Intel Coffee Lake S 6 Core Desktop Processor Leaked, Core i5 Without Hyper Threading

wccftech.com/intel-coffee-lake-desktop-6-core-4-core-cpu-leaked/

"The first processor I think most users would be interested to learn about is the Coffee Lake S 6 core part. This is Intel’s first 6 core, mainstream and consumer oriented processor. The processor carries some very interesting specifications. First of all, it’s a 6 core part that features no hyper-threading. It comes with 3.5 GHz base clock and no turbo boost speed is mentioned. My guess is that we are looking at a engineering sample and final chip will ship with higher clock speeds."

Other urls found in this thread:

guru3d.com/news-story/intel-coffee-lake-shows-up-in-sisoft-sandra-results.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Nice to gimp a CPU just to segment your products. It will have worse multithreading than a 1600x. Unless of course people just OC it :-----D 300w :----D
>WCuCkFTECH
nevermind

NOOOOOOOOOOOOO

guru3d.com/news-story/intel-coffee-lake-shows-up-in-sisoft-sandra-results.html

There's another source for the same shit.

>It comes with 3.5 GHz base clock
Lol

THANK YOU BASED INTEL

AYYMD IS FINISHED & BANKRUPT

>6c6t
>no boost
>10nm slower than 14nm
>3.5ghz
So this, this is the power of cucktel

You realize this doesn't look very impressive for Intel, right retarded shitposting shill?
All the idiots claiming Intel was going to move up to 6 cores and keep the same clockspeeds just got served a helping of "You're a retard, kthx"

Intel's cores are nothing without high clocks, and high clocks I mean over 4.5GHz

This is only the 95W part.... wait for the much higher clocked 150W one

>Hay intel can I have 4ghz?
>3.5ghz? What do you need with 3.2ghz?
>1% gains: 4 ticktocs

OH BOY A NEW SOCKET THANK YOU INTEL!

A socket change a year, keeps the goyim in fear!

>wait for the much higher clocked 150W one
1. It won't be much higher clocked at that wattage.
2. That's already housefire tier.

>yfw

It may or may not be on a new socket. That's not really confirmed yet. But if we go by past history, yeah, it's on a new fucking socket.

h-hheh heh h-heh. s-surely this will be intel's d-death blow to AMD

I have a 650 Watt powersupply please allow me to justify purchase

>please pair our Intel 6 core with an appropriate $300 mobo so it doesn't melt the socket, thanks

I hope you have liquid cooling and an expensive mobo as well.

better submerge it into mineral oil just to be sure

>3.5Ghz
Unless this overclocks to 4.5Ghz it's pointless compared to a Ryzen 6 core.

Nuclear inferno tier.

The 7700k at 4.8 pulls close to 200W alone.
The situation with the 5-5.1 ones is much more hilarious, what do you think happens when you add in 50% more cores?

>i5 still has no hyperthreading in 2020
JUST

too little, too late, already got my 8 core 16 thread ryzen cpu for 50 euros less than an i7 7700k

sorry intel!

>You must be 18 or older to post on this site

Why would it? Why should it? There's no reason for them to do that.

You're right, Intel re-creating the 6 core FX series in 2017 is a much better idea.

there is no reason for them to disable it other than marketing

>3.5GHz Kaby Lake+
...And it will still outdo a Ryzen 5 1600X for the same price. Zen is not even 85% of Kaby Lake's IPC.

>FX
>cores

More like recreating the Thuban range.

i5 with hyperthreading is called i7
Intel wouldn't kill a profitable market segment

because amd can do it and do it cheaper/better, its called competition

Agner Fog seems to disagree.

It was true, it was fucking true. They didn't have anything prepared at all and are just rushing duct-taped housefires to the markets. MY FUCKING SIDES

>lying on the internet

Too low clocks, even if the retail part is 200MHz higher in best case at those low clocks it's completely uncompetitive on top of guzzling power like a brand hooker

this isn't a i7-7700k + 50%
it's a i5-7600k + 50%
heat should not be an issue, but 6 cores naturally don't clock as high as 4 cores.

>s-stop bullying

then make the i7 have more cores

also

>profitable
not for long they wont, those things wont sell in anything but oem prebuilts just like Pentium 4

The 50% is conservative, you can't just strap on 2 extra cores on a 4 core and be done with it, you need a bigger uncore, more buses, more caches, more inter-bandwidth, all of which consume a considerable amount of power.

Still, >3.5GHz for six cores is much better than what Ryzen could do
>can't even hit 3.8GHz stable on all six cores
Ryzen 5 1600X is a fucking abortion

1600X turbos all cores to 3.7 at stock.
So does the 1800X

Both have been OCd to 4.1-4.2GHz

oh wow

>8 core as if not more power efficient as a i5
now for the oem contracts, amd has the tech but can they convince people to make a high end ryzen portable workstation

power consumption is what locked amd out of mobile and servers, now that that is solved, expect AMD to appear in a lot more laptops

>ftw raven ridge powered p series thinkpad or better yet a raven ridge powered thinkpad classic
pls make it happen amd/chinknovo

Correct, but that doesn't answer the question.

And yet more people will continue to buy Intel. Why should they change what they're doing if AMD isn't threatening their profit?

>6 core Intel using twice the power at 3.8 compared to 4 core Intel at 3.8 in Prime95

>TWICE

Lmao

>expecting massive overlocking on a new arch
phenom, nehalem, bulldozer, athlon, and pentium 4, core 2 would like to have a word with you

I'd bet on HP, actually. They are the only company left that still makes AMD-powered business laptops, so they will probably be the first.

>all these AMD poorfags trying to justify their Cuckzen purchase because they can't afford Intel hardware

>Both have been OCd to 4.1-4.2GHz
Meanwhile a i7-5820K and 5930K can overclock to 4.4GHz and over. What's the point of buying Ryzen again?

Broadwell cores are slightly less efficient than Skylake ones, but that disparity comes from the cache size on the Broadwell, Intel's L3 uses a lot of power.

Intel actually has a 140W 3.4GHz base part 4 core with 60MB L3 cache, that should tell you everything.
3.4GHz base 4 cores are 15" tier in terms of power draw

justified with a shitload of benchmarks, now crawl back into the oven shekelchaser

not burning down your house

For starters he ain't buying a shit platform, but hey, don't forget to mention that Broadlel-E can barely do 4.3GHz as well

>And yet more people will continue to buy Intel
nope, ryzen is already outselling the i3, and the extreme edition and is neck and neck with the i7 and i5, it takes a while to build customers, give ryzen a few generations and they will be outselling intel 10 - 1 in retailers just like back in the athlon days

>Ryzen
>not a housefire

>a bunch of cherrypicked paid off benchmarks

Where are these idiots still thinking Intel has no real competition even coming from?
Costs 3 times as much, will burn your house down and doesn't offer appreciable performance gains, maybe?

chaim pls

i know HP will i want lenovo to do it I WANT MY THINKPAD CLASSIC WITH RYZEN REEEEEEEEE

Great reality distortion field.

>muh 6950X

This isn't even decent shilling. I'm really disappointed here. You earn 0.0000000000000000000001 shekels for these posts.

There's no NEED to justify it when Intel hardware is overpriced, overheating and overhyped.

Ryzen is okayish in an OS that nobody uses
Wow, that sure showed me.

$0.10 have been deposited into your AMD Rewards account.

>amd
>having the money to pay shills
you know its bullshit every time you try to bring up that """"""'point""""""""

>being this mad at competition
jeez you sound turbo jewish

>5820K
Almost 2 times more expensive than 1600 not counting 2-3 times more expensive motherboards

>nothing to suspect here, go- I mean, guy. AMD would never shill

J-just wait, coffee lake can OC to 5.2GHZ 6 cores no problem

Yeah, you just have to pay a midget to pour the ln2 for you while you game.

Come with a free tub of Ln2

its unrealistic to think amd has the money to pay shills, but apparently according to you thay are some loaded richfag company that can afford that sort of marketing

>6c 6t only goyim

cucked again, shekelchaser

STOOOOOOOOOOOOP

pay ?
Amdfag would gladly do it for free

source of that image?

*with a delid and consuming more power than the eventual amd 16 core

Your fucking eyes.

See what Intel's got in store for you! (eternal damnation, basically)

>I use AMD hardware

delid this

What did you expect, really? They should have had their new arch arriving at this point, or maybe early next year at the latest. Intel management is complete retard tier.

>intel
>giving something for free

>i use intel hardware

kek

I have a 5820k at 4.7GHz that pulls around 190w.

That's 6c/12t 22nm.

As a Jewish Intel shareholder, I find that picture to be extremely offensive

fuck off, brian

Is there a reason to buy Ryzen? I mean, it just seems like shit however you look at it.

Not really, unless you are allergic to superior technology and optimization

nice try mister intel marketer

Better price/performance. Better thermals. Lower power consumption.

Is there a reason to buy Intel? Because honestly, they just can't compete.

Good goy.

So at 14nm you're expecting maybe 4.8 or 4.9? That's still not enough to make up for the higher price, housefire TDP, cooling requirements, high end mobo, etc. And if you still have to delid the fucking thing, lol.

I was under the impression - and this thread seems to confirm - that multithreaded tasks can perform better on 1c2t than 2c2t due to the shared resources? Why would intel remove it on their most popular range if so?