Hey Sup Forums

Hey Sup Forums

I'm hoping to deviate from the typical ...

>college student looking for laptop
>light gaming, word processing and photoshop
>have $2000 to spend

I'm looking for the best value or cheapest shitposting netbook out there whether that's new or old. My requirements are a long lasting battery life (>6hrs) and a decent screen would be a huge plus. My plan is to install Ubuntu and then use it primarily for browsing the web and watching TV shows off my external hard drive.

Think you can help me out?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=FoLzjjSBERs
youtube.com/watch?v=j26ax_NDeek
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>deviate from the typical
>MUH GAYMEN LAPTOP
Fuck off

what does "netbook" entail? does size matter? do you care about trackpad quality/glossy vs matte?

thinkpad

Buy a $100 laptop off craigslist
Spend the rest on a desktop

Best value is a refurb XPS 13 with Intel iris graphics, or step up to an XPS 15 for an NVIDIA chip.

buy a thinkpad with an extended battery and an IPS screen, put the other 1800$ in the bank

Get the new XPS 15. Comes with a gtx 1050 so it should be good for any gaymen needs.

This is now a read the fucking sticky thread.
Please remind OP to read the fucking sticky.

Netbook is just the size I'm looking for in general. Something with a screen size between 11-13 inches.

Track pad is not a deciding factor so doesn't matter.

Looking for something relatively cheap, do not have $2000 to spend

Model suggestions for max portability + battery ?

Yeah Get a MacBook Pro.

>>have $2000 to spend
workstation thinkpad

Sup Forums is retarded, OP, and you confused them.

Half the people in this thread think you have $2k and want a gaming laptop.

People, he wants a cheapass netbook.

Please remind OP to read the fucking sticky.

Read the fucking sticky.

Seriously, the reading comprehension on this board is abysmal.

I can't recommend any specific laptop, but let me offer you some advice. Whatever you decide to get, make sure Ubuntu can actually run on it.

I got a laptop last year. The open-source driver for the video card does not work properly, just gives me a black screen so I have to use it in low-graphics mode, and they deprecated the proprietary one so it's a pain in the ass to get it working with modern versions of xorg/wayland/any software. This was a year ago. The problem was never solved, even though multiple people with the same model have reported bugs.

Just check to make sure what you get is officially supported.

>shadman

Being a Ruby on Rails dev who's into light gaming, I've bought myself a new Thinkpad T460s with an Nvidia GPU. It's light and comfy. Seems to be pretty good in terms of build quality, but it'll take at least a year longer to objectively judge it.
Light gaming is light. Don't expect it to run modern games at 60 fps even on lowest settings, but you can play stuff like Warframe without problems.

The fuck is this?

read the sticky OP

The newer HP Stream with 4GB of ram is pretty good. And since you're gonna put Ubuntu on it it'll run pretty well. It's only got 32GB of storage so if you want more you'll have to get an SD card.

Is this seriously how tumbr libtards view what went down?
There's fucking video evidence showing otherwise.

It's Shad being Shad.

I forgot to say it's $200 for the 11 inch model and $220 for the 14 inch model. And with Linux it'll definitely hit the 6 hour mark for battery life.

>Lolishit + Shadshit
Reported

What are you talking about?

Shad?

youtube.com/watch?v=FoLzjjSBERs

Razer Blade 2017.

What is this suppose to be? I still don't get it.

Over demonization of iDubbbzTV. The blonde is some vlog cunt that flashes her cleavage and tells over-exaggerated stories on YouTube to bait in views and thus ad-revenue

>Shad?
He draws edgy pictures and comics and they get reposted, mostly on Sup Forums. He's been drawing a lot more loli lately, or grown people in loli form. Look up Hiloli Clitton.

sauce?

The sticky.

GR15

¿Buy a Thinkpad T420, it works for photoshop.

Sticky.

ThinkPad X220 w/ SSD
Save your money for a trip overseas

>gaymen
>college
where will you find the fucking time? it's not like high school where you can jerk off all day after school and still get straight As

oops, apparently I got so triggered that I neglected to read properly. Chinkpad x220-x260

I'm not sure - have I found underage or someone in their 60's

purchase a cheap chromebook for word prossesing and buy a high end pc for gaming.

get this sjw bullshit out of here

>not knowing that is idubbbz telling Tana Mongeau to say nigger

youtube.com/watch?v=j26ax_NDeek

>gaming
>6H battery life
Yeah, nah.

Buy either a MacBook Pro or a Surface Book

Sorry but these threads are fun

Why isn't there a fucking board for this sort of thing though

MacBook Pro is the only ultra book with decent graphics sans some 13" dGPU laptops

>hey Sup Forums please do my shopping for me