What is the best messaging app and why?

What is the best messaging app and why?

wire because they use haskell for their servers

iMessage

>mfw it doesn't matter because all of your friends are scattered across different platforms and are reluctant to switch

there really needs to be a universal protocol desu

textra on a phone with wifi calling

There is and it's called xmpp you dipshit.

email because it's literally everywhere - browser, desktop, mobile, everywhere

not good enough

Is e-mail superior to platforms like Telegram or Wire that have desktop clients in addition to their mobile ones?

For some reason e-mail seems more sturdy to me, who knows if all those app companies will exist in 10 years.

Please help, I'm moving away from home and I want something that will stand the test of time to keep in touch with my friends.

BlackBerry Hub for SMS
It's not really an app, it's built into the OS. Easy access no matter what you're currently doing. Literally everyone has SMS, meanwhile using IM clients you need a metric shitload of different apps because some people prefer Kik, some prefer Facebook Messenger, others use Skype, etc.

Fucking why. When shit gets obsolete just switch you fucking autist.

I'm living a frugal lifestyle and I don't really want to switch between everything that's trendy in the current year. I'll stick to e-mail and maybe an IRC channel.

Telegram isn't going anywhere. The userbase is huge.

just use whatsapp OP.... dont you have friends at all?

Not OP but literally nobody I know uses WhatsApp. Most don't even know what it is. An IM client that nobody you talk to uses is the worst kind of IM client.

Depends on where you are. Here in Eu everyone uses WhatsApp, even my old parents.

>Is e-mail superior to platforms like Telegram or Wire that have desktop clients in addition to their mobile ones?
You're fucking stupid. Every smartphone has a default email program of some kind, everyone who uses a computer with some kind of regularity has an email address of some kind.

Yeah, it seems to be a regional thing. In the States there is no one messenger everyone uses, best to just stick with texting.

>You're fucking stupid. Every smartphone has a default email program of some kind, everyone who uses a computer with some kind of regularity has an email address of some kind.

Did anyone say that they don't? The question was whether e-mail is superior compared to apps that have both desktop and mobile clients.

BBM

samefag blackberry shill

>implying BlackBerry pays people to advertise discontinued products

bbm drains the shit out of my battery....dropped

OP here, BBM was unironically a good option for me, but it's gone now isn't it? See, my point about discontinued products has some merit.

This shouldn't even be mentioned on Sup Forums

Pure boomer trash.

No, BBM's still a thing.

doesn' matter which is better because all of them use whatsapp or telegram

Signal.. Yeah no. I actually tried Wire in the meanwhile and it's pretty lit. Thanks to whomever suggested it.

SMS = your phone's stock app
IM = Messenger, because you really should just give in already

It is perfect, tell me one thing bad about it?

>Lit
Leave now!!!

It pains me to give all my data to one company desu

sshtalk

Now this is autism

>tfw all of my friends use telegram
>even the ones who are normies

Everyone has different preferences but really, just use whatever your friends are using. And when your friends start saying 'hey we tried out this other app, you should switch too' then you fucking switch because who gives a shit what app it is and what the UI is like and what features or stickers or other bullshit it has the only reason you're using a messaging app at all is to talk to your friends. Don't form an attachment to some arbitrary piece of software, form a connection with your friends.

Telegram until it explodes due to lack of funds

>backed by CIA
>lack of funds

>Telegram until it explodes due to lack of funds
It has funds