If Linux is so powerful then why is it only used for compiling and processing data?

If Linux is so powerful then why is it only used for compiling and processing data?

Other urls found in this thread:

androidcentral.com/android-surpasses-windows-march-worlds-most-popular-os-based-internet-usage
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>If Linux is so powerful then why is it only used for things that go faster when you use something powerful

It's not only used for that though, you mongloid.

thisand processing data needs a powerful thing, compiling too so you have a good point

>he bought a $1200 cpu
>all he does is compile linux

(。>﹏

It's also used for shitposting on 4chins.

(。>﹏

>if linux is so powerful why is it use for the most resource intense computations
wut

games are the most resource intensive, m8
let me know when Linux can play Witcher 3 LOL

Uh user, games use the kernel to process data... Every single kernel is "just used to compile and process data". Do you know what a computer is?
Also
>games are the most resource intensive
Yes, Idk why Google uses server farms for database queries when they could just buy a single 1000$ gaming rig!

>If Linux is so powerful then why is it only used for compiling and processing data?
i use it as a desktop OS

>video games
opinion discarded. I wanted to take you seriously, but whether or not an operating system is useful does not hinge on its ability to turn your computer into a glorified gaming console. Especially not when the issue has to do with the games being developed specifically for another hardware. That has nothing to do with how "powerful" Linux is. Why not just slap an Xbox game in a PS4 while you're at it and blame the PS4 for not playing the game?

>buys an expensive computer
>plays gayemz on it like a manchild
>shits on people who do real work with an operating system that doesn't spy on them
Typical Winshitter.

If you're trying to ask why more people aren't using it, let's try answering why we're still mostly reliant on internal combustion engines for transportation. It's because people don't want to go beyond what manufacturers throw at them. They're complacent drones who care more about comfort than improving their lives.

if your OS can't even play games then why bother installing it? you can do the same sh*t on windows AND play games as well

>real work
Don't forget that winfags like to pretend that they're professional graphic designers who NEED the latest version of Photoshop to make their shitty memes that you can do in MS paint. They also like to pretend they're professional music composers :^)

Here's your (You)

>If your PS4 can't play Xbox games why even buy it? Xbox can do the same shit and play Xbox games as well
Do you realize how stupid you sound?

Do you hear yourself right now?

All they do is play games. They might as well buy a console and fuck off back to Sup Forums

Sup Forums please leave

To be fair, Linux has enough native games to keep a person busy for years. You just have to pull your head out of EA/Ubisoft/Dice's ass to see them.

I'm talking about PC master race, not consoles you idiot
PC can do way more than just play games, but why would you even want a PC that couldn't play anything?

the linux kernel is a part of the most widely used operating system used in the World today, Android.

androidcentral.com/android-surpasses-windows-march-worlds-most-popular-os-based-internet-usage

now fuck off troll.

Having a point makes you sound stupid?

>PC master race
Oh my god you're being serious. Seriously,

it can play games though. Plenty.

you came to the wrong board, child.

over half of my steam library doesn't work
intothetrash.jpg

yes, having "point" that is not only incorrect, but incredibly stupid, makes you sound stupid. Who would have thought?

that's your fault you bought software that only runs on Windows. Linux is free, so is Wine/Mono. It's not our fault you're too stupid/helpless to figure it out.

It's okay OP, some people just don't understand tech. You'll be okay.

backwards logic
>d-dont buy the OS that has games, use the OS that doesn't have them and just dont' buy them!

you need to be at least 18 to use this site

>overclocked skylake i7 with 16GiB memory
>runs dwm with links browser

No. Let me put your argument in terms you understand,

>I BOUGHT A BUNCH OF XBOX GAMES BUT I CANT PLAY THEM ON PS4
>HURR DURR PS4 SUXX :DDD

no, it's more like buying a bunch of ps4 games then getting a ps4 that can't play half of them for some reason and pretending it's better

Except the PS4 that plays half of the games is more secure, costs nothing, and doesn't spy on you. It also treats you like an adult by allowing you to update when you want to, not when Sony wants to, dumbfuck.

right, but the original post was "if linux is so powerful..."

The ability to play games meant for another platform is not an issue with being "powerful." Again, let me go back to the PS4/Xbox analogy. You would be blaming the PS4 for not being able to do something that's not its responsibility to begin with.

no, this is retarded logic. PS4 games are PS4 games. It's supposed to play them. Windows games are not Linux games. Linux is not supposed to play them.

>this is what freetards actually believe
enjoy your useless OS I guess

Dude if you're seriously arguing that Windows is superior to Linux because of /video game/ support, you're a fucking child. Go back and have this argument on where it belongs

>unironically saying PC master race
cringe

????
Windows and Linux are different platforms you fucking mong

If women exist why do you want to be one and suck cocks OP?

don't bully her, plus she only likes feminine penises

>>>/leftypol/
but stop by /o/ on your way out and maybe they can explain to you why combustion engines are never going away