Thank you, Microsoft

Windows has just added a new excellent feature that is going to replace the need of installing third-party apps. On top of that, it's a feature that improves your sleep and consequently your health.

Linux users can only dream about having such ease of use.

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/Tyrrrz/LightBulb
help.gnome.org/misc/release-notes/3.24/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

f.lux

Do you have Downs syndrome or did you just receive your education in the US?

OP literally made it explicit that this is about getting rid of fuc.ks or any other third-party shit. It's built-in now.

oh no you took the bait
at least this thread can die now

"A feature that improves people's health. Since I'm a fat basement dweller that must be bait. Nobody in the world should care about their health"

but Linux already has that. its called GUHNOME Night Light

1 poo has been deposited into your loo, pajeet.

there are ads in control panel now too? glad I left after win7

this is where accusations of bloat come from.

What is that complicated UI? Is the entire Windows 10 like that? So user-unfriendly.

Redshift

>using a computer as a night light

>OP literally made it explicit that this is about getting rid of fuc.ks or any other third-party shit. It's built-in now.
And how the hell does that make it better?

How is Windows night mode holding up to Flux IRL?

Here is Apple nightshift vs flux

sudo apt-get install redshift
sudo dnf install redshift
sudo pacman -S redshift

>nuking your color accuracy for an unproven placebo

ya no ty

Why the hell does anybody use these things?
Are you so mentally challenged you can't just look at a clock and put down your fucking phone to go to bed?

>t. Retard

F.lux was a botnet, at least this way we keep it down to just windows being the botnet

are you retarded?
winshit is the only pajeet tier OS that makes it hard to install and manage software packages.
this solution is inferior to installing and managing redshift in a GNU/Linux box (1 click at install, 0 click for updates)

MacOS already has this shit

They're not the same, one has half the features of the other and a completedly different UI

Curious, which features does it have over redshift?

Golly. I'm so excited.

>feature not in LTSB nor Server 2016
Literally a non-feature

This, boggles my mind.

hahaha

no need to cuss

f.lux et al. have not been proven in any way to "improve your sleep."

f.lux is terrible to look at, why do people use this meme?

Sup Forums loves flux but they'll hate this shit and call it bloat.
Personally, I just adjust the brightness on my monitor.

you sure senpai?
>can't just enable it for all day
>have to set it like 00:00 to 23:59

>can't adjust color temperature

0/10

gnome has that too
kde propably too

What's wrong with third party apps? We used to call pointless included rubbish bloatware. If you want f.lux, download f.lux; don't push it through Windows Update

>why can't I enable NIGHT LIGHT all day
gee user, it's almost like you're trying to permanently change your color temperature with an app designed to change it automatically on a timer

Apparently it turns off when running fullscreen programs and forgets to turn itself back on after your done.

the point is windows gets to shamelessly steal ideas from existing applications, not that windows itself is evil, but that people working for microsoft are talentless hacks attempting to standout among their peers by implementing an "outstanding feature" and increase their personal "human capital".

Unfortunately because most of microsoft's employees are pajeets that just results in a shit load of theft of IP, but they have lawyers so they only steal from people who can't fight back.

Is there an easier way? Is there really?

If im on my computer i will have lit surroundings so i dont need to adjust screens.

We've had this on mac for a while now.

"night shift"

github.com/Tyrrrz/LightBulb

DELETE THIS
WINDOWS IS BETTER
IT'S MADE BY HIGH TECH AMERICAN CODERS NOT BASEMENT DWELLERS AND CIA SCHIZO NIGGERS

oh I can't wait to have my pc permanently on, including mics and webcams.

KDE reporting.

My ipad could do this since at least a year ago.

As usual microshaft stealing other companies' ideas.

I came here just to post this too. Too bad the insecure windows herd need to constantly smear on other OS as a mantra to feel better with themselves about microsoft screwing them on purpose.

Looks like shit.

Why not just not look at the screen?

Gnome 3.24 has this also build in.
help.gnome.org/misc/release-notes/3.24/

> $ redshift -O 3000