Things linux can't do

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=aS3ANNEnRDE
youtube.com/watch?v=-E683ELScgw&t=4s
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Show you ads

be usable

As an english major, I appreciate this subtle joke.

Manage WiFi without shitting itself

>Exceed

but it can

at least install libreoffice with gtk3 or proper gtk2 support. It looks really good with greybird desu.

This Is anime language free zone

Thank you OSX user.

fuck off

Enjoy it when you save something and the other person can't open it

Enjoy minor incompatibility bugs, and you won't even know where they are, so you won't even know if the other person is opening exactly the same document or not

Enjoy your slow shitty computer because you're having to run everything through Wine

Seriously, for both of you, it's like buying a car with a leaking fuel tank and saying "look, it still works! Sure I have to top up a bit more often, but it still works!"

Here's another thing Linux can't do

No, you're the one that needs to fuck off to actually

Don't insult me, I'm trying to help

kek

Enjoy it when older versions of Excel can't open newer Excel documents. I'll be using csv like a non retard.

You're the reason the entire industry is so fucked today. Kys.

my personal favorite

>program causes a problem
>crashes the entire operating system
Why is this allowed on Windows?

I get this every time i try to hybernate. Its annoying, even nvidia fixed the stupid bug on new linux drivers that caused white shadows after suspend and on windows i still get bluescreens.

Wine isn't slow though.

>No, you're the one that needs to fuck off to actually

Nigga, you are on Sup Forums, you know that, right ?

It's not slow. It's just a hacky broken workaround. It makes you feel like you're back on Windows again when things start to break for no reason. So in a way I guess it's the perfect Windows simulator.

what do you mean. you obviously use xfce with default (greybird) theme and borders, so i just hinted you that it will look more unified if you have LO with gtk3 support (if this is xfce 4.12). What the fuck.

Theres excel online you know
Besides libreoffice is good enough for most stuff

Productivity.

"""Productivity"""

>Productivity.
See:

Ask me how much I care.

Linux users call their version "kernel panics" and they happen whenever they try to pull their PCs from sleep, or install new GPU drivers.

So I guess those are two things Linux can't do.

Have the same amount of videogames that Windows has because devs dont usually give a shit about the GAH-NOO/Loonix vidya market. Its a cancer that needs to stop.

>paying or pirating to be spyed on

Fucking Windows shill... You pay to not learn about computers. Your comfyness will destroy you.
You're part of the problem.

>older versions of Excel can't open newer Excel documents
Stop making shit up.

Wine runs Excel up to 2013 just fine. And photoshop up to CS3 if I'm not mistaken. The thing is, you can do something way better: use a VM in coherence mode and stop acting like an autist.
youtube.com/watch?v=aS3ANNEnRDE
The same goes for macOS using Parallels:
youtube.com/watch?v=-E683ELScgw&t=4s

Why you freetards always use this meme? I'm using Windows more than 15 years and I've encountered bsod only 3 or 4 times.

I unsuspend my computer every day and have never got a kernel panic, nor have a received one from graphics drivers.

>kernel panics
>sleep
>gpu drivers
I do believe you just made all of that up. I put my computer to sleep every night and wake it up in less than 5 seconds. I also install the new version of amdgpu driver when it's available. Right now I have an uptime of almost 3 months without having to restart (it usually doesn't go this long, typically my power will flicker briefly, forcing my computer to restart). But no kernel panics here. It sounds like you just googled that and assumed it's a common problem. Nope. Not nearly as common as BSOD on Windows. I've had one kernel panic, which occurred when I was installing gentoo and dicking around with the kernel, not understanding what i was doing. But nobody seriously uses gentoo anyways.

>why do freetards bring up a valid point
Here's a better question, why is it that when a program causes a problem, it's allowed to crash the entire operating system with it? Stop defending poor design.

>sys
more like kys

ayy

The good versions of office(98,2003,2007) work on wine perfectly

So i'm not the only one. Deleted this shit though.

>2017
>using microshaft excel

Use LaTeX you fucking normie.

>use a typesetting system as a replacement for a spreadsheet and data analysis programme
are you retarded?

Excel is not word. The answer to the Excel problem is Libreoffice Calc or gnumeric.

>programme
My burger is triggered.

kys, nobody outside academia uses that autistic shit

>Troubleshoot wifi connection.
>Error: Troubleshoot could not find a solution, would you like to view online help?

>why is it that when a program causes a problem, it's allowed to crash the entire operating system with it? Stop defending poor design

lmao are you implying the same shit doesn't happen on Linux?

I haven't seen a kernel panic on a linux machine in more than a decade.

Were you expecting Windows to auto-magically fix your problem for you? The network troubleshooting procedures are there to try and fix simple issues. It is not a fix-all solution. It's much more than you'd get on Linux anyways.

If you know what you're doing, why even bother with it? This is a non issue.

enjoy your being stupid fucking faggot for the rest of your life

Don't have to be an English major to get it you fucking autist.

>microsoft office
who cares

>insert Ubuntu screenshot

>english major
> this subtle joke
What? Your career future?

>he doesnt use GPU passthrough to be '''productive''' and still preserve your personal freedoms
kys

>what is a multi-purpose system

Top kek

Be one standard OS with full binary backwards compatibility

heh

I still don't know if my usage needs were so basic or my Thinkpad's hardware had good support but I never had a kernel panic with Linux

>not R

Mac OS X does not have this problem.

Yes it is.

>change cell background color to black
>libreoffice automatically changes the text color to white but only in its own rendering
>does not actually update the color in the spreadsheet
trash

>complains about bugs
>instead of reporting it at the bug tracker he/she goes to a chinese cartoons board to shitpost.

>hal
>a """program"""

>libreoffice
>copy something
>paste in another libreoffice app.
>it crashes

the reason I stopped using it last year.

Make me a sandwich.

make: *** No rule to make target 'sandwich'. Stop.

>"closed, won't fix"
>"our implementation is better because muh oben standerds"
>"report bug to microsoft instead"

>you're hurting x because I don't care
Get fucking gassed retard

Literally any decent cad/cam

Briscad's great, fuck you

Haha me too, I'll have a Café au Lait please.

I haven't figured out a way to sort files into directories acording to the file name without using read to type it in manually. "Delims=" in a for loop can handle most file names in cmd.

Modern excel is unironically unusable. Not only does it crash all the fucking time, is slow as balls on an i7 + gpu surface pro, and has severe display issues (hiding content of cells that contain newlines past the first line), it can't even open two workbooks with the same name. Try it: you even get the most amateurish popup ever conceived, which states: "sorry, excel cannot open two workbooks with the same name at the same time".

Org-mode, funnily enough (and even though I refuse to use it given how crap the rest of emacs is), is the best by far. It is a superset of excel. So yes, linux can "do excel" anyway. Not to mention that outside your basement in bangladesh, people use google spreadsheets instead (and google spreadsheets are a heavily modified openoffice).