/pcbg/ - PC Building General

/pcbg/ - PC Building General-- sunday
Post your component list, rate other anons', ask questions.

State the purpose of your PC, your budget, AND YOUR COUNTRY if outside the USA.
If you are asking for improvements, clarify whether you want to lower price or improve specs.
List the games or software you use most often.
Use common sense and put some effort into your queries.
GOOGLE IT FIRST

>Assemble your parts list with price comparisons by vendor and compatibility filter.
pcpartpicker.com
>General build advice including chipset compatibility, power supply advice (which is pretty outdated/shit), Windows activation information.
pastebin.com/F9diF2hA (embed)
>Semi-outdated information about how to assemble a PC, how to select components, etc.
wiki.installgentoo.com/index.php/Build_a_PC

>Pentium G4560 remains the best if your budget is only around $500.
>The Ryzen 1700 is the only R7 worth purchasing.
>i5 edges out R5 for gaming, R5 wins in apps.
>i3 are no longer worth getting with zero exceptions. The budget choice is the G4560. Otherwise get an i5/r5.
>Whoever saying locked i5s were useless were hedging on great R5 performance... oh well.
>The R5 1600 is the best all around chip for the price, it's a better choice than an R7 for gaming.
>SSDs are worth it. Expensive SSDs aren't worth it.
>RX 500 series around 10% better than 400s
>for budget builds, consider a mATX setup for case/mobo savings

There's been a huge upswing in disinformation in these threads, and in the community in general. At the end of the day, YOU are the one who loses if you take bad advice.

If you see any other build advice or part list threads, direct them here with and report.

Other urls found in this thread:

pcpartpicker.com/list/cgGj7h
youtube.com/watch?v=11NfsMykyAk
twitter.com/AnonBabble

first for way to fuck up posting the thread the first time, newfag

Currently deciding between an RX 480 8GB XFX GTR and a RX 580 8GB Sapphire Nitro+

Which should I get?

i'm trying to make a vid editing machine, is the 1800x worth it? already have a noctua nh-d15 for overclocking

>There's been a huge upswing in disinformation in these threads, and in the community in general. At the end of the day, YOU are the one who loses if you take bad advice.
Not that most of the people who use these threads would have the knowledge to figure out which is the "bad" advice.

cheaper of the two

They are the same price.

too bad, isn't it

>i5 edges out R5 for gaming,
Don't alter the OP if you don't know what you're talking about faggot.

You've changed so many things and posted wrong shit.

>There's been a huge upswing in disinformation in these threads, and in the community in general. At the end of the day, YOU are the one who loses if you take bad advice.
yeah. like this fake thread.

you're a newfag, aren't ya. do more homework

get the 580

>you're a newfag, aren't ya. do more homework
not an argument tripfag. i5s perform worse than than r5s.

kill yourself cancerous cuck

>he's mad

Repeating old question.
What I can do with this old rig of mine?.
I replaced the Drives and gave it a new PSU (Be Quiet Straight Power 10 Gold - 700w)

hi i'm some fucking random reddit retard that doesn't know shit but wants to continue to make crap threads for internet points

also be sure to petition moot (that's his name, right?) to add upvotes to this site!!

>>i5 edges out R5 for gaming
No.

I don't personally give a shit, it's just funny that the OP put a warning out there that won't be effective in any fashion while the same amount of disinformation is spread

pcpartpicker.com/list/cgGj7h
I have some questions regarding this build. First, is the 1070 good for 1440p gaming? I considering getting an RX 580 8GB, but I would like to play games at a higher resolution than 1080p. Also, assuming I get the 1070, would that power supply be sufficient? I don't trust the Estimated Wattage. Finally, is that CPU cooler good enough? I heard water cooling is a lot better for higher end GPUs. I'd say my budget limit is $1250

Not sure why this tripfag has taken to making /pcbg/ intel-shill crap but here's a proper thread without the terrible OP advice:

Not much
What you are trying to do game?
Replace CPU mobo and GPU
1080p 60+ Hz rig

AMD B350
Ryzen 1600
16gb 2600+ DDR4
RX 580

People need to stop recommending quad core chips(4C4T) for gaming. Dual core chips are not an option anymore for games.
Modern engines will make use of more threads and with DX12/Vulcan being pushed out more and more having more CPU threads is going to be a huge benefit.

Pro tip
If you have a quad core currently do not upgrade to another quad core get a 6 or 8 core chip
Ryzen 1600 6C1 @ 4.0ghz is going to be the best bang for your buck chip in future games

580 is a upper mid 1440p card broseph. 1070 is a high-end 1440p / low-end 4k card.

It's my old rig as I said.
I'm currently running pic related.

>@ 4.0ghz
Do I have to win the silicon lottery?

>pcpartpicker.com/list/cgGj7h
Drop the X and get a 1600
Same chip unless you dont plan on OCing at all
IIRC the tomahawk B350 has a bad VRM design
Go with ASSrock or someone else
I would never buy a 3tb HDD stick with 1 or 2 TB more reliable. I would get a larger SSD and smaller HDD

Stock AMD cpu cooler is actually amazing no real reason to buy a 212+

1070 is fine but you could run two 480s for the same price

Naw the 1600 chips generally will hit 4.0ghz
Its the 1800s that are a bit harder to hit it 3.95ghz is basically the same thing
Could just use the old rig as a HTPC or something similar
Sell it on craigslist to some LoL kid or something

I have an ASUS P5Q SE2, P45, Socket-775 mob in an older pc, is it still usable you think?

DAILY REMINDER:

There is absolutely no reason to buy an Intel CPU. Higher maxs are less desirable than smoother gameplay at 10 less FPS.

Already told you. It's probably still good, but forget about good graphics on it. Your PCIe slot is done for good and the x4 slot will bottleneck your system hard. Get a new mobo.

>stilll no proof of i7 stuttering except that one video where "i7 just doesn't feel right!"

do we know when amd will release the rx 560? I can't find a date online.

what?

youtube.com/watch?v=11NfsMykyAk

okay, what do you think about asus 68HM-PLUS? it is the cheapest i can find

>clearly some bug in game's engine and only in GTA5
>only occurs when above 100+ fps
>LMAO STUTTERLAKE HAHAHA
Amd fans are really desperate. I can't imagine what'll happen with all ryzen's owners in august.

Lol @ 2 480s

hmm

I don't see any i7 tests at this picture.

Yeah, go ahead and kill your CPU, too.

Can you explain to me the difference between an OC'd 7600k vs an OC'd 7700k that would change these results?

Why will it destroy my CPU? i am new to pc building and so im not sure

How about 8 threads instead of 4, retard?

>hyperthreading
You mean something that has been shown to give no noticeable improvements?

>w-we compare ryzen ti i5 b-because there's literally no difference between i5 and i7

>i am new to pc building
>doesn't know how to change a PCIe card
>doesn't bother to google it
>rips out the socket
>wants to replace a AM3 board with a FM2 one
Go to a PC store or do the research. Lessons you should have learned by now: Do research before you do something stupid, don't apply force to solve a problem, better go to a PC shop if you have zero knowledge and don't bother to google 5 minute.s

>I don't see any i7 tests at this picture.
Because the 1600 competes against the i5, not the i7, doofus.

>needing 5 mins to perform that search

Slow internet or slow reader?

G2 or G3 for a 1000w 1080sli build? Or should i get like a corsair rmx

just pulled the trigger on 1500x and a 480 how do i not burndown my house

christ you should have just had some gayming/PC store and paid them to do it if you're so impatient you can't either do the research yourself or brute force a GPU out of the slot like a monkey

(You)

>buying intel ever
Enjoy spending 200$ extra (CPU + cooler + mobo) for marginally better FPS in console tier resolutions.

forgot pic

If only AMD had priced the 1500x just a little bit cheaper it would actually become a good alternative to the 1600.

Bad thread, go to

How about this one? What do you think is better, a few more frames at 100fps+ AVG or fewer and smaller fps drops/mins?

This.

Fuck this Intel shill's fake /pbg/ thread.

>At the end of the day, YOU are the one who loses if you take bad advice
>posts thread with bad advice
you cant make this shit up

Thinking of going for watercooling. Where do i even look for this shit? Amazon? Is ekwb the standard?

What is relative performance?

... is this an actual question?

I come to /pcbg/ every day. They literally never include any 7700k benchmarks in any of their intelsucks.png

Ive never heard of this metric. Relative to what?

>coming to /pcbg/ for advice
Nigga this thread is for amd vs intel shitposting only. Go back to plebbit

Its a metric invented by amd shills. Fps is the only relevant gaming metric

Relative to the processor that is labeled 100% - the 1500x.

If the 1500x gets 50fps@1080p, the 7700k was (on average) 10.1% faster, so you can expect it to get 55fps@1080p.

If the 1500x gets 200fps@1080p, the 7700k was (on average) 10.1% faster, so you can expect it to get 220fps@1080p.

So the 7700k is better

>what is price to performance

It was a faggot yesterday who changed it, probably the same shill or another fucktard who just copied it

wrong.
you mad bro?

Are you serious? Lol

In that case it would be some $70 intel cpu

According to those benchmarks, the 7700k ($350) is 10% better at 1080p gaming, 4% better at 1440p gaming, and 0% better at 4K gaming, on average compared to the R5 1500x ($190).

Purchase accordingly.

Thanks a lot

How is TeamGroup ram for ryzen?

see

mine works fine. team vulcan ddr4-3000 running at 2933

domain controller

Is the Evo 850 250gb worth the premium?

Adding you to my filter, tripshit

Real non-shit thread:

I have to travel a lot to China, mainly because I'm an AOSP developer. I want to have a portable workstation based on the new Ryzen 1700. Considering they don't have ITX Mobos yet, I want thinking of getting a mATX one with a Streacom FC9 as a passive cooler.

Do you think the FC9 will be able to hold a stable temperature under load?

I realized that for the most of the things I do I require a decent CPU, not GPU. So I'm looking for a new build with a good CPU and a somewhat passable GPU.

I have decided to get a Ryzen 1800X. Can't decide on the GPU. so I need your advice. What GPU would you suggest for someone who mainly does
-Software Compilation
-24/7 uptime
-4K youtube streaming

And how many watts of PSU should I be looking at? And what CPU cooler?

what's the selling point for things like the intel nvme drives and the other m.2 nvme drives? like, what is that kind of speed needed for? If it doesnt help with system boot time or necessarily load times, then for what? as a scratch drive? whats the selling point?
also, why 2 pcbg? what the hell is going on?

Please help me Sup Forums

PC runs with ONLY the 24 pin hooked up, but as soon as I put in the 8 pin CPU, the PSU clicks and it doesnt turn on

>he doesn't pay poorfag CS/IT cucks to build his PC for him

Built it myself. Pulled it apart to clean. Put it back together and I start having this problem

This build ok?

Why full ATX?

WHAT THE FUCK IS THAT PICTURE?!

>i7-7700K
>Cryorig C7
>not delidding kit
Enjoy your housefire.

Thoughts on this micro ATX build?
Its not for gaming, GPU only for additional outputs

Fractal Design Mini
MSI B350M
AMD Ryzen 5 1400
R7 240
Corsair H100i AIO
650W PSU
8GB DDR4

thank you

because fuck off ok?

>budget 1400 build
>H100i AIO
Pure autism.

>RGB
This gimmick can't die soon enough.

Couldn't get hold of a G4560 on my piece of shit third world country. Bought a G4400 instead.

How much did I fug up?

>2-core
What year is it?

One is filled with angry pajeets wanting everyone to buy ryzen

Top panel in the Corsair 570X mounts to the case via the top filter

Contemporary case where a dust filter ruins top exhaust

2017 nigger, but it was a great deal and my MoBo supports Kaby Lake updates, will probably get a G4560 down the road.

You fucked up. Should have waited for Ryzen R3 or imported the G4560. G4400 is only good with a cheap Z170 board to OC it, otherwise it's trash.

>no Linux support