Now that Ryzen is out, is there a single legitimate reason to purchase anything Intel?

Now that Ryzen is out, is there a single legitimate reason to purchase anything Intel?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=lOZbK3tP7EU
techpowerup.com/231401/you-really-shouldnt-delid-amds-ryzen-7-cpus
youtube.com/watch?v=D_Yt4vSZKVk
youtube.com/watch?v=XOsYOASddeo
scanproaudio.info/2017/03/02/amd-ryzen-first-look-for-audio/
wccftech.com/intel-developing-new-x86-uarch-succeed-core-generation/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>is there a single legitimate reason to purchase anything Intel?
Only if you are a Rothschild shill

PAJEET DONT OVERUSE THE MEMES THEY MIGHT BE ONTO US

Yes, there are many reasons. Have you even looked at the benchmarks?

I have, and all I've seen is 10% more performance for Intel at 2 times the price and 70% more CPU usage.

NOOO YOU ADMITTED INTEL IS BETTER DELETTTT

Pure Sup Forums cancer

Yes, gaming.

RAM compatibility. Ryzen is 2133 for life if you have more than 4gb

No decent mini-ITX boards for Ryzen. For Intel you have gamer + midrange + budget mini-ITX boards from every brand.

reddit

Yes, gaming

>implying Sup Forums and gaymen shit isn't pure reddit
you kust be 18+ to post here

Objectively false.
Ryzen is officially confirmed 2667GHz for single rank, 2x8GB (16GB) RAM

XD

:^)

Why did you time travel from a month ago just to post this?

I'm not a poorfag and Intel processors are better supported and more optimized for most applications.

If you're breathtakingly poor: G4560
If you really need 25% more single core performance for some reason (at the expensive of 50+% multicore and lack of future upgradeability): 7700K

Other than that, there's not much left.

fpbp

single core performance

I'd never buy a shitty 4-core stuttering housefire on a dead socket.

-intel - gaming (for now)
-ryzen - everything else
>04/07
are you from future ?

>paying more than ~150$ for CPU
>total retardz

but muh gayms
>fuck off

sage goes in all fields

month/day/year

Reminder.

Considering the fact that Intlel is complete shit in workloads and a stuttery mess in gayming, the only people who buy Intel are braindead poos.

i just read that guys twitter feed what a fucking tool Jesus he sounds like a 12 yo fanboy

>tfw when amdrones buy amd they're the ones who suffer

enjoying my intel productivity right here. I've spent 20 grand in intel CPUs.

can you even delid AMD CPU's?

Does anyone have experience with GPU pass-through with ryzen boards on Linux?

I'd like to get a ryzen CPU for running some neural networks and the occasional video game on Windows. Shitty IOMMU grouping would be pretty annoying.

theyre soldered, no reason to

because theyre not jews.

I know they're soldered, but is it like actual solder that solidifies or is it liquid and can be delided?

More expensive Intel chips have soldered case too though. Replacing that thick solder under 6950x case still makes significant difference thouth though.

Yes
No/Kind of.

why the fuck would you even want to

u wot?

Some madman did it
youtube.com/watch?v=lOZbK3tP7EU

It's pretty fucking complex.

Some people refuse to buy intel because of their shitty illegal business practices, and anti-competitive behavior.

It wont make any fucking difference on amd
also chances of fucking up your cpu is 99.999998%

jewgle it. techpowerup.com/231401/you-really-shouldnt-delid-amds-ryzen-7-cpus

Even delidding 6950x with soldered case gave stronger t decrease then with Ryzen telling that they did it well.

I'm going to ignore SSDs and NICs (etc) and speculate on CPUs only.

the i7 and R7 lines have strong tradeoffs relative to each other and both are worth buying depending on your situation.

i3 and i5 are basically dead. I mean, they'll keep selling, but there's no reason to buy them if you're informed.

the super cheap celeron and pentium stuff is currently up against excavator APUs (which suck) but once single ccx+gcn APUs roll out it might be a complete disaster for them.

xeons have no competition until naples is out. no telling how that's going to turn out but my guess is AMD will fab a single quad ccx chip and aggressively bin+price it to undercut Intel everywhere. I don't think AMD will have an answer for the 24 core E7 chips except perhaps for those dual CPU systems they'll be trying to sell to companies.

X99 (and whatever their next HEDT platform is), while probably hemorrhaging sales right now, still has a number of advantages over Ryzen and is better suited for some extreme use cases. I think AMD mentioned they had some ultra-high-end consumer parts coming soon but I know nothing about it.

I think we might be in for a quarter or two of AMD (mostly) winning though, as crazy as that sounds.

Optane is looking goid. See tom's hardware's testing if the initial data center kit

Single thread performance, great for digital media creators

Good (enough) multithread performance. Most people don't need to worry about shaving 30 mins off a 20 hour job

The successor to x98 is x299and its coming out very soon with 4 to 12 core cpus

I thought you were informed?

it's apparently broken on many motherboards due to the IOMMU groupings being all out of whack

basically, the platform supports it, but your motherboard might not

I think Wendell had some fixes but I didn't look into it much

I haven't been able to follow the industry so closely lately so I might be a few weeks out of date

Why is there no AMD low end to compete with the basic Pentiums?

Non gaymers stuck with Intel..

i can think of TWO reasons:

>hackintosh
>mini-ITX boards are not there.

all of the Ryzen line is one chip. they can only bin it so much.

AMD does have offerings in that price range but they're still Excavator, not Zen.

Price/Performance ?
Not being bamboozled by HAVING to buy expensive ram ?
Having a real support for the products...
Can I go on ?

Reasons?

EVERY1 NEEDS A 4% INCREASE IN PERFORMANCE, DA FUCK IS WRONG WITH YOU.

Totally worth it, yeah, i loooooove paying more for a tiny performance increase.

i hope the 8 core skylake-x drops down in price, 12 core takes the top slot at $1700 and coffee lake 6 core coming out forcing them to drop 6 core from HEDT

they launch in a month so if the 8 core is 550-600$ id get one over a 1800x but if its $800+ screw them ether buy ryzen now or wait for coffee lake

the 1600 pretty much killed the i5 and the 1700 made whole the Broadwell E lineup obsolete

DELID

>Price/Performance ?
The only Intel CPU that has strong price to performance is the G4560, they basically made their i3 line obsolete with that chip, and the i5 are getting whipped by the R5 in price to performance.

>x299
obviously you should get x399 platform
it's 100 better

Fanboy wars on Sup Forums rival Sup Forums. Absolute cancer.

>Price/Performance ?
Intel loses here so badly it's not even funny.

>Not being bamboozled by HAVING to buy expensive ram ?
Stop memeing this, it's fucking dead.

youtube.com/watch?v=D_Yt4vSZKVk
youtube.com/watch?v=XOsYOASddeo

>Having a real support for the products
What the fuck does this even mean? FUD? Fuck off with this vague bullshit.

>2.7THz
Where may I purchase such RAM?

They're coming in the form of the R3 and Raven Ridge APUs later this year. AMD has one more shot left to fire at Intel, and the only thing left standing will be the 7700K.

Newegg 3rd party sellers from another galaxy.

You're trading a lot for that tiny bit of single core performance. Price, multicore, upgrades, TDP, future-proofing, warantee if you want to delid .. you lose on literally everything else. It's still not worth it, really.

It's indium based solder like Intel hedt.
The solder melts at low temperature allowing you to delid with heat but there aren't much reason to do so.

Nigger you dumb
I could get 2667 all day long
and got 3200 out of the box on 16gb of RAM by EVGA before the 20th of march.

Normies just bought bad boards

Yes, music production. Ryzen's memory controller sucks and doesn't handle low latency very well.

Meme-ITX boards from major vendors are coming in July.

No dies besides Zeppelin and future APU die will be fabbed. >8core parts are MCM.

All I can find is this review testing audio related stuff on release day before any of the fixes were in place.

scanproaudio.info/2017/03/02/amd-ryzen-first-look-for-audio/

"As the silicon continues to be refined and the chip-set and drivers are fine-tuned then we should see the whole platform continue to move from strength to strength, but at this stage until more is known about those strength and weaknesses of the hardware, you should be aware that it has both its pros and cons to consider."

Doesn't sound like an open and shut case at all ..

isnt intel gonna just release something far better anyways?

Their new arch isn't out until 2021 at the earliest and it remains to be seen if it will be worth it at all, seeing as they're breaking backwards compatibility in a lot of ways. wccftech.com/intel-developing-new-x86-uarch-succeed-core-generation/

In the meantime, they only have the same old stale arch they've been milking to death for years now. Nothing to do with it but raise TDP to housefire levels and pray that die shrinks have some sort of effect besides lowering performance.

Some people managed 3200 on my kit but I'm not quite there yet, it will happen in May when the new microcode comes out.

It's open and shut. Drivers does not change hardware. And even if you pretend that's possible it's what works now that matters, not what may or may not work in the future.

Most of those issues were already worked out in the first month. I'm really looking forward to Intel's new architecture so everyone can see what a clusterfuck it ends up being at launch.

I take it you'll never be buying a Pascal GPU for your music production system.

7700K if you want to push 144fps at 1080p.

G4560 if you're a poorfag.

That's it. All other Intel chips are currently irrelevant.

>Kaby Lake

push 144 avg fps with stu tt er up the ass maybe

If you want the best single-threaded performance and/or better power efficiency. The gap admittedly is much closer this time around then during Sandy Bridge versus Bulldozer era.

Kaby Lake is still king at portables until AMD releases Raven Rridge a.k.a A series chips based on Ryzen architecutre.

>better power efficiency

That's complete bullshit though. Ryzen is more power efficient than any of Intel's HEDT housefires, and runs a lot fucking cooler than the Kaby Lake infernos and their shitty thermal jizz.

no CPU pins

what kit? mines a team ddr4-3000 so i dont expect to be able to get much more out of it.

Trident Z 3200, Hynix dies

>letting the eternal intel unload costs on mobo manufacturers by forcing them to produce this monstrosity is a good thing
good goy.

I take it you've never attempted to repair a broken motherboard socket pin vs a CPU pin.

Considering the *-e chips are usually just the same architecture with MOAR COARZ I really dont think that skylake-e is going to bring something new to the table.

how do you find out the dies? any particular program or just trawling the web

Utilities like speccy might report it but you can always remove the heat spreader and see it yourself.

HWiNFO should tell you under SDRAM Manufacturer

speccy said nah
running at 3.8ghz now, 1.32v

skhynix it is. thanks for the info.

I don't need a reason to purchase anything Intel.

I can buy whatever I want because I'm not a poorfag NEET faggot like 90% of the people on Sup Forums.

>Now that Ryzen is out, is there a single legitimate reason to purchase anything Intel?
No. Ryzen offers more performance for cheaper. On platform that'll last for 3+ years. I guess g4560 is an okay buy, but Raven Ridge soon™.

I'm running 3200 without any trouble. Not currently planning to try any higher.

fucking hell. will the modules communicate via infinity fabric too?

is this a short term thing? ie "can't afford to do it otherwise but once this shit sells enough we'll have more dies"

I'm not a mongoloid who punches his motherboard socket, so no.

Are you retarded to look at uarch details? Zen handles lego-block-style scaling P E R F E C T L Y.

So you're a mongoloid incapable of lining up some pins with some holes to drop it into?

Setting aside the fact that BGA CPUs run slightly cooler and are sturdier.

fuck off fanboy

>i am too retarded to learn about uarch so please fuck me in the eyes
Okay. Imma fuck you.

>hurr my daddy is perfect in every conceivable way
fuck off fanboy

modularity that scales well was kind of the whole point of the architecture.

Hmm, what did AMDrones mean by this?