I'm compiling my kernel what is Sup Forums doing

I'm compiling my kernel what is Sup Forums doing

I've never understood the need to do that. What are the benefits?

You get to post your screencap on Sup Forums

because there is a shitton of configuration options in the kernel ?

Do you even `make -j$(nproc)`

Faster boot times.

Sounds tedious.

I bet it is. Try strip Lua of standard libraries and compile it first before trying a kernel.

colonel*

But necessary if a feature you need isn't available on your distro *cough* intel gvt. Fortunately it's as simple as copying the configuration your distro uses and making the changes you need, which is almost guaranteed to work.

Linux lacks some basic features a mission critical system needs, like for instance mitigations. Only fix is to recompile the kernel with patches.

(Or use a decent OS.)

to waste your time and then everyone else's by posting shit like this

fuck u op

(you)

Linux can be mission critical as long as it's been stable for a while. Like debian. Nasa uses debian on the iss.

working

>Nasa uses debian
well that explains why they had to stage the moon landing

Eh it's not really that involved. Most of the time it just involves selecting the option you need and then letting it compile. You can do this while using your system, usually.

packing up returns for amazon actually.

pretty nice, I got amazon prime which is free two day and also a UPS store a few blocks away for dropoffs. kinda abuse it too much maybe. maybe not

I am waiting for uni class to begin.
12 minutes to go and I am still the only one in this room. top kike

Just waking up...

>user reads the schedule wrong

no, we are three people here now.
Two weeks ago we been 10 or 15 though

where are you posting from? it's 7 AM in london

Naziland

stop copying my hardware setup

Gaining access to certain kernel-level features a bit faster than waiting around for the relevant distro maintainers to update. Can be useful if you're sitting on bleeding-edge hardware that is only supported in the latest kernel.

Commute to work.
Neet.

Weeps quietly

Do Nazi stuff.