Today I was arguing with my friend about the MacBook...

Today I was arguing with my friend about the MacBook. I told him it was shit and a waste of money because it only had one port.

He said that the target audience doesn't need more than one port, and if I need more than one port it's not for me and thus I wouldn't be buying it, and that I had no argument.

I was so fucking angry but I couldn't counter him. Can someone help?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=7h4tepFbMso
twitter.com/AnonBabble

the target audience that doesnt need more than 1 port can satisfy their needs with a 300€ latop

10¥ have been deposited in your account, Alí

We had this thread before. Verbatim.
Fuck off.

>arguing with mactards.jpg

xD

the only think decent about macs is the OS, at least its unix with a decent DE.

still not worth the price.

trackpad and screen are also top-tier

>t. mactoddler

if people are willing to overpay for garbage hardware that's their choice. objectively, the hardware is bad in every regard save for aesthetics. if your friend denies that then he's retarded. but if some dentist wants to pay $1000 for what is essentially a non-touch-screen ipad with a physical keyboard, it's not really your place to tell him he's wasting his money

/thread

t. ex-macbook 2015 owner

He's right

He's right, plus other laptop manufacturers are headed towards the USB-C only route anyway. Apple just did it first so all the Sup Forums autists are reeeing about it

>glossy

I TRIED SO HARD

I don't get it, what's his argument?
>hey this product is retarded
>yes, but because it's retarded you won't buy it
>so it's not for you
>of course I won't fucking buy it if it's retarded
>if it weren't retarded I might
He's just stating the obvious, it makes no actual sense as an argument.

Its marketed towards professionals

Or at least they claim,

You can't think of a good reason because there is none. You're just a contrarian neckbeard who hates things that are popular and that just work.

"This piece of shit just isn't for you"

What 300 laptop has a high quality screen, no fans, good trackpad and is built as well as a MacBook?

> Chromebook Pixel

>this totally happened guys!
No, you didn't argue with anyone. Also "muh target audience" is a retarded argument, could justify a laptop with no screen and keyboard with that fallacy.

Yes, moron, high dpi requires glossy otherwise you get color shifts.

But the target audience doesn't need those.

>>>>>>/reddit/

The target audience is willing to pay a premium for higher quality goods

There are many people who never plug shit into their laptops, having only one port literally could not matter less to them.

No, it isn't. I was talking about a different laptop. If "muh target audience" is a valid argument for a lack of ports, then it's a valid argument for any other flaw.
Also premium goods usually don't come held down with glue.

>Also premium goods usually don't come held down with glue.

What's this about?

Macbook's battery is glued to the case. Check iFixit for proof.

Well considering it's a non-removable battery that will only be replaced every half decade, if not longer, that's not really much of a deal.

The 12 inch macbook is for people that want to look cool at starbucks updating their facebook or "writing".
Also the whole donglebook thing is horrendously exaggerated, I bought a 2016 mbp expecting to need dongles for everything and I barely even need one. Data transfer can be done over the internet, and I don't need a mouse because the trackpad is great.
It's made for light users that can afford it. This is like saying an expensive luxury car is shit because it can't offroad as well as a jeep.

So we went from "premium quality" to "not that big of a deal" in 2 posts. When I pay over 1k$ for a laptop, I don't want excuses based on "not that big of a deal".

It's premium quality with a glued battery. I'm not giving you any excuses, I'm telling you how it is.

>premium quality with a glued battery
You're aware of what an oxymoron is, right?

What are the other options?

I am, not that that's relevant to our conversation.

Acer Swift 7. Double the ports, cheaper, lighter, keyboard isn't a glorified touchscreen.

Sure.

No I mean instead of glue

The company I work for offered me an XPS 15 or the 2016 MBP. Chose the MBP. You're right - the dongle situation isn't particularly bad for light usage. The main problem is the fucking keyboard. Ended up swapping with a co-worker because of it.

Is this a joke? Are you seriously not aware of what every laptop in existence that isn't Apple shit uses to hold down a battery? Here's a hint: it's better in every way.

What problems was the glue causing?

It's triggering his violent autism

It causes imposibility or hardness on replacing it by the end-user, same as ram, ssd, etc and you're fucked to pay apple to replace it for most than double of a standar battery.

It's a worse way to hold down components in terms of strength, it's very hard to remove, it's not re-usable. It's objectively worse in every single way.

Not an argument.

I think the only arguement is that the actual market audience, not just the target, does use more than one port, and the fact that usbc docks and dongles from apple are so popular kind of proves that
your friend is right, though
think about it like this, if you really truly only did use one port at a time, it wouldn't be a shitty computer at all.
long story short its not for you and you won't be buying it. no reason to argue with your friend

Hard to remove and not reusable are both goals since apple don't want you self repairing.

I don't think the glue has caused any problems and you're chasing a boogeyman.

2 is the minimum acceptable, even for casual users. 1 port is just spite.

Its an issue if I want repair it myself.
>449.99$ for a new battery

>goals
But it's worse for me, why would I give a shit about Apple?
Of course any flaws in an Apple toy get toned down, but any advantages become crucial.
>glue doesn't matter
>but trackpad quality is essential

why its good

>build quality of metal unibody
>great quality control and support
>hands down the best touchpad
>good screen, excelent brightness and contrast
>unix based OS so much less exposed to malware
>OS also does not shit its pants when scaling on high res panel

supposed cons
>price
lol poorfag while every teenage girl has one
>number of ports
its a notebook, you are suppose to use it on the go
if you are at your desk, you plug in single usb hub
it starts charging, your printer, mouse, keyboard, external hdd,... all got connected with that single plug because they stay connected to the usb hub, kinda like docking station

This

>you shouldn't use it like this
Having less ports is objectively worse, and none of your damage control will change that. I don't give a shit what Apple decided I'm "supposed to do" with a computer.
Also you forgot to mention the keyboard, but of course the trackpad gets mentioned.

So what's your excuse for soldering the RAM?

>company makes a product for a specific market
>i dont give a shit what they want me to do with it
If only they made another laptop with more ports, or perhaps you could buy from a different company!
Why the fuck are you complaining about a laptop that is obviously not made for your needs?

I love the screen.

>ports
Problem solved.

The entire motherboard is almost physically the same size as a RAM unit.

This pasta is so stale it literally gave me nostalgia
Jesus christ

maybe start with a better argument than, it only has one port

Again, that argument can be used for anything. A company that sells a laptop with no keyboard or screen could justify it's meant for people who don't want that, but it's still objectively a bad laptop.

Just so you stop evading the point: Acer makes a smaller and cheaper laptop with double the ports, the Swift 7. It's objectively better, even for this supposed target audience who wants a shit laptop.

>objectively

I don't think you know what this word means.

The one port thing is mind-blowingly retarded. The fucking controller is already there, for what possible reason could there exist not to just route a second port out?

>using peripherals
>2017 anno domini

Please provide a counter-point.

You can't make arguments with wrong definitions

Then use it properly?

Mac is a mistake from the start, and still a mistake now
youtube.com/watch?v=7h4tepFbMso

Go ahead

>today I was arguing with my friend about the dragon dido. I told him it was shit and a waste of money because it was too big for my asshole.

>He said that the target audience doesn't have such small anuses like I do, and if I need to put something in my asshole, I should buy something smaller thus I wouldn't be buying it, and that I had no argument.

>I was so fucking angry but I couldn't counter him. Can someone help?

Their biggest mistake was firing Steve Jobs. Who knows where the tech industry would be if it weren't for the 11 years of his departure that almost made Apple bankrupt.

Macfags defend the idea that the lack of a feature is in fact a feature.
Can't really argue with that kind of fucked up logic.

Reminds me of Trump voters

user I already wrote my point. You accused me of using an improper definition. Either prove it or provide some other counter-point, but just stop evading.

if they didn't fire steve jobs apple would bankrupt by early 90s

It's because you know he's right. Most people don't care about specs. Fuck, some of the smarter people here don't give a flying fuck about MUH SPECS on a fucking laptop of all things. Just look at all the people buying used business laptops with 4 year old Core i5s in them.

I'll never understand people who think everything there is to a computer are specs and benchmarks, as if screen quality, OS functionality, and aesthetics don't matter at all. Probably a form of autism.

Based

think about how often a normal person uses a usb device with their laptop
all their storage is in "the cloud"
if they actually need a keyboard or mouse they use a bluetooth one
I can't think of anything else a normal person would need on their thin and light laptop

with less ports, and those ports becoming more inconvenient to use, it would seem logical to either have a macbook as your main computer, and/or try to incorporate a wireless file transfer.

that being the case, it's odd that apple is also abandoning their airport systems. they've closed down their engineering/design department dedicated to their airport extreme, express, and time capsule.

what to do? go to the cloud, I guess.

You saw this on r/classic4chan today didn't you, Redditor?

Please go back.

Thanks.

What about keyboard? That doesn't matter? Let me guess, things where the macbook sucks at don't exist.

The kinds of people who would buy a $1300 Macbook over a $1300 Macbook Pro with superior everything probably doesn't know how to touch type in the first place.
The Macbook is a piece of shit, but OP's friend is completely right. Apple designed this for normalfaggots.

OP's friend doesn't exist, we have threads like this all the time. It's always the same made-up stories:
>I have this argument with my friend where I said [flaw] and he said [flaw doesn't matter]. I have no counter-point, help me
>[person] uses a macbook, why does Sup Forums say they're bad? I don't understand
It's literal shilling.

only valid answer to OP

>Or at least they claimed
fixed

>taking OP's premise seriously
You're new here aren't you?

>build quality
>it literally bends if someone drops it by accident
>best touchpad
conceded. not the best but better than competition
>unix based OS so much less exposed to malware
>what is crapware bundled with installers

If your stupid enough to get a virus on your computer than you shouldn't be using technology

>N-NO
>IT ISNT
>I KNOW BECAUSE APPLE IS A FAILING COMPANY! N-NOBODY CARES FOR HIGH QUALITY GOODS! APPLE I-IS LE FINISHED

>if I fake stuttering, I won't have to present a counter-point
Not an argument.

A better argument against it would have been that these ultra-ultrabooks sacrifice too much, for a minute difference in portability, and leave it at that. The single port is the least of that laptop's problems.

Get over yourself. If he wants to buy one, let him. There's no need for you to get upset over it. He can take your advice, or he can leave it. You're not the one buying it. It's not as if you're arguing with your mommy over which laptop you're getting for you're 12th birthday.

Mine has 4 ports, what are you dipshits talking about

when you spend that much money on a laptop, $30-60 here and there for an adapter isn't a big deal

>calling someone else a moron after you spout incorrect misinformed bullshit

Yeah I guess Dell needs to stop selling their color accurate matte 4K displays then. Fucking idiot.

Ok show me a matte display with more than 300 ppi.

You fell for Sup Forums memes
Should've let him get his decent laptop for his normalry

Nothing wrong with it

What's wrong with soldered RAM in this current day? The way computers are now, a RAM upgrade in 5 years time won't improve performance. Neither will anything faster than a standard SSD. 32 and even 16 GB of RAM will be fine for the operating life of the machine. RAM upgrades in general, if you're buying the machine new are dumb, buy what you need at the beginning. What's the point of changing the design and construction of a product for a future 1 time upgrade? It's a dumb thing to do.

He's absolutely right. The target audience is retards that will use the port for charging only because it's a facebook machine.

But I think that "Facebook machine is not supposed to cost $1300" is a valid argument then.