Literally the best phone out right now

>Literally the best phone out right now

>b-b-b-but the fingerprint sensor...is in...a spot that feels weird kinda....

Do you guys ever get tired of literally searching for the smallest thing to complain about? You actively try to find the smallest flaw of anything that is popular and good just so you feel like you're special and unique. It's disgusting really. This is how I behaved when I was a teenage. You're all adults now.

Other urls found in this thread:

androidauthority.com/samsung-galaxy-s8-red-pink-screen-problem-766058/
forum.xda-developers.com/galaxy-s8/help/red-tint-screen-t3592335/page8
twitter.com/andreif7/status/855450126537641988
twitter.com/andreif7/status/854418315908919297
androidpolice.com/2017/04/21/galaxy-s8s-red-tint-problem-will-hopefully-fixed-next-weeks-software-update/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

If you're paying $700+ for a phone that is supposed to be the best the company can come out with at the moment you'd expect that they'd invest some amount of time and money seeing what would be practical. Samsung is honestly retarded for throwing that bixby button in as well. Hopefully the note 8 isn't a mess.

>You should NOT complain about things you don't like in your $1000 product

Off yourself

Frankly I'm looking forward to upgrading from an iPhone 6 to a Galaxy S8 and I fully back the fingerprint sensor comments. Below would have made it distinct in location from the camera and equally usable regardless of which hand the phone is in. Right of the camera invites a lot of camera mistouches and greatly favors use of the phone in the right hand (pointer finger ideally located to press sensor on right hand versus ring finger when phone is in left hand). The iris scanning capability mitigates but doesn't completely make up for this.

It's clearly a design compromise where Samsung had intended to fit the fingerprint sensor under the screen but couldn't make it work in time.

I don't like the curved edges.

This is Sup Forums

on Sup Forums they complain about good technology
on /fit/ they complain about good physiques
on Sup Forums they complain about good games.

This.

Phone would look 10x better without the edge meme. Some of those iPhone mockups look decent compared to the S8.

>he unironically pays $800 for a phone

So, s8 or s8+? What are the reasons you would get one over the other?

From someone whose tried both out and has the s8+: if you're the person who would get the regular iPhone, go s8. If you would get a plus, s8+

$100 for an extra 10mm

Overpriced.

>implying

>samshit
>touchjizz
>lagdroid
>best phone right now
O I b laffin

Does the larger battery on the s8+ make a difference compared to the regular s8 though?

>cant mod the phone
>shitty battery
>updates come months after google releases them

Why though?

Not even. Fucking 900+ euros for a phone? You can buy at least two great Chinese phones for that price.

Daily reminder that:

Xperia XZ Premium > Samsung Galaxy S8 >>> shit >>> LG G6 meme

Adds about 30 minutes of extra screen on time

>Not complaining about the lag already apparent on day 1
>Knowing it will only get worse in a month
>And worse still in a few monnths
>And to unusable in a year

>chinkphones

*breaks after a few months*

I've had my OnePlus One since it was released. Battery hasn't caught fire yet.

What's the current issue with this phone exactly?

>yuropoors

Yeah, Yuropoors tend to buy phones instead of taking out a loan for a phone (Amerifats).

>Fingerprint sensor in abnormal location
You get used to it, or you use another another method of unlocking your phone
>Bixby is worthless
Don't use it. There are several apps out there that allow you to remap it to whatever you want it to do
>Screen has red tint to it
That was seen in the test models. Having yet to see a report of a production model having a red tint.

>Don't use it. There are several apps out there that allow you to remap it to whatever you want it to do
The current apps that let you remap the Bixby Button still make Bixby appear. Except it dissapears and then opens the app or function you want it to do. That's a limitation of the technology they're using to remap the button in the first place. So it becomes like this:

Press Bixby Button > Bixby appears > 1 second later Bixby dissapears and your app/function is opened instead

>That was seen in the test models. Having yet to see a report of a production model having a red tint.
There are a fuckton of people with red tint screens with retail models.

>android
>best phone

0/10 try harder

bxActions was updated and Bixby doesn't appear at all.

Call me when iOS is plug'n'play with any PC regardless of OS and has actual file management.

Then I might buy an iPhone instead of Android.

It does with the latest version. I see Bixby appearing and then dissapearing.

>Call me when iOS is plug'n'play with any PC regardless of OS and has actual file management.
Android isn't plug-and-play with Macs. You need to download special Android software to access the file system.

I believe Samsung patched so it can't be remapped.

Or the app maker might have fixed that by now.

I'm using it right now, it was updated today.

I don't have a Mac so not an issue. I do however have 2 Linux systems and 1 Windows system and Android is plug'n'play with all 3 of them.

>I don't have a Mac so not an issue.
So you don't mean "any PC", but rather "my PC".

also the curvature of the screen itself in the corners is way too much. it looks so shitty

I have several PCs so read again. What's the point of a Mac without an iPhone, and an iPhone without a Mac? Android is operable with majority of computers on the market. iPhone isn't.

>Android is operable with majority of computers on the market. iPhone isn't.
iPhone works with Windows and macOS, so that more than encompasses "majority of computers on the market".

Last I checked you can't drag and drop music files to an iPhone on Windows in the file explorer whereas you can with Android.

Do you do anything else than move the goalposts?

When did I ever move the goalposts? iOS isn't plug'n'play.

Plug and play doesn't mean "can drag and drop files"

Can you do that with your plug and play mouse, dipshit?

Neither is Android. But that doesn't matter because you moved the goal posts from being plug and play with any computer to being plug and play with your computer.

And of course, operating system supporting the phone OS was moved into "need ability to move music files with Windows Explorer".

Yes, I can drag and drop files with my mouse.

>Literally the best phone out right now

There literally is no such thing, you fucking moron, because what's best for you is absolutely not what's best for me or a few billion other people.

>stupid fucking people will be the death of us all

Semantics.

Yes, so plug'n'play. Good we both agree on that the iPhone lacks native file management with Linux and Windows and only has support for it on Mac.

>Yes, so plug'n'play.
Which Android isn't.

The fingerprint scanner is kinda awkward to use but there are other security features to unlock the phone with that are also pretty good.

>i fill my phone with pure shit and download janky shit that slows my phone down so everyone else must be having the same problems as me.

The S8 has more significant problems than the fingerprint sensor placement.
androidauthority.com/samsung-galaxy-s8-red-pink-screen-problem-766058/
>Images are starting to appear from apparent US Galaxy S8 owners with the same problem on thisXDA Developers thread, which would confirm that the issue isn’t limited to Korea handsets.
forum.xda-developers.com/galaxy-s8/help/red-tint-screen-t3592335/page8
Not to mention the price, edge glare and that those edges are harder to protect with a case.

>Plug in Galaxy S8
>Appears in file explorer on both Linux and Windows
>Can drag and drop files

Plug'n'play. Can't do that with an iPhone.

>Plug'n'play.
*on my computer

This is the best feature

I'll wait until the entire screen is a finger print sensor, thanks.

This.

It makes it hard to hold securly.

>>>Do you guys ever get tired of literally searching for the smallest thing to complain about?

On a flagship? Yeah. Nothing is perfect. If it was we wouldn't need 8 iterations.

If this was any other phone you'd probably be complaining, too

On any computer that isn't Mac. So 80% of the world.

>iPhone
>plug'n'play with only Mac

>Android
>plug'n'play with everything else

I'm quite sure they moved it there to push the iris scanner

1. Samsung skipped quality control on the SoC to meet demand.
>17% difference in idle screen on power between two S8's.
>Chip bin variations probably overshadow any measurement methodology variations.
twitter.com/andreif7/status/855450126537641988
benchmark scores are all over, sometimes even lower than the S7.
>Ars' unit is worse than S7/8890 but GsmArena's seems alright.
twitter.com/andreif7/status/854418315908919297
2. comes with outdated Android 7.0 when Android 7.1 has been out for half an year
3. red tint problem
androidpolice.com/2017/04/21/galaxy-s8s-red-tint-problem-will-hopefully-fixed-next-weeks-software-update/
4. bixby isn't ready
5. ...

I'll wait until they fix the color balance issue

/thread

Nigger, this is something that's already a complaint straight out of the box so much that Samsung had to release an update to fix the horrendous lag already.

That's bad.

That's so not even close to true, boyo.

If you don't have mtp libs installed on a Linux machine, good luck with your "plug n play"

And there iPhone is basically an iPod with phone functionality, not an external hard drive. If you want to plug it in and drag n drop, you'll have to use iTunes on Windows, and stuff like gtkpod on Linux. The functionality is there, you just have to use software other than just a file manager.

However, by the generally accepted definition of plug n play, meaning you plug it in and start using it after installation of the required software to use the hardware (drivers, control panel software, etc), iPhones certainly fit the category of plug n play. You don't need to do any advanced configuration to use the hardware. You install iTunes and plug in the iPhone.

And you don't need to install anything for Android.

People can't handle change. See iPhone.

Also its chique right now to make 18 snapchat posts, a Vice article, and 13 facebook/instagram posts on why you hate something

You're retarded and/or can't read.

Of course they're gonna bitch, they didn't pay for them. ~75% of Sup Forums is underage, like the rest of Sup Forums. They begged mommy and daddy to let them use their upgrade, they didn't spend a penny on them. Harder to appreciate things you didn't spend your own money on.

Just wait, the goalposts will move again to be only about Windows and ubuntu based Linux distros because those all ship with mtp (though I have yet to plug in a single Android phone in the last 9 years that didn't trigger a driver download the first time I plugged it in)

This.

If I'm spending $800+ on something I'm going to make damn sure it's something I won't HAVE to bitch about because I do my research before spending my hard earned money. That's probably why I'm posting this from a Galaxy S3 because fuck spending money on something new when what I have works fine

>having phones EXCLUSIVE to certain carriers
>having phones SIM LOCKED to certain carriers

Sure is fun being American, eh?

>People can't handle change

Funny how that works huh?
People buy a brand because of its features, and then the features go away they arent excited about it.

Forcing the edge screen and removing the home button is awful

This so much

If you imply iOS - can't save an mp3 file tomthe phone from the internet without an $1k+ apple computer

>"there"

>You're all adults now.

You know teenagers still exist, right? Even after some of us got older, other people are still teenagers?

Its not that bad, it was way worse on the S7 Edge because of sharper edges. now the edges arent as extreme and it actually feels way more comfortable.

I hate these shitty things and what they have done to the Internet. What a disgusting cesspool of normalfags. They ruin everything.

> :D :D ebin
fucking poor fags

only issue is cdma vs gsm you turd

android is not plug'n'play on mac is due to the same reason the iphone is not. The answer is apple.

>paying almost $1k for something you're going to use for two years

I'm honestly not a fan of the curved screen gimmick.

The very fact that you would call the phone a mess because of finger print placement tells me you haven't been laid.

lol rekt faggot

ITT: poorfags who are too poor to have a qt PA/slave wench

It's nice looking for a creaky plastic pajeet droid but since it's not made by apple it wont hold it's value. Just like any other android phone. If you just wait like a month you can find any flagship android device floating around on ebay for half the price.

Shit bait thread

It would be nice if they actually used the extra real estate for something.
like put the camera button on the edge or something.
the edge serves literally no purpose other than looking cool.

Keep circlejerking your beliefs, iToddler

I prefer wide over tall phones. It makes Sup Forums much better experience on my phone.

i never use fingerprint sensors in a phone but i wish samsung would just use googles voice recognition and assistant, its much better.

I'll die happy when I can run real Android on an updated Passport with an SD835

I like buttons. If this had a physical home button then it'd be perfect.

But it's android, fuck that pajeet pleb shit

Faggots still use mp3s hahaha

Mine is getting delivered tomorrow. I'll let you know if it has a red tinted screen. I have a 6s right now so I have no clue if the os is good since habpvent used android before.

>why did I switch
You'll laugh but it's the headphone jack. I listen to a lot of audio books and use headphones. I don't want a dongle or fucking ear pods.

>nobody posted the webm

I find it really hard to use android because of the amount of text messaging sent day to day. I use iMessage because it's convenient.

Isn't Allo getting the desktop SMS/MMS features sort of like what iMessage has soon? I'd like to switch.