Is it just me or is China getting memed on way more than before...

Is it just me or is China getting memed on way more than before? Is this the price that we must pay for being so relevant and powerful? I guess being big and mighty makes you a big target as well.

Other urls found in this thread:

theguardian.com/world/2016/apr/07/china-ramps-up-panama-papers-censorship-after-leaders-relatives-named
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>we
>american flag

gb2 canada or australia chink

China always gets the rap here since day one but due to russia being under sanctions and the ME working out alike a vietnam-cancer the natural thing would be to drift the next eye-sore which is ofc China

it has more to do with what people willing to waste their emotions on than any kind of strategic relevance because that hasn't changed since the 90s, fear is the great mover

gb2 Mongolia =]

you eat little boy piss eggs

Well there's been three memes since 2014
>Chinese air pollution will kill everyone
Meanwhile it has fallen 40% since 2010.
>Chinese all eat dogs
No. That's the Yunnanese and most Chinese are trying to ban it in Yunnan.
>China's economy is collapsing
No it's growing (actually) about 6% a year which is a slowdown from 7% in 2012.
It's economy had added the most to world growth every year since 2007.
>Chinese have no manners
Chinese do. But they are far more pragamatic as a people.
It's generally the poor farmers that give Chinese a bad name.
>all Chinese hate Japan
No. Most do not. Most hate Abe though.
>Chinese hate ASEAN
No. They do not. They see them as minor nations with interesting cultures. Pew Polls shows that the feeling isn't very mutual though.
>Chinese can't access Sup Forums
They can.
>Chinese live in a dystopia and there's no freedom of speech.
No. For the most part there's freedom of speech. But political attacks on the government are censored, and massive protests are dispersed.

?

Pretty much. Russia lost its primetime after Crimea and Ukraine quieted down.
Then it was ISIS.
Now China is the new American media enemy. Hopefully there's not a new cold war over some minor islands.

America has 5 million Chinese. Swang-guk Jeoson

>For the most part there's freedom of speech
lul

it's getting better

c'mon bruv
theguardian.com/world/2016/apr/07/china-ramps-up-panama-papers-censorship-after-leaders-relatives-named

There is.

Go there. Foreigners don't even get touched over freedom of speech.

It's almost purely political protests, blogs, news stories that criticize the government.

Day to day life, and especially the government's economic policies , are criticized daily.

Just look at SMP or Baidu/Weibo. There's a lot of perfectly free discussion.

Statistically only about .05% of online articles are censored. The government is simply incapable of stopping it all.

that's interesting but not surprising

>China
>Free speech

Did you not read what I specifically said in my post?
>But political attacks on the government are censored,

You don't have to be able to always be able to criticize the government to have generally free speech in your country.
China has 95% of what America has when it comes to free speech.

Of course, the 5% that is censored is quite important.

But it's a meme that you'll be thrown in jail just for screaming "fuck Mao" ten times on the street. You'll get glares but nothing will happen.

Like it or not, but China is a lot freer than it was just 5-10 years ago.

>Is it just me or is China getting memed on way more than before?
How so?

No one said they had Free Speech.

It's also because the Panama Papers haven't been confirmed by any government as fully legitimate.

Also, the connections and allegations are sometimes absurd.

For example, Xi's sister-in-law's daughter's cousin is listed as "politically connected" in the Panama Papers.
And most of what is listed is not necessarily a crime.

There's simply more threads recently on Sup Forums because of the SCS, China's greatly exaggerated economic slowdown, and their shitty pollution.

I point out the memes here

There's a lot more than that, homie. Most of them are on Sup Forums though and I'm not going to mention any of them considering how vitriolic and offensive they are.

Despite the meme that Sup Forums = Sup Forums... There's a decent barrier between them and us.

I've seen a few posting supposedly Chinese gore threads. Funny enough some of the webms aren't even from China.

China is becoming relevant though. It has to start improving its image.
Sup Forums will shit on anything not white.

>China is becoming relevant though

China already is relevant. And not a single person in the world can deny that fact. But with relevance come the memes...

Just wait until China dares to challenge the West openly and western media launch the attack, you will be fucking overwhelmed.

>and western media launch the attack
More than they have already? They'll look even less credible.

China won't because it depends on the west

What is the South China Sea?

doesn't wipe billions of dollars of foreign debt

and who exactly is going to claim that debt?

sovereign debt never go away as long as the country survives, it outlives governments just ask germany

It outlives countries as well, Russia was paying off Soviet debt.

>Chinese can't access Sup Forums
Yeah, but they can't post without a Sup Forums pass.

t.chink who lives in America but loves the China cock