How is Intel expecting to sell a 12-core chip for $1,500, when AMD's 16-core chip will probably be $1,000 or less...

How is Intel expecting to sell a 12-core chip for $1,500, when AMD's 16-core chip will probably be $1,000 or less? Am I missing something?

Other urls found in this thread:

legitreviews.com/intel-x99-motherboard-goes-up-in-smoke-for-reasons-unknown_150008
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

because brandfags cant into price to performance
6900k is still $1050 while the 8 core ryzen chips can be had for 1/3 of that

dono the products but you're stupid. Number of cores is not the only factor to look into when buying a CPU.

>will probably be

First step to constructive discussion is to not make up "fact" to base it on

Because it's being run entirely by idiots, diversity cru clowns and marketdroids.
Sales for Intel's overpriced shit dropped off a cliff as soon as Ryzen launched.

Citation on that sales figure?

you have seen all the benchmarks that show that there's one single Intel processor right now that actually does better than AMD at something, right? The one processor is the 7700k and that one thing is gaming. What are the other factors, exactly?

>there's one single Intel processor right now that actually does better than AMD at something,

No, I haven't. Please show me

Actual professionals don't want to spend $1000 on a CPU that will just shit itself in 6 months. You get what you pay for.

DELETE THIS

Well okay, but in that example at least you can make the case that Broadwell-E/X99 is still more of a professional platform with the extra PCIe lanes, twice the memory capacity, and motherboards with integrated 10Gb ethernet etc.

That will no longer be the case with Skylake-X/X299 vs 16-core Ryzen/X399. The people who build workstations and do their research won't fall for that.

Obviously it's not that simple you pleb motherfucker. But if the final pricing is close to that and the platforms are comparable, the AMD chip will obviously be the better buy.

you don't get to call bullshit on readily available information. that's like someone saying "wow, it sure is cloudy today" and you saying "prove it." Look up, faggot.

Burden of Proof is on you. Don't resort to name calling.

intel never really drops prices. even back during the P4 vs athlon 64 days where AMD was the performance king in every aspect. intel still offered, and sold $1000 extreme edition P4's that where slower than $200 AMD offers in every single category. intel could be beaten down to ARM level of performance and still act like its the king. and people will sadly still buy it. just like the schmucks who bought $1,000 P4 extremes in droves.

There is no "burden" of proof. That phrase is meant for use in situations where a claim hasn't already been put to the test, usually in science. Here, and elsewhere on the internet, idiots use it as means to cop out and continue living in their delicate little bubble. I don't have anything to prove because it's already been proven through dozens of reviews that are freely available on the internet. It's not a burden because you can use any one of dozens of internet search engines to find those reviews in mere seconds. I flatly refuse to do it for you and if you choose not to take five minutes to learn something, I reserve the right to call you a retarded faggot. Clear?

Shill FUD? On my Mongolian fishing expedition blog? It's more likely than you think. Also, AMD isn't the one with exploding $1000 CPUs. legitreviews.com/intel-x99-motherboard-goes-up-in-smoke-for-reasons-unknown_150008

You seem to be very upset about a discussion on the internet. It's not about having the right to call someone names, it's about being a mature human being

Kys you cancerous piece of nigger shit. When you make a claim you back it up. This is standard in the academic world when you write a paper or make a claim and we like to hold the same standards on Sup Forums. This promotes proper and in depth discussion to the topic or claim at hand. This is how things have always been conducted.
>>>/leave/ and don't come back

Different user btw

Intel shills are like fucking termites in the x86 Desktop market.

He didn't make any claim other than that the 7700K beats Ryzen in gay men (which is a spurious one to be sure, but you don't seem interested in that). What exactly are you asking for proof for? Literally every other possible way in which a CPU can be used? That's unrealistic, as you well know, shitposter-san.

LOL are you seriously trying to deflect scrutiny of your ignorance by attacking my ego? get the fuck outta here, shit hawk, and don't come back until you can read good

This retarded derail is still more interesting than Intel shills vs Poojeets round #5123608

>intel sales drop to ryzen
>intel proceeds to update all products
>all non Intel NIC are half speed
>all intel ssd are half speed on none intel.

I asked that user if he's seen the benchmarks that show Intel's offerings getting beaten at every pricepoint in everything other than gaming. He said "no, link me." I am not a glorified search engine, you raging faggot.

They know if people are willing to spend that much they want to spend more and say thy got the best

I love shitposts that throw in decent amounts of science and well versed language

Damn in the market for a new hedt platform yet will wait till end of year. If and makes a decent 4 channel high pcie count high cache speed chip with reasonable prices I'm in

That's not a source on sale figures. I asked for a source.

>read good
>attacking your ego

My whole point was that you can't really make a definitive statement until the benchmarks come out for the specific CPU. AMD has had some issues with Ryzen chips as well which lowers the price a bit. Stop being such an asshole, or go to a board where that shit is tollerated.

I think you are right and Intel won't even try to compete on price/performance.

I'm in the same boat. It would be stupid to jump on X99 at this point. I will wait until the end of the year when AMD and Intel both have their cards on the table and make my decision then.

finally you say something that merits a real response instead of "dur dur dur what's a google"

We don't need benchmarks for Skylake-X; we know within a very reasonable margin of error how it's going to perform because the chip is using skylake cores. There are also leaks showing abysmal performance gains that are becoming characteristic of Intel. The only technical argument you could make that might hold water is that AMD's Infinity Fabric won't perform well enough to link four CCXs together-- well, it sure seems like it'll be fine since Naples is shipping with eight CCXs and IF is handling two with ease already. The other argument you could make is based on pricing, but because AMD is using IF to enable MCM use with Zen, the price is going to scale relatively linearly as compared to the insane markups on the chips Intel is selling. So yes, two R7 1700s bolted onto the same LGA chip could easily cost less than $1000. But this is for HEDT, so AMD will probably charge >$1000 and keep the clocks as high as possible. Even then, it will still be much better value than anything Intel can offer.

We already know that Zen shits all over Intel for anything multithreaded. What else would you POSSIBLY be doing with a chip that has 12c24t (or more) other than multithreaded workloads?

>stop being an asshole
No. Fuck you. Next time do your own research instead of crying that someone else won't do it for you.

Okay, if you want to be an asshole go for it. Not sure why you're so butthurt over a couple peices of silicon. Rethink your attitude please.