit.

lists.fedoraproject.org/pipermail/users/2015-October/465594.html
unix.stackexchange.com/questions/276632/fedora-23-dnf-update-stuck-at-running-transaction
forums.fedoraforum.org/showthread.php?t=311530
yup, but it is some kind of a bug. I hope they will fix it soon.

nice
>tfw no cookies

how do you make your Date and time colored ?

Fedora fags on suicide watch?
reddit.com/r/Fedora/comments/66qcdp/fedora_infrastructure_outage_network_outage_at/

It may be related to this?
twitter.com/internetarchive/status/855457991272706048

use to run fedora on all my computers, but switched to debian w/ kde after using this shitbox at work, it's just way more comfy then fedora

lmao@ayy
not ayy@lmao

Switched from Fedora Gnome to Antergos KDE and it feels really comfy and what a DE should feel like.

Will check into KDE Neon and OpenSuSE as I heard they have the best KDE implementation.

kek
yea I know I fucked up. I installed it yesterday.