I took the redpill

Sup Forums I finally understand why everybody is trying to sell phones&tablets instead of computers and why desktops are dying

>be dell or HP, 2005
>can sell one computer to one entire family, for $700-800
>can maybe sell them a new computer in 5 years if you're lucky

>be apple or samsung now
>can sell one smartphone to EVERY member of an entire family, for $800 or more each
>can also sell a tablet to each family member for another $500 each
>you can sell them a new phone every 2 years

phones literally print money Sup Forums

You're a fucking retard. You want to share a family computer?

OP said 2005. Did your dog have his own MBP is 2005?

He wouldnt, but poorfags and normalfags all across the world would

>extremely basic business decisions are now a redpill
kys

some hispanic teenager where I live went to jail for beating the shit out of some 60 yr old guy at an employment center because he wasn't following the computer policy. people are fucking nuts man.

>everyone in the family has a 800$+ phone

How high do you have to be to believe that

*disgusted sigh*
*adds redpill to filterlist*

everyone in my family has a new iphone, everyone in my MIS class has at least a 5s and a macbook, every chinese student has a 6s, a macbook and an iWatch, and everyone I work with has an iphone and a macbook, with the exception of the boss, who doesn't even know how to turn a computer on and uses a trakfone

That's real.

That's a normie tier redpill, the real redpill is that we have had the technology to create processors that are currently as good as the ones that modern PCs use today in the early 90s, it was just not seen as profitable so they have been making advances slowly starting at 100% per year to 50% per year to 20% per year, and now we have less than 8% per year advances in computing power all because it's just more profitable to sell more chips every year.

I'm getting pretty worried about how stupid people are getting. Your post isn't helping. OP was completely clear in his writing yet you have completely misunderstood.

I could see it in some upper middle class families. The same families that used to buy a $800 computer every 5 years.

Nothing makes me more angry than when somebody completely reads a post the wrong way.

I don't know if this is the work of some master trolls, or people are just getting stupider.

kfc yourself

Everyone does monthly payments that gets tacked onto the bill. They have $800+ phones that they ad $20 or more dollars to their monthly bill to pay off.

Computers got cheaper and more ubiquitous from fucking 2005 to the modern day. Its not some mad business conspiracy you stupid cunts. The landscape changed, the internet became big and very important, the need to be connected to it all the time, on small devices was attractive. Nothing more nothing less.

kill yourself

Maybe desktop computers shouldn't cost so fucking much. I know for a fact my 1TB SATA HDD doesn't cost anywhere near $100 to produce yet there it is.

Which was exactly OP's point. But never miss an opportunity to be an asshole on the internet, amirite?

Kill yourself blogposter, you waste of oxygen.

>the redpill meme strikes again
So what now, western society, niggers, muslins, what else?

This is the dumbest shit i've read all day long.

Just because we can make fighter jets, does it means everyone gets one? Fucking hell, the spawn of Sup Forums only gets worse everyday.

samefag posting pictures of niggers

You triggered, m8?

No, but a fighterjet is made of millions of dollars worth of materials including titanium, not just sand, copper, lead, and tin.

>redpill

Ok then genius, why don't you go ahead, find those materials and make yourself a processor?

I'll make it easier for you. Make a 8051. I'll wait.

You don't even know how to load a program at one of thise, fuck off.

Sup Forums is full of successful self made multimillionaires who will achieve more than you ever will.

>self made multimillionaires
>self made
yeah, just like their idol Trump

Why is he brown? Are minorities neo-nazis?

Literally everyone in my (large) family owns at least one computer, most of them have two or three.
Do normal people really just share one computer? lel. Normies are true üntermensch

Not their idol anymore, since it did what everyone knew he would.

Nazis have always like arabs because of shared hatred for jews.

>all these people getting triggered by the word "redpill"

Yeah don't watch The Matrix if you dont want to get triggered

People hate how it's treated as some deep political and philosophical ideas.

Coming from the fucking cancer that's rife in Sup Forums. Fuck off to reddit and bother those dicks, the grown ups are trying to have a discussion and your autism is grating

Around 10-11 years ago, as mentioned I the post but youre obviously a retard, it was a lot more common

Can you please tell me what you would rather see on this board? At least this post can create some discussion, whereas every stupid CPU/GPU thread is just a battle of intense shilling.

True, I didn't read your post. Just skimmed and then wrote a reply as quickly as possible to degrade the discourse.

This pretty much. Sure they could have tried selling multiple laptops but people are less eager to buy 4 of those even at $300 each compared to 2 tablets and 4 smartphones. It may cost double or triple but they have layaway for 12 months or even 24 months with 8% APR
It prints money

literally anyone could do this. I could find all the materials for one processor by diving in the sea for a few hours. Production from then is is childsp lay. Whats your point

>newfag doesnt even know where this image is from and thinks its an anti-Sup Forums image

Kill yourself you nigger kike faggot with AIDS and down syndrome.

The point is unlike your claim, I can LITERALLY find all the materials for a fighter jet by going into the mountains for an evening. Production from then is is childsp lay. Whats your point

^That is how stupid you sound

>red pill
>instead gnu pill
Gay.

indigopill as fuck

he couldn't just stand outside of home depot like the rest of his amigos? millennials really are getting lazy

>Butthurt retard has no argument
Not even surprised.

You spic cock sucking nigger level IQ gorilla. Get the fuck off my website.

When will people take the red pill that says companies are not that god damn smart to come up with these great ideas. They're to god damn short sighted and any attempt of innovation is a threat to their profits. Prime example is AT&T killing tech at bell labs that ended being developed else where, in order to preserve phone market share and place in the household and office.