>Keyset wiki
keypuller.com

Previous thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

search.pccasegear.com/search?asug=&view=list&w=Ducky
amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html?nodeId=200783670
amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html?nodeId=541260
amazon.co.uk/Mechanical-Keyboard-GATERON-Magicforce-Qisan/dp/B01E6SM2XY
reddit.com/r/MechanicalKeyboards/comments/4ta2br/thoughts_on_qisan_60_with_outemu_brown_switches/
aliexpress.com/store/product/double-shot-pbt-keycap-cherry-profile-rainbow-cap-for-mx-usb-mechanical-gaming-keyboard-5-5/2230037_32799680240.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

stop stealing our thread pic reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

>/mkg/ x /tpg/ edition

what keyboard is that

>the dark meme rises

tex yoda

80 wpm with 6 fingers, 40 wpm with 9.
what is wrong with me Sup Forums :((((((((((

disable the driver of your webcam...

And let """""them""""" turn it back on? No thanks padre

how am I gonna jerk off on omegle then? idiot

Distal muscular dystrophy.

>tfw still waiting for my Plum 84 to ship

I WANT MY CHINK TOPRE CLONES NOW

enable it when you need it, take 2 sec...

A. rip off a band aid with left hand
or
B. disable drivers with left hand
we all know the right answer

thanks dr. user

>C. you look like an autistic guy with a band aid on your thinkpad

nice memes/10

Is she a goddess?

she is a big girl :3

dank keyboard
dank knife
10/10

>mechanical keyboard thread
>OP features non-mechanical keyboard
10/10

All keyboards are mechanical.

honestly cant see how a white male would ever be able to sexually please a goddess like this

>tfw still waiting for switches to ship
>have case, pcb and keycaps
>sometimes I just put the caps on top of the case and pretend it's assembled

I've got a pretty thick cock, I think I can do it.

How do realforce age in the long run?
I want to buy a keyboard that I'll continue using in 40 years so I'll brag about it to my grandchildren the same way the grandfather I never had would brag about his Unix workstation from the mid late 80s

duuuhh

TEX Yoda 2 When? soon?

My Ducky One came in the other day, I don't know if you guys remember but it's my first mechanical keyboard. So far I really like it, it's about everything i wanted and I really like the brown keys, though they are a tiny bit on the light side. I think it's just something I'll have to get used to. And I guess I can replace them if I want, right? You can just pull the switches out and put new ones in?

I would like a palm rest though, does anyone have any recommendations as far as that goes?

>sometimes I just put the caps on top of the case and pretend it's assembled

I feel sorry for those poor bastards who joined the Hyperfuse and Penumbra group buys, they've been waiting over 2 years for their caps to ship

I just was at WASD's website and I am really considering ordering a custom keyboard there. However, I don't quite understand the configurator there - do I have to save the custom layout in order to actually get it (and register in that process) or is it carried along with the order? Because I hate registering anywhere, but I would love to have a keyboard with weird colors and shit.

>I am really considering ordering a custom keyboard there

What's wrong with that? I am not a regular in this general and I am far from being an obsessive mechanical keyboarder, so forgive me if I don't know all the brands by heart. All in all I would pay around 210 bucks (Europoor) and that doesn't seem to me all too rip-off for a keyboard that will be exactly like I want it.

The caps aren't worth it. The board itself is fine, so you can buy the barebones WASD and find some aftermarket cap set that's actually decent.

this is whats wrong with them

Ewww. Is that rubbed off coating? Are they all white underneath? Is that UV coating they use? They write it's more durable than laser etching.

face ruins it.

still waiting for this

They claimed to have improved it in the newer ones. If you do like their keyboards then get the barebones one

4u

GMK oblivion available yet?

I'm considering getting my girlfriend some cherry mx keyboard, and probably going to customize some of the keycaps for her as a gift for her birthday.

>probably $200 max
>West Australia (south of Perth)
>probably clicky
>probably ANSI
>full-size
>black frame, yellow/RGB backlighting

how reliable are ducky keyboards? found a dude on amazon selling cherry red ducky keyboard for $40 and tempted to buy it

I would say to get a shine 5, but it looks like they've all been replaced by the shine 6
search.pccasegear.com/search?asug=&view=list&w=Ducky
Maybe go for the cooler master pro l instead

I would kill for one of these.

>a dude on amazon
You already know that's a bad idea my guy.

You don't get any protection if you buy from some random dude on amazon, and there's a reason it's so cheap.

Do the right thing

Are Unicomps any good? I'm looking to get a 103 key USB one to try out buckling springs.

>That looks nice
>The expected price per base set is 135$.

What the fuck

>You don't get any protection if you buy from some random dude on amazon
you really are a dumb shit.

You are correct.
amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html?nodeId=200783670
amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html?nodeId=541260

But I thought this was a keyboard thread?

Don't ask me, I have no idea. I just want it.

Ded General
Ded Memes

What do you guys think of this? Azio keyboard w/ Kailh blues.

how's this idea for a 75% layout

>top row
same as choc mini

>right shift
1.25u

>bottom row
1.25+1.25+1.25+6.25+1.25+1.25u followed by a 0.25u gap and arrow keys

the arrow keys are offset by 0.25u like in pic related

this means you have perfect compatibility with almost all keycap sets especially with blanks (legends can be a little bit wrong like if you use menu key as right shift for example)

so no worries about 5.5u spacebars or non-standard modifiers or 1.5u esc etc

So it would look like this? It would still have a shorter right shift, but at least most keycaps sets, even those from tai-hao and gateron include it. Also it would be a 0.5u gap not .25u one.

not enough memes

i mean like this

your pic would work too

That's look like shit

well i think it would be usable irl but maybe choc mini/plum84 were right after all and we just need 5.5u or dual 2.25u spacebars

>Pause / scroll lock

My Rosewill RK 9000 repair mission has failed, and it still is not responding to my inputs.

What would you recommend for someone that wants a normal mechanical keyboard, red or blue is fine, without gaymer shit and a dumb ass font, and preferably cheap?

Is the RK900V2 alright?

Hey /mkg/ get your own fucking image.

K thx. love /tpg/

i have the insert key there irl

Also what do I do with the old keyboard? Can anything off it be sold?

I need a numpad for work, so something like this would be nice for me. GMK Carbon doesn't have orange colored nav keys, which means I'd have to live with miss matched legends as scroll lock would be replaced by delete

If you want you could spend the extra 10-20 bucks and get a Ducky One with doubleshot PBT keycaps for $99, or dye-sub PBT for $109

But you have the insert key elsewhere on that keymap.

That's just one of the preset layouts on the website. I don't think he had the autism to go and change it to exactly match his keyboard. He just wanted to make a quick point,

I spent that much on my GPU.
What I want is for my RK-9000 I got for $20 five years ago to not fuck itself up for no reason and force me to buy a keyboard, knowing I will never be able to get a sale that good ever again.
I don't want to be forced to use this dirt-crusted Dell keyboard, but I guess I will have to.

Then get some chink keyboard like a tomoko for 30 bucks

on choc mini you have insert on fn+del. i have a dedicated insert key instead of pause since i never use pause anyway

these: just have the default choc mini top row to avoid complicating things. my idea is mainly about the right shift/bottom row/arrow keys. the user would be able to put on different keycaps and reprogram the board as they like

Its actually the keycool 84 layout.
Anyway while tinkering around I decided to improve on the traditional TKL layout by making it compact, or is I like to call it CTKL. It uses standard keycaps and the layout shouldn't be that much more different then your normal TKL.

>Budget £50?
>Location (continent at least) UK
>Preferred switch type No clue.
>Layout See above
>Form factor See above
>Backlight Yes pls
>Previous/current keyboards Logitech G110 :^)

Never had a true mechanical before, looking to get one. Any pointers?

amazon.co.uk/Mechanical-Keyboard-GATERON-Magicforce-Qisan/dp/B01E6SM2XY

Should I get a magicforce 68 with outemu switches or save up for a real brand?

gateron browns would be better if you think you'll like the switch. you can upgrade the keycaps for $20-40 later on and you'll have a solid keyboard assuming you like the magicforce 68 layout.

reddit.com/r/MechanicalKeyboards/comments/4ta2br/thoughts_on_qisan_60_with_outemu_brown_switches/
>I'd recommend paying more for the Gateron Brown model, I've tried Outemu Browns and they are unpleasant.

Where can I find the gateron version? I can only find the outemu versions on ebay.

Also can you use o-rings with brown switches or does it prevent actuation?

So what's wrong with Velocifire and TOMOKO boards? Because at those prices I'm really tempted to grab one and see how it goes.

>Where can I find the gateron version?
amazon

>Also can you use o-rings with brown switches
yes

Forgot to add pic and it's an Azio MGK1-K with Kailh brown switches. Any ideas if the Kailh brown switches are legit or are they chink tier crap?

also there are other gaterons than browns to choose from but i didn't see a black magicforce with blues so i linked to browns in . whether you prefer blues or browns or other comes down to personal preference

Amazon doesn't ship the Magicforce 68 to ausfailia. Guess I will settle for the outemu switches

why not get it from aliexpress?

Does anyone own a Drevo 84 or an AK33? Looking for your opinion it. I'm looking for a cheap replacement for my Noppo choc mini, I'm not willing to budge on the layout, it is the single most important thing to me. I figure I'll buy it with browns since I have reds and blues.
I intend to replace the stock keycaps with a simple low priced set, POM if I can find it as it's my favorite.
If you can suggest another board with the same in-line fkey format I'm open to it. I don't mind paying more if the keycaps are nice enough to not need replacement. Indifferent towards backlighting.

They only seem to have kailh versions and expensive Cherry versions

plum 84 topre clones if you want something different

I really dislike topre, even more than I dislike reds but thanks for the heads up because it is a nice board.

Whats are some nice linear switches for typing?

Bwaaaaamp

they're pretty decent

If you want a keyboard like in your pic you can get it for like 140 bucks with xda keycaps. If you don't care about a metal case or programmable layers then the AK33 is a solid choice for a cheap keyboard

Looking for a new mechanical since I've been without for a while

~$100
burderland
104 preferred, I actually use the numpad often
I'm thinking browns. I want something less loud but with some feedback. Will probably add o-rings
Black with a regular design is fine, most other designed keyboards just look ugly to me. Not too concerned with the keycaps as long as they feel good. I'll rub the letters off within a few months of use anyway if they aren't etched through
Don't care about backlight or not
Used to have a filco 104 with reds and a leopold tenkeyless with blues. They died in a flood.

It's a lot easier to find a fuckload of them now than the last time I went shopping for one but I don't know most of these brands now

thanks for ruining my night user. I hope there's a massive massdrop on that shit so I can get it. Typing right now ona Tex Yoda and it's comfy as fuck.

I love my choc but it's white and everything else I own is black. I could replace it's keys but then I need a keyset that works with the non-standard shift and space bar. Space bar being white, shift being gray. The only "feature" that is important to me is being able to switch capslock and control but I can do this in software too I think. $140 is definitely more than I want to spend because I can get 3d printed custom shift and space for like $35, so I figured I may as well just spend the bit extra on a different board and that way I'll also have a spare set of caps when I replace them.

OK. Better/worse than original Model M keyboards? The lack of a Windows key is kind of a dealbreaker for me, but I could remap Caps Lock if I had to.

messed up the quote

just fyi the rainbow version of is available again now if you want keycaps which fit choc mini

aliexpress.com/store/product/double-shot-pbt-keycap-cherry-profile-rainbow-cap-for-mx-usb-mechanical-gaming-keyboard-5-5/2230037_32799680240.html

Yo!! That fits the mini? If so I love you, saved me so much hassle and money. They're really nice too.

Then why didn't you get a black choc mini?
Also you can buy OEM choc mini keycaps from china for like 40 bucks