Hello UK, I don't mean to banter, but WHY?

Hello UK, I don't mean to banter, but WHY?
I'm genuinly curious how it came about that you drive on the wrong side. Any of you have the answer?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=lAWnpmL_w4c
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

it's from a long time ago when people wanted to draw swords faster

>3 pedals
Why? Does the car switch modes for left handed and right handed people?

>country wasn't colonized by British
>still drive on the wrong side of the road
wtf I hate Japan now

-1/10 attempt

Kek

but true

Isn't it the other way around? Hence why in many left-hand drive countries the trains still ride on the left side of the track rather than the right.

Also giving way to traffic from the right makes more sense in a right-hand drive countries desu

it is the superior side to drive on

Is the accelerator pedal still on the right side, or is that also the other way around?

Yeah it's on the right. The blinkers are to the right of the steering wheel too.

Left handle is fucking retard Yanks culture. Really developed nations are right.

Accelerator is on the left, clutch in the middle, brake on the right

In automatic cars, R goes forward and D goes backwards. P activates the windscreen wipers.

I thought it was the same all over the world

>blinkers
mate
and no it depends where the car was made, yuro cars use the same steering column so its on the left

Right steering wheels nations

Britisher
Australia
New Zealand
Singapore
Japan

They are absolutely awesome nations

Thailand, Malaysia, Hong Kong too

All are based nations

At least here, trains ride on the left side because most of the rail infrastructure was both financed and planned by brits and it just stuck. That's also why we had more rails kilometers than every other south american country combined until fairly recently

The real question is, why do continentals have the steering wheel on the left. The origin comes from Napoleon, whose armies spread pretty much all over Europe. As a part of supply regulations and to increase effeciency, supply convoys were ordered to use the right side of the road. This custom spread itself naturally across the continent. Sweden, that was not a belligerent duting the wars, drove on the left side till the 70s. As the French never landed in Britain, they remained untouched by the Napoleonic order.

What a mong
Left is the natural correct answer, left comes first
Are you an Arab? Do you read from right to left? If not give it a fucking rest

So we an see all the nice countryside

Actually, if you look at statistics countries which drive on the left have much safer roads

God what a whiny twat

The difference is minimal.
It basically doesn't matter, there's no real reason for them to change it because they're an island anyway. The only reason to change it would be so they need to adjust less if they go abroad.

Kill yourself

>changing gears with your right hand
haha wow lmao

>left side drive countries
>Glorious Nippon and weeaboo countries

Fuck off out my country

all first world nations
what a surprise

>poor zealand
>first world

yo fuk yo lil jonny hit it niqqa

The perfect world would be left nations driving in the left handle... and US using the METRIC SYSTEM.

the steering wheel goes on the right lmao why do you think it's called the right

that would be terrible
but we do use the metric system, just not in daily conversation

Sometimes people are confused and turn on wipers instead before turning right or left.

My dad has a BMW and my mum has a Nissan, it can get confusing swapping between the two

This desu. My mum has a Nissan Micra and my dad has a Porsche. Pretty hilarious the first time my dad drove the Micra.

Driving in a left hand steering car was absolutely uncomfortable, probably because I was unconsciously aware of the danger of placing the left side of my body where my heart is to the opposite lane.

I knew the higher psychological tension and unease could cause bad effects to my driving.
Every country should adopt our traffic rules.

>My mum has a Nissan Micra
Found the paki

This is the reason I've heard for why Japan drives on the left, as people used walk on the left and primarily right handed.

If something crashes you hard enough that your heart is directly at risk, it doesn't matter if you drive on the left or the right, m8, it's all over either way

Superior and historic island nations must stick together.

pedals

Looks like 2 pedals and a fancy foot rest..
>gear lever marked 'R, N, D'
>mfw Americans literally cannot into transmissions

He's countering actual whiny twats.

why do you pakis only drive Nissan Micras?

>If something crashes you hard enough that your heart is directly at risk, it doesn't matter if you drive on the left or the right,

That's totally true and I know it, but still, the illogical and instinctive part of your animal brain sometimes gets in the way and affects your mood or the balance of your mind sometimes.
It's just like everyone has their prefered, more comfortable penis position (sat in either right trouser or left trouser ) even though it doesn't change anything in real life.

It's not wrong. It's right.

in short, human's are irrational.

Hitting your sword sheath to other samurai's sheath when passing by on the street meant you wanted to challenge the samurai and was considered to be the rudest thing to do back in the samurai days of Japan.

Walking on the left side let well-behaved noble samurais easily avoid getting involved in unwanted situations with cheap low class bastards.

Why don't just breed properly-handed sum-ur-eyes? With caste system can in-breed that into genotype in 3-4 generations.

Is this some strange Aussie bants or is that actually how it is over there?