What are the penalties for drunk driving in your country?

What are the penalties for drunk driving in your country?

minimum 1 year driving ban

Torito!
You basically spend the night amonst other drunk people

How the fuck should I know? I've never been caught.

they take your license & give you a fine

t. dad is alcoholic

Depends on the state but California is brutal on DUIs.

Mine too, but mine brives the cops.
He has fucked up the car at least four times.

There is two levels, basic(min 0.5 promilles) and aggravated(min 1.2 promilles)

For basic, it is either maximum 6 months of prison or a fine. Also losing your driving license at least temporary is likely.

For aggravated, it is at least 60 dayfines* and maximum of two years of prison. And losing your driving license is pretty much guaranteed.

*dayfine is calculated from the net income of the criminal, so if your income is millions you could get pretty harsh fines. One rich guy got fine of 50 000€ for speeding.

>Mine too, but mine bribes the cops
Not hard to do in Mexico desu.

Electric chair

I prefer that he would have been arrested, when he's on his drinking periods he's a fucking asshole.

Pretty much zero tolerance.

If they get your drunk they arrest you and the car. Unless you have a sober passenger, if both are drunk, straight to jail till someone sober go pick you up.

Tough luck, mine turns into a fuckin philosopher & turns on sad music while going on hour long rants about why the country is going to shit

There is no penalty lol

Based Chile

Sometimes he's unbearable, it's a fucking nightmare, like that one time he didn't stop drinking for more than a month and when he stopped he had a horrible withdrawal and he had to go to the hospital 'cus he got all anxious and couldn't stop trembling.
He was drunk again in less than a month.

1200Eur

In my section of Canada they have been cracking down:

>First Offence (a few years ago)

Loss of licence for one year, steep insurance cost (1000's and 1000's) and maybe even jail on top of that if you are really drunk but if you aren't then maybe just a fine and money.

First Offence (now):

Loss of license for 1 year, massive fine on top of your insurance exploding in cost and a criminal record right away.

Second Offence:

Jail is non negotiable, 1-2 year license loss, massive insurance cost (perhaps even loss of coverage completely) and a big fine.

You get more than 2 and you probably won't be able to drive for a decade. Its real bad now. They have checkstops around all the time.

30-50 thousands of roubles (450-800$)+1-2 years driving ban
or
15-30 days in prison+1-2 years driving ban

Yet if you smoke pot and drive in CA...absolutely nothing happens.

>30-50 thousands of roubles (450-800$)

Those Crazy Ruble threads weren't kidding when they said you're developing Weimar Germany-tier inflation.

rouble get down 2 times in 2014 after Ukraine and stopped
Now it has grown a little

150$ bribe

Isn't it just one autist who makes those and samefags them for hours?

>one autist
>make 2156 threads with 300 posts in each

Low range drink driving and first offense is 3 months suspended license i think plus fine

That or death

>tfw you live in California
The Democratic Party was a mistake

I've seen similar on this site

there are daily /his/ threads about christian theology, it's fucking brutal

>Its real bad now.
you mean real good, right?

$2 bribe

>even the car gets in trouble