GET THE FUCK IN HERE FA/g/GOTS

>S8 or S8+
>How do you like it so far
>Plan on keeping it for a bit?
>Comments

Other urls found in this thread:

mobilenewsflash.com/search/S8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

S8+ here. Excellent phone but Touchwizz is horrible, hopefully i have exynos version for future ROM

>still have my old Samsung S3
Mods pls ban consumerist propaganda. There is literally no reason to upgrade.

If you have a phone already capable of internet, talk, and text, then you don't need a new phone and you fell for the Jewish tricks.

I understand the hate for past versions of Touchjizz, but I actually really like the re-incarnation of it on the S8. Feels like a proper mix of Android and iOS. I feel like it's well executed.

But since we're here
>S8 or S8+
S8+ doesn't give you anything more, other than size, over the standard one
Not sure if getting one or not: I love the design like I never loved a smartphone's design before, but I have mixed feelings abouth the curved screen; also, the fingerprint scanner has been clearly slapped there at the last moment in place of a better system, and the Samshit bloatware that nobody wants now has a dedicated button that nobody needed, but most of all the MSRP is ridiculous
If I ever buy a new phone, it will have to last me for at least the same amount of time of my old one (four years and counting)
>Comments
I wish Samsung wasn't so shit

>too poor for the S8 so decides to shitpost instead

Hopefully one day user

At first I truly hated the placement of the fingerprint sensor. I wasn't even considering buying the phone becuase of it. But after I held it and used it for 30 or so minutes, I like it so much more than the G6 or 7 Plus sensor. People say they fucked up with the placement, but I think it's genius. Bixby is shit though.

I was a Nexus guy since Nexus S, i think that's why i hate Touchwizz so much

My point however is not about the placement in itself, on which we can argue on endlessly, but rather on the fact that the phone was intended to have an ultrasonic fingerprint reader under the screen; the lack of such feature is not very good looking on such a bleeding edge (pun not intended) smartphone. Anyway, it's not a deal breaker.

What I think is on the thin line between being a deal breaker or not is the curved screen, which inevitably causes reflections regardless of the angle at which you keep the phone, and the picture that gets physically distorted because it's wrapped around a curved surface instead of being flat (I tried the S7 Edge and I assume the S8 isn't different in this).

S8+ here, love the phone. Snapdragon version so locked with what I got. Surprised a lot of the bloatware can be uninstalled. Using Nova launcher pro

I want to buy one, but I'm still waiting to check if I need personal fire extingiusher before buying one. Meantime I will follow this source with plenty of news
and reviews on S8.

>mobilenewsflash.com/search/S8

S4 and S6 owner here. I'm never getting another touchwiz phone.

this. there's lots of consumerist propaganda on Sup Forums
S8+ plus gives you more power (even though cpu and gpu are same) check the benchmarks

iPhone 6S Plus

Some phones are better than others. My gf has a Nexus 5x and it is one of the shittiest phones I've seen. It'll randomly drop connectivity and takes a minimum of twenty minutes to get it back. It also hangs a lot. Her phone is brand new. My s7, which I got before her phone, has never given me problems. Heck, my Alcatel one touch had only one failure. A catastrophic one, but still only one.

Anyone else literally incapable of buying phones without physical bezel buttons?

Pre-ordered. Got all the Gear VR stuff free. Returned it. Bought an iPhone 7+. Planning on selling the shit i got free for like $150.

>S8+ plus gives you more power

If you mean power in terms of electricity, then yes, the battery's bigger, but according to the benchmarks, the battery lasts basically the same (if not even less).

If you mean processing power, well, that nowadays is a meme. 99% of the apps can run flawlessly on $100 smartphones, what's under the hood doesn't really matter anymore. You won't even notice you have that kind of power in your hand, and saying you can notice the slight difference between the S8 and S8+ in terms of processing power, if there is any, is literally audiophile-grade bullshit. If for some reason you like, want, or need a bigger screen, then go for it, but there is no substantial gimmick difference that makes the S8+ worth the $100 premium.

How well does the iris scanner work with glasses?

>no physical home button
nope. Getting an s7 instead.
There are a few things a company should not remove and physical buttons are several of these.

>>S8 or S8+
S8+
>>How do you like it so far
Absolutely love the feel of the phone, and the better battery is a bonus, too. The rehash of Touchwiz actually makes the phone more bearable with Vanilla, but I'll probably go and grab Nova Launcher anyways.
>>Plan on keeping it for a bit?
Definitely. I already have a case on the way for it, too.
>>Comments
Actually got it on the 19th, since it seems Sprint decided to release it early for people who preordered. A 20 hour day with this battery left me at 40% when I was done.

It doesn't work that well with glasses, as far as I've used it. A solution is to tilt your head down a bit and look at the iris scanner dead on, but I'm sure they'll make it more worthwhile with glasses later on.

>S8 or S8+
S8
Love it, the phone isn't too big but it looks huge because more screen less bezel. I don't miss the physical home button, the fingerprint scanner is a bit of a bitch to use but the iris scanner is pretty fucking neat and works very quick unless you're walking around outside then it might take a second to adjust the distance from face to phone. bixby button won't ever get used.
yea for another 6 years till something else good comes out.

I totally agree with you
I won't fall for 0.3 cm bezelless screen meme since i already have small and comfy phone tho

>still hasn't been delivered
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

How easy is it to hold with the screen being curved?

Surprisingly well. I have big hands and haven't really tapped anything accidentally when holding the phone.