RIP INTEL RIP AMD RIP x86

youtube.com/watch?v=A_GlGglbu1U

Is this the Microsoft endgame? Phones with full W10 instead of a "mobile OS" ?

Will Microsoft make PC's and Laptops obsolete?

You made this thread yesterday.

and yesterday was the same shit

sage

>Windows on 2014 Atom performance

Lol

Your powers of observation are truly amazing.

I've got electric light.
I've got second sight.
I've got amazing .. powers .. of ob-ser-vation
And that is how they'll win
When I try to get through
On the telephone to you
There'll be only Windows 10

Yeah, I'm sure AMD and Intel will really kill themselves by losing the 10% total worldwide marketshare that Windows has.

>its the year 2022
>user arrives home
>sits at his desk with a monitor.... but what is this?? there is no tower pc??
>surely it must be an AIO....
>on closer inspection the monitor doesn't have any processing power.... what is he going to do if he doesn't have a computer to use the monitor with?
>user reaches for his pocket and grabs a smartphone
>what will he do with his phone? reply to a whatsapp message?
>oh wait... is he.... yes he is!
>he is DOCKING THE PHONE ON THE MONITOR
>and the phone has a full Windows operative system in it!
>everything runs on the phone! games, movies, photo/video edition applications!
>its amazing!

Please explain how will AMD and INTEL will survive this with x86.

Great imaginary future, flying cards when?

>1.59GHz

I don't care about RISC trash, clocklets can go fuck themselves.

>user arrives
Why did he exit from home in the first place?

Servers

>he doesn't know that x86 are RISC inside for 20 years

?

Did you even watch the video?

>Will Microsoft make PC's and Laptops obsolete?
No, they will make PCs with arm trash.

>Video playback
>Really really slow x86 emulation
>Shitty Photoshop filter takes several seconds
Show me the real benchmarks, motherfucker. And give me more than two apps that are compiled for arm64.

>magical emulation technology

More like RIP NVidia.

AMD and Intel will just release CPU and GPU on the same die and extend their instruction set to handle parallel processing easily. Nvidia will have to merge with a CPU manufacturer to survive.

Just this wtf
Do you honestly expect windows 10 to run smoothly on a low power processor?
Windows 7 wasn't able and windows 10 is three times heavier sue to all telemetry and bloat

>implying MS still have any influence on computing

They fail on every new market they try to invade with their crap.

>this thread again
Overhead on x86 emulation is going to still be too bad to do anything useful.
This shit might be ok on a arm processor built for desktop use but that defeats the purpose.

>windows 10 is three times heavier
Windows can can run unmodified on only 256MB of ram. If an app needs more system resources Windows 10 can slim itself down and free up CPU a hell of alot better than Windows 7 can

>0:40 in video showing task manager
2:53 on clock
>0:41 in video showing edge
2:56 on clock

Current state of Windows 10 and retards like you will defend this.

You know what?

I don't really care if a mobile device runs a desktop OS. I just want something that fucking works for my own purposes and doesn't run slow.

This is just enthusiast garbage.

>Windows can can run unmodified on only 256MB of ram
Please, show your fucking rig with that memory running Winblows Ten or fuck yourself.

>phones have more power now than laptops had 10 years ago
>trash

>emulation
Keep trying retard.

>official windows channel
>windows is not activated

WHY CAN'T WINDOWS BE OPEN SOURCE IMAGINE HOW GREAT THAT WOULD BE FUCKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK

I got one even better only 128mb of ram
Not really useful as it doesn't leave room for apps but the entire OS and kernel can fit in 128mb

Its great because it isn't open source, retard.

>Not really useful
It's useful as usual.
>also
Swapped out bunch of things so...

Quads of truth

Kill yourself.

I've never mentioned ram, I said cpu and cpu is what started the discussion, not the ram
I said that win10 can't run smoothly on low power cpus not on low ram

Not really. The memory stats and the 100% disk activity clearly show it's swapping all the time.
That would make it either painfully slow on an HDD or chew through an SSD very quickly.

According to my fuckass calculations, their Photoshop filter takes 1.72 seconds to complete on a 1920x1200 sized image. It takes a fraction of a second on any modern Intel CPU. I should test it on my Z3735F-based netbook just for shits and giggles.

hey fuck your whore of a mother. only reason i don't use windows is the fact that it spies the shit on you

>ARM is RISC
>PPC is also RISC

Win10 on POWER9 when?

Took the b8

IBM will go bankrupt due they can't stop sucking venom from Microsoft's dick since the 80's.

>?

Most of AMD and Intels money comes from workstations and servers. ARM can never match a x86 in terms of throughput without sacrificing it's low power consumption. Servers and Workstations need to be as strong as possible to keep up with the growing demands in both of those areas (especially with the cloud essentially turning most servers into VM clusters and spawning 50 VM's requires a shit ton of CPU power and RAM.)

AMD and Intel aren't going anywhere, for one thing AMD makes ARM processors.

Modern x86 CPUs are internally RISC too.

Fun fact:
When Intel gave up on freescale, the future of WinCE (and Windows on phones) gone dark very quickly. PDAs died for good.

RISC is an acronym for reduced instruction set, it's not a type of processor. ARM has a reduced instruction set, but Windows isn't supporting RISC-V or anything like that (yet.) Windows is supporting ARM because it's what phones and half of tablets run on (the other half of tablets use i3's.)

Intel has a tiny RISC chip with a x86 emulation layer, yes; but a x86 is not an ARM processor (or a RISCV.) x86 get a lot of Hz (and a fast IPC,) but uses a lot of power. ARM has decent Hz and a slower IPC, but it doesn't use shit for power. The only time an ARM can match a x86 is when you give it more power than a x86; in which case what's the point of arm anyway?

Microsoft is trying to fight iOS and Android because the desktop is dying, but the Workstation and Server can't be replaced by weaker processors any time soon because we need to be able to emulate hundreds of computers or use CPU/RAM intensive IDE's and testing software. Plus, have you ever compiled a program on ARM? Try mining bitcoins or compiling a linux from scratch on a rasberry pi and tell me that the x86 is dying any time soon.

You don't seem to understand how modern processors work.

I'd love to see competitions by ARM manufacturers for Windows PC.

>biggest market of MS are x86-exclusive games and programs, including legacy programs

consumer-tier windows on anything but x86 are all DOA, only delusional armfags think otherwise.

MS Office is the one that keeps normies on Windows.

>You don't seem to understand how modern processors work.

t. retard

>RIP INTEL RIP AMD RIP x86
Good riddance?

The highlight of the year will be AMD's release of K12. It shall be quite interesting indeed to see if they manage to produce an ARM implementation that rivals the best x86 implementations. If they do, I'm throwing all my x86 computers out.

They don't. A 2GHz ARM phone won't beat a Core 2 duo in general purpose performance.

>RISC is an acronym for reduced instruction set, it's not a type of processor.
That can be argued. Early RISC designs (i.e. the ideas that actually spawned RISC) focused almost exclusively on the internal structure and implementation of the processor, the whole point being to make pipelining (and a bit later, multiple dispatch) much more efficient.

The instruction set just followed from that to simplify decoding. It wasn't about simplifying the instruction set for the purpose of having a simple instruction set, rather it was about simplifying the processor implementation by having an instruction set closely matching the implementation techniques, which (as anyone who has used the architecture would very acutely know) is most prominently exemplified by MIPS. The MIPS machine language can hardly be said to be "simple" with its delay slots and other retardery that later, different implementations had to deal with to stay backwards compatible even though it no longer matched the implementation.

In that way, RISC was originally much more about a certain type of processor than about a certain type of instruction set. In much later days, if anything, RISC has more and more come to mean a "simple and more elegant instruction set", but that is more because of the interpretations of an amateurish tech press.

>Modern x86 CPUs are internally RISC too.
On the other hand, this isn't very true either. For example, Atom (both pre- and post-silvermont) has always dealt with x86 instructions directly, and I'm fairly sure most AMD designs do as well (not sure about Zen). It's mostly just the P6 design and its successors that have even used a somewhat wide discrepancy between the x86 instructions and the internal µops, and even then, the "RISCyness" of the P6 has mostly just been about deconstructing addressing modes into separate load/store µops. The vast majority of actual instructions are represented 1-to-1 in the µop set.

See pic. Sure, they're low-clocked Intel CPUs, but they're clocked similarly to the A9X, so it gives at least a vague indication of the IPC performance, and all those processors are certainly faster than a Core 2 Duo.

Sure it's far from a 7700K, but it's also far from trash.

Some more relevant results, and against an i5 to boot.

>x86 emulation
How many times have we been over this already?

>emulation
lol

They did emulation at 1:20 in OP's vidya.