This is still the best cpu for 1080p gaming

>this is still the best cpu for 1080p gaming
What the fuck is wrong with the industry.
You'll basically max everything with this 110 dollar cpu paired with a 580, 1060, or 1070 @ guaranteed constant 60 fps.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=4zerpuJn8Gc
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

60 fps?, what would you want 30 fps for?

Not sure if it's the best, desu familypai.

Sure, if you already have a socket AM3+ motherboard, otherwise you'd be better off buying an AM4 setup even if its a bit more expensive.

G4560 shits on it for half the price and 1/4th the power.

In terms of price/performance obviously.
Can be easily clocked to 5ghz.

Latest games use multithreading, fx 8350 will beat it there by a lot.

>more cores won

Do you have the slightest idea how concurrent programming works?

Do you have the slightest idea how to code multithreaded games?

Yes. Which is why I know it's not just clicking a switch that says 'make multithreaded'

Well, have fun with your ARMA 3 and Fallout 4 then. Clearly no games can take advantage of multithreading any more than that.

sup adoretard
you were proven wrong by hardware unboxed

>the industry
is dead. They are rewriting same old trash (ms office, kde, gnome) but make it slower. I swear, 5 more years and they gonna rewrite all the shit in JavaScript.

which mean you don't know how to do it your dumb fuck

>guaranteed constant 60 fps.
Planetside 2 disagrees

What are you talking about? Spend 5 minutes googling Dining Philosophers, etc. and get back to me.

That game's a mess.

Visual Studio Code.

I guess if you never plan on opening more than three tabs in a web browser..

What the fuck kind of poverty choice is saving like 50 dollars on a CPU that is barely functional when you have 2 tabs open in Chrome. Just get less ram. Dirty little secret, games are all coded to rarely exceed 4 gigs on memory utilization, so stepping above 4 nets almost no actual performance increase. Stepping above 8 is actually bad half the time.

I'm playing bf1 at constant 60 (v-sync on) with an oc'd 8350 @ 5ghz and a 980 ti.

single thread performance.
Not all games are optimized for 16 threads. Please understand Garbage AMDer.
Made in Japan Game is especially Galapagos.

Housefire

Nice meme kid.
Cores stay around 30 degrees and the chip is around 50 underload.
Cores are around 15 and chip is 30 idle.
In celsius.

L o l

Are you living in the north pole

What if I want to run 2 games at the same time? Get shit upon poorfag

>plays weebshit
Dropped.

Well you're not boxing accounts on an 8350 with any game more advanced than world of warcraft.

My country is geographically closer to the north pole than most, yes, but I also have a decent cooler and fan set up.

> powerhungry housefire CPU
> "best"
no thanks jeff

Everything except 2 games that's CPU-demanding utilizes all CPU cores. Total performance matters more than single thread and this has been the case for years and years.

>but I also have a decent cooler and fan set up.

Why the hell did you buy the poverty processor only to then spend that money on cooling.

So you are a retarded first year CS student who has never learned how to actually use threads.

>max anything out @ 1080p with a 1060
Deus Ex:MD begs to differ

I bought it like when it came out, user. And the cooling wasn't expensive.

>Nice meme kid
The 9590 has a 220 watt TDP, nothing about that is a meme .........

>In terms of price/performance obviously.
>Can be easily clocked to 5ghz.
But that's not i5-2500k

>CPU
>Resolution

hmmmmmmmmm

Turn a few things off and you should get 50 - 60 fps. Deus ex is optimised like shit anyway.

Can easily draw twice than the latest Broadwell-E-X model.

Try again, if you AMDfag, then do it right. Ryzen all the way!

>8 shitty "cores"
>horrendous power efficiency
The FX are only a good deal if you don't have to pay for your electricity.

Not even fucking close you degenerate retard.

>60 fps

It's fucking nothing

No, it won't. Because Bulldozer and all subsequent architectures are fucking garbage. Zen is the only architecture from AMD in a decade that has had good enough IPC to be competitive with Intel's offerings.

Why did this shitty 60fps meme win? I aim for 90-120FPS in anything these days, if i had a better monitor id definitely aim higher.

60fps is still towing the line in PC land.

I'm on FX-6300 and never get CPU bottlenecked during 1080p gaming.

I'm on FX-6300 and don't know the meaning of bottleneck while constantly having lower FPS than the others with the same GPU and RAM.

Where you green texting me?

Does it look green to you?

Were*

I have an 8350 and a GTK 960 and I video edit and compile shit.

Justed seemed to be worded in a green text fashion. I also don't really get what you mean.

Of course you don't.
Anything that points out AMD faults goes in one ear and out the other on AMDfags.

8350 is a shit CPU, understand that?

Ok, so it was an insult. Yeah you should have green texted that, as it makes no sense otherwise.

you're a shit cpu

Yeah, you're right, it isn't.

Fuck you dude I have an i5-2500k from 2010 or whenever that is still shitting on all of this shit processor market.

that's because lack of innovation from intel & amd made the vast majority of people stay on old i5s and as such game developpers were forced to develop games that weren't much cpu heavy

>v-sync on.

Are you fucking retarded?

>everything Jewtel made after Sandy Bridge is a housefire
>Ryzen is a meme
>DDR4 is expensive as FUCK
>Windows 10 uploads your shit to the NSA
>Linux is still a non-functional meme

>DDR4 is expensive as FUCK
Yes and there is no god damn reason for it except the DRAM makers jewing everyone

with 200W, no thanks

honest question, does planetside 2 run good on anybody's system?

it stutters like hell, fx are terrible for gaming

youtube.com/watch?v=4zerpuJn8Gc

no idea, hard to see on video

fuck

I'm seeing 580 knowing it's the RX 580.

But my brain still tries to process it as a GTX 580.

>You'll basically max everything with this 110 dollar cpu paired with a 580, 1060, or 1070 @ guaranteed constant 60 fps.

and than you wake up and realise you made shitty purchase looking at low frame rates and stuttery mess