Duolingo Thread

What language are you trying to learn, Sup Forums?

I wish to speak Kraut. So far I am failing horribly.

Other urls found in this thread:

russianforfree.com/lessons-russian-cases-01.php
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Mother tongue is Persian, but it's been getting worse over the years so I'm trying to improve it.

Besides that, i'll be taking French classes in the Fall. It's such a sexy language.

Maybe after that, Russian.

>Sweden

Kek'd

this is a big lie

who is learning italian and turkish? Andorra? Honk Kong? I can't see anything

nobody

Why did they add it to the map then

Touching up my Korean vocabulary with Memrise in between classes. It's alright, more convenient than flashcards, but not great. Locking offline courses behind a paywall is bullshit.

>Sweden
>learning Swedish

I am trying to learn polish. I think it going well
I wish for the polish hunnies. I also try to play Chopin

>USA
>Not french

Faggots

hungarian and romanian atm tho its quite hard

is the website like effective for someone wanted to learn it to fluency?

Chopin was the greatest composer of all time.

No meme, just truth.

No, it will get you to, at best, B1 levels. Which is pretty good actually, with the basics covered you can then just keep on improving and immersing yourself on your target language. Bottom line: it's great to get the basics done with quickly, but don't expect fluency. In fact expecting fluency from any course with no real human interaction is a bit naïve.

no, but the website is a really good introduction to whichever language you want to learn, though

thanks!

Italian

This desu. I was zooming in for small meme countries, just to find it.

I am :D

Don't mention it bb

>Sweden
The cuckening is real

Je prendre lessons de français.

Currently in school for Japanese...
No joke half my class makes me want to fucking hang myself. I have numerous friends over there and go every summer. Fuck weebs.

>UK
>USA
>not even learning French

I feel betrayed desu

>Sweden

got any stories

Spanish and german provide more oppurtunities 2bh

Even German ?

Yeah, I teach English in Spain but from what I hear there's a crazy demand for teachers in Germany too

>Io mangi zucchero

There's not that many French speakers in the US, and the only reason people are learning Spanish is because there's a fuck ton of native speakers from south of the border to make it useful.

So either start flooding the US with French speaking sluts or stop complaining.

Norsk.

I'd been dicking around for a couple years learning Spanish in fits and starts, the last couple days I got fed up and just powered through the whole tree and finished it. Almost 200 lessons later and I was done.

Also learning Russian, shit's tough using Duolingo alone so I'm trying to learn grammar elsewhere.

¿Que nivel tienes ahora? ¿Puedes entender esto con facilidad?

Only 13. I could read that without any problems, which is actually pretty surprising! Duolingo is great as a start, but it won't make you fluent and should definitely be supplemented with vocabulary and grammar resources.

Hay mate, i'm learning ruassian too
I recomend you this course to learn the cases
russianforfree.com/lessons-russian-cases-01.php

>vocabulary and grammar resources
You can find apps for that easily, too. Just saying

I'll check it out, thanks! I've been bouncing around different sites and books so far.

I'm using Memrise for vocab, for some reason I never took to Anki that well. Then again I've always relied on premade decks with that, maybe I should start making my own.

I'm currently learning Hebrew, and waiting for the duolingo course.

In the mean time I've been using Memrise, reading children's books, going over Hebrew textbooks and listening to Israeli music.

I want to do French next.

Nice. What are your motives?

I'm want to move to Israel in a year or two.

I also really liked the country when I visited two years ago.

Oh cool. What did you like about the country?

It just blew my mind being in a first world country.

cute

Israel is barely even first world desu being more comparable to Spain or Greece than Germany or USA

Trying to learn Norwegian. Duolingo seems to have a nice little niche community for it.

I started trying to learn it in January over holiday from uni. I have a penpal in Oslo, and I wanted to surprise her with a letter in norwegian for her birthday (mid June). Still only half way through the tree. Fuck.

Why is Sweden learning Swedish? WTF?

Norwegian is the easiest language there is for English speakers with the possible exception of Duch
laughably easy grammar, practically no inflection and what little is there is similar to English and similar vocabulary make it babby tier

you clearly haven't been working very hard if you're struggling after four months

if you're not memeing it's because of Syrians, Iraqis, Albanians and Yugoslavs

Well it's the only one that I can move to, because of the right of return
Because they let in too many Arabs/Somalis etc

Anyone that can translate runes? Trying to find origin on this coin

True. It's easy as hell. But so are a lot of the other languages people here are learning. I did all of my learning in January, then I took too much on last semester. So now I'm starting again. I imagine if I actually stuck to I would be near fluent.

Portugues do Brasil psh

If it makes you feel better it's still the most popular second language in schools here

looks like elder fuþark but there are a few runes there I don't recognize just by looking the "alphabet" up

:3

I'm currently learning Russian now. It's my first time learning a second language unless you count French. Duolingo seems a lot more convenient compared to actually attending a Russian class so far.

>Sweden

Supposedly learning french, but I have it in stand by because of no time with univeristy.
I want to learn german or italian after that, I think I will go with italian first since it will probably take me less time

here is the confusing side. It looks like an indian demon...

Eu quero ir para Brasil em Dezembro

Every high school in the US teaches Spanish, while French is more regional.
It's mostly down to Louisiana and I guess places close to Quebec. There's just not a lot of opportunity to use the language in the Americas.

French sounds better than Spanish if it helps, but quite like the way German sounds.

Refugees are one helluva drug.

Trying to learn German, going slowly.

Mein flugzeug ist shmutzig

at least they're trying to integrate 2bh

Mi studas Esperanton. Bonvolu lernu kun mi!

let me tell you something amigo, you should learn the hardest first, it will make the easy easiest

no they're not literally kill yourself

But it's all about not having enough time to dedicate it to a harder language right now

>Sweden

Is that a joke or a real thing?

Why is the UK learning Spanish? French, German, and Nordic languages would all be more relevant for them and all of those but German would be just as easy

you do realize that more Brits move to Spain than any other country except for possible Australia?

What? No, I didn't know that.
But why?

Learning French right now.

>But why?
Old people
Southern Spain is practically a British retirement colony with almost a million Brits

Old people retiring in a sunny country we're it's reasonably cheap to live, Spanish people have told me they don't mind the old people, don't see how they deal with it desu.

The 1 million figure is exaggerated.

Ah, thanks.
So it's basically the Florida of Europe; a sunny place where old people go to live among Spanish speakers

Yes

oh well in any case it is a fuck ton

I'm learning German currently. B1 level atm - I use Duolingo to brush up on vocab here and there.

I'm also trying to learn Finnish, but no DuoLingo for that, So I'm using Memrise.

Just started having a go learning Russian. Hopefully it won't be too hard.

Það er óvenjulegt að gamalt fólk frá Bretlandi er ekki að fara til Íslands. Veðrið, maturinn, byggingarlistin... öll geysileg :D

Should I learn Russian, German or Norwegian?

I did German and starting on Russian.
German was a lot of fun, I love the pronunciation. It feels fun to say their words
Russian pronunciation has been really hard so far, haven't gotten far into the grammar

with learning russian, what do about the cyrillic alphabet?

All of them

Frekar myndi ég vilja eyða ellinni í sólinni á Spáni en í endalausa hretinu hér.

Icelandic obviously

The alphabet is seriously the easiest part. You will be great at it within a week if you put the time into it. The part that will take years of hard work is the grammar and pronunciation, and these two things are ultimately what will probably make you give up (if you give up).

Learn it

>more than a hundred lessons a day
what the heck I can barely do 5 daily

>wants to learn japanese
>is mad at weeaboos

No user, you are the weeaboo

I'm reading Russian for dummies. It explains the alphabet well and tries to explain the pronunciations

some languages are easier than others depending on your first language
like spanish is relatively easy for an english speaker to learn compared to, say, mandarin

what's your first language uaenon?

Kannsi, en á Íslandi hafið þið bestu lífsgæðin í heimi.

Það er fásinna. Lífsgæðin eru hærri í Noregi, Danmörku, Bandaríkjunum og Sviss svo eitthvað sé nefnt. Líklega líka í Hollandi, Danmörku, Þýskalandi og Írlandi.

thank you all

an elaboration of my original question would be, do i do the questions in english letters or cyrillic or what, what with my keyboard

In Cyrillic. Use a Russian keyboard software. For Windows, you can add one in under your keyboard settings. For mobile, you can do the same though it differs depending on your keyboard software.