Can we finally ban all windows user agents from posting on Sup Forums...

Can we finally ban all windows user agents from posting on Sup Forums? It's a video gaming platform and they should be redirected to Sup Forums.

Other urls found in this thread:

winehq.org/winapi_stats
youtube.com/watch?v=V1vIRvYNRus
youtube.com/watch?v=ICvKu7wK87o
youtube.com/watch?v=TbfGHrwDYy8
youtube.com/watch?v=Lxfl8LRab_I
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

because user-agents cannot be spoofed, right?

Is there a day OP won't be a faggot?

Go home, kiddo.

well it's a start. I agree though, maybe we should require them to pass some type of test to prove they use linux.

Proprietary software is for cuckolds.

>ads in file manager

If they're spoofing a user-agent they know what they're doing and can stay.

Although someone will probably make a G Unblocker X2000X for normies to download android install with one click so yeah, you do have a good point

> Hey guys, I spent all last week configuring my dotfiles, but I can't turn off a registry key in Windows

Hey remember that idea of replacing captchas with a shell where your have to install Gentoo to post?

What if Microsoft intentionally put ads in the file manager knowing it would trigger g/ and force them to post the ad over and over thus giving microsoft free advertisements?

Will linux fags recover?

Also you dont need to tweek your registry to turn it off, you just turn off onedrive in normal settings line any competent person would do.

They really gotta know their target markets here, most Aussie ISP's don't have unlimited data as a standard/staple, so who the fuck wants to upload 1TB online when you could get a HDD for 72 dollars that will store twice as much?

>If they're spoofing a user-agent they know what they're doing and can stay.
No, but if they can't spoof their user-agent they don't know what they're doing and they can't stay anyway.

t. nVidia Shield poster

But any normie can go online and learn how to spoof a useragent. It takes all of 2 minutes, and that's if it's your first time.

What tabbed, thumbnailed file manager are you using on Linux?

>being this underage
go fix your meme distro.

Is this still a thing? I have yet to see one.

nautilus and it looks better too

BAN WINDOWPOSTERS BAN PHONEPOSTERS
HIIIIROOO RRRRREEEEEEEE

>768p
>bar on top
>Mac tier interface. (Hiding the drives? Really?)

Do you have to click just to open a search box?

no it searches in the current folder by just typing
drives are in other locations but its a couple of buttons to press to have them natively in the sidebar
nautilus is neat but it requires lots of the gnome botnet to use

>isnt using small icons
>never combines with the labels hidden
>still has onedrive active
Lord, you need to go back to Sup Forums if you cant even use windows like a normal, not technologically retarded, person.

Wheres the drive list tree? That shit looks like some cripped mac garbage

Thunar?

Good lord, what's with the space between files? Do you hate seeing everything on one screen?

I agree with this

>Not using enterprise
>Not using LTSB

What's it like being a huge faggot OP? Is your autism medication expensive?

>being forced to get obscure editions of an OS to retake control

wincucks amuse me.

>being forced to get obscure editions of an OS to retake control

Says the LINUX USER

I don't have this problem.

This doesn't make sense at all. You can grab the default version of any distro, install it, and have full control. It's free to download and you don't have to search torrent sites to get a copy. Why is Windows stuck in 1999?

All Linux distros are obscure. You don't have control, either.

They should just be shown double amount of ads, since they crave for ads.

>All Linux distros are obscure.
Is that why the US government uses RHEL and why Microsoft partnered with Canonical? Lol, faggot.

>You don't have control, either.
How is that? I have access to all of the source code, it doesn't spy on me, and there are no forced updates. I have root access and I can edit any file I want as root. Where is the lack of control?

I smell a paid shill.

>Where is the lack of control?
Try to install DirectX.

Why would I want to install Micropenis shitware?

How do you know it doesn't spy on you? Did YOU do a complete audit (you didn't), or do you just wait fr other people to tell you what you want to hear?

Ah, the Linux's users standard excuse for their lack of control.

Enough people use it that I'm not worried about it. Software being open source is usually enough to dissuade people from trying to do anything malicious with it. It's harder to hide it that way. While not a foolproof way of knowing, it is certainly better than installing closed source proprietary software that is known to be spyware. Get a better argument.

How do you dudes even get these? I've been on Windows 10 since it's technical preview and haven't seen a single ad.

I don't have this issue

How is it a lack of control? A lack of support is not the same as a lack of control. You either have poor reading comprehension skills or you've offered an extremely shit strawman argument.

And enough people use windows where if it was a problem someone would have reverse engineered it enough to say so.

>And enough people use windows where if it was a problem someone would have reverse engineered it enough to say so.
I don't think you understand how hard that is. And how do you even confirm if anything at all gets patched on a proprietary operating system? That's the real problem.

>>Where is the lack of control?
>Try to install DirectX.
Is control, in your opinion, the utility of a system.
In that case you're better off on 10 as it seems to run all your vidya.

It's the same logic. 'Enough people' apparently isn't enough to let something like the bash bug go for DECADES

Windows has multiple file managers and the default in Windows looks more professional than Nautilus.

Are you retarded? Do you know how reverse engineering works? You don't just uncompile the code, dumbfuck. Compiled code takes away all of the comments and a whole bunch of other stuff that makes it nearly unreadable. The best you'd be able to do is observe how a program works, then replicate the functionality. Go back to plebbit, fag.

All software has flaws in it. This is a fact of life. At least the open source community hears about it.

>Try to install DirectX.
DX & associated win api are in the process of being reverse engineered.
dx9 is nearly complete.
dx10-11 are just beginning to come along.

Can't build gui's... blames people who would rather push a button than write a cheat code in secret terminal
>not the user's fault

It's people like you who design idiotic paths then cry when people don't use them.

When will this meme die? Ubuntu is so easy to use that a 4 year old could use it.

>We will restart your device outside of active hours
w-who will Cortana?

They just knowingly leave the full botnet on in order to take these screenshots later.

There is an attitude with linux devs, where they don't care about gui's. Because people should know how to type something in terminal. That is a true meme.

Ubuntu is easier than it used to be. It's nowhere near as easy as windows/macOS/android or whatever the os is, on the device they just bought.
>need to know how to install an os to use ubuntu
>ubuntu can't install perfect for average people
>windows can

>There is an attitude with linux devs, where they don't care about gui's. Because people should know how to type something in terminal. That is a true meme.
This is incorrect. Why are there dozens of different window managers and desktop environments then? Seems like those people have wasted their time if they're just going to use a text only interface, right?

>Ubuntu is easier than it used to be. It's nowhere near as easy as windows/macOS/android or whatever the os is, on the device they just bought.
Also incorrect.

>>need to know how to install an os to use ubuntu

>click
>do you speak english and use a united states keyboard?
>click
>would you like to install alongside windows so you can choose which operating system you'd like to use?
>how much space should ubuntu use?
>click
>click
>please enter username and password
>click
>please wait...
>welcome to ubuntu!
Holy shit that was so hard!

>>ubuntu can't install perfect for average people
Really? It installs on everything from 10 year old thinkpads to $1500 macbooks with not a single problem. Not once have I encountered a problem installing ubuntu.

>>windows can
I tried to install Windows 10 LTSB in a VM and it wouldn't format the virtual hard drive. I've never had that problem, not even with Windows 7. Windows 10 is just an exceptionally shitty operating system. There's no reason not to use Ubuntu.

kys autistic neet

any normie can use ubuntu also, takes all of 2 minutes

posted from my windows 10 pc

Windows 7 doesn't have this issue

DELET THIS

This, don't dare to criticize microsoft you jobless neet!, thanks to microsoft i'm employed and if anything else becomes popular i'll be screwed because i've invested all of my time learning how to use their software and i'm not willing to learn anything else that's why i'm making my best effort to deter as many people as possible from using any non-microsoft technology by either providing testimony that everything else fails and it's shit or by attacking their users and accusing them of being toxic, elitists and mean or unemployed when all my arguments are proved wrong. fucking cunts that want me unemployed!

>I spent all last week configuring my dotfiles
very convincing argument famalam.

The only Windows OSes I use are: DOS, 95; XP and 7, any of the modern ones are nothing more than botnet and Vista was nothing more than an unfinished 7.

Yeah not all of us live in our mom's basement. We have real jobs and need software which only runs on Windows.

Also
>What is windows 7
>What is windows 10 ltsb

>>What is windows 7
Unsupported unless you want backported botnet.

>>What is windows 10 ltsb
Pure, unfiltered shit.

Hmm, so actively supporting a piece of technology that is specifically created as a way to lock their users into an specific ecosystem where one company can do whatever they want with no possibility of disliking what they do and abandoning them because now i depend on they somehow gives me more control, that's a nice line of thinking.

>
For the record:
winehq.org/winapi_stats
youtube.com/watch?v=V1vIRvYNRus
youtube.com/watch?v=ICvKu7wK87o
youtube.com/watch?v=TbfGHrwDYy8
So the arguments that there's no DX on linux has been disproved, yet i just don't see the benefit of actively supporting a technology that need to be reverse engineered to be implemented on any other OS, i prefer open standards that promotes competition and gives chose to the user.

>Yeah not all of us live in our mom's basement.
>he needs to insult to justify this.
I feel i already won the argument even before replying.

>windows user agents get banned
>spoof user agent as Linux
>not banned anymore

>instant unannounced symmetric ip+cookie+user agent string+html5 canvas+and other identification strings ban
>if user resets all of them but forgets one ban restores
>90% of windows users cant even get around of a ip ban
>99% percent of windows users kill

>living in mom's basement
>"winning"

>expecting hiroshimoot to go through all that work just to ban users on one (1) operating system

>not knowing cp ban already works like that

Well I wouldn't that since I'm not a fucking pedophile posting CP on an anime website

>MUH MARSTERRERRACE
Getting a job is for cuckolds too eh?

Agreed, Window users need to be banned, they are either too poor for a Mac and/or too dumb for Linux/BSD.

>mfw i paid for ads

considering KB4012218 I wouldn't say it's far fetched they have people reading Sup Forums at least.

lol keep reposting this, it's not real. 99.9% of users have never seen this.

>when you're so autistic that windows file manager existing is enough to trigger you.

>Can we finally ban all windows user agents
Please no.

I've been using a Windows user agent since the first time some site refused to work on the grounds that I didn't have a Windows user-agent ten years ago.

The trick is to about:config then general.useragent.override and add whatever Mozilla version happens to be popular from time to time so you don't get too "outdated".

Exactly.

I'm fine with it. They are, in fact, using Windows when they get that message, aren't they?

Mostly Thunar but you're a decade behind if you don't know that's been a standard feature in dolphin, thunar, nautilus and every other free software filemanager since forever.

I'll just end this post with a daily reminder that Dreamcatcher is the best debut group of 2017,
youtube.com/watch?v=Lxfl8LRab_I

Paid? Who ever paid for Windows? Never in my life have I paid for Windows.

So you've never had a laptop or bought a pre-built desktop computer?

I have paid for Windows numerous times over the years as a part of the purchase price for laptops. I've built my desktop computers since I was a child so I never paid for a Windows desktop computer license but you can't just buy a laptop case and a screen and motherboard and ram and so on easily and put it together.

I'm guessing you own several Windows licenses even though you think you never paid for one.

You got it wrong OP. Windows computers are for work, Apple computers are for fun.

>banning people for using the only usable OS

muh secret club.

Grow up, OP.