If Linux is so good, why do people in poor countries rather pirate Windows than use free Linux?

If Linux is so good, why do people in poor countries rather pirate Windows than use free Linux?

Other urls found in this thread:

git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/torvalds/linux.git/log/
instagram.com/jhulia_pimentel/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Poor people's time is worthless, so they spend it on video games that require Windows.

Poor people doesn't get education, they're usually technologically ignorant adults or stupid kids.

Because poor people are fucking retarded

That's a nice donk

because they're low-IQ shitskins

>Poor people doesn't get education, they're usually technologically ignorant adults or stupid kids.
>Because poor people are fucking retarded
>because they're low-IQ shitskins

but smart enough to pirate windows?

poor people are retards, no exception.

Define ''poor countries'' and provide me with, at least, 4 examples of it.

You think it's okay to print Gandhi's face on flops for Amazon and now this. Time to make a non-Obama approved clock.

Their average lifespan is shorter, so they prefer to use an OS that just works

>tfw to inteligent to buy windows

That's difficult? It's harder to make boot media out of a flash drive than it is to find a Windows activation crack. They're both fucking easy but still.

kek

Linux is so shit not even third worlders want it lmao

>implying only smart people can pirate software.

There are legit retarded people that are capable of pirating windows. True story.

Everyone has a brain. No matter the color or ethnic background.

Because they'd rather have free beer than free speech.

They become pajeets who shits out code for dirt cheap anyway so why would they have a quality standart for an OS? LMAO

People who habitually pirate software are the absolute dumbest people on this board behind phoneposters; see /ptg/.

Check the names

git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/torvalds/linux.git/log/

Same reason niggros go into hawk to have iPhones, they think $$$$=everything. Surely, a free product can't be any good, right? I mean, look at all of the free applications you can get for Windows...

The thing is you don't even have to crack it or anything, you can just install whatever copy of Windows and use it normally, save for a little box on the corner of the screen asking you to "activate".

i was born and live in a poor country
i've pirated windows
i am using gnu plus linux

whats the full name of that picture?

>save for a little box on the corner of the screen asking you to "activate".
If you're lucky, like I was, an update will break that. I'm on 10 Pro, and the Creators update came along and I can now change my themes and the watermark went away. It's the first time I've actually been pleased with Windows 10.

she is from brasil

If Linux is so bad then why do rich, educated engineers prefer to use Linux instead of expensive OS like Windows and macOS?

To pirate is when one takes licensed disc, cracks it, makes many copies of it and sells. To pirate means to risk and to take any efforts. People now just copy ready packs of software through Internet and push Install.exe, no more. Water and electricity always find easier way.

Voluntary Windows users trigger me REEEEEEEEEE

Windows is a more lucrative family of OS's as far as tech support scamming goes, so you need the proper tools to do it.

they use whatever work requires

Or students with no job, no money and livin in a contry were the habitual is to pirate software.

It's called "I'm too dumb to figure out tooltips"

Because poor people are stupid and make dumb decisions

would tap

Poor education
Corruption in their government
Easily cucked, hence poor

t. a retard

It sure is.

Bingo

Nigga do you even third world country?

Most people here are dumb af, there are a few that know some stuff but some of they are only smart to enough to download a torrent and install windows.

So it's easy to make bank on tech support, the other day I "repaired" a laptop just by changing a wifi a password

Doesn't mean that they use it, regardless of skin color really. Everybody knows that the world is full of stupid people.

oh hey is one of those daily "look at this not disgusting brown girl" with couple with an inane tech question threads

the arrogance of you dimwits to think no one is noticing your """subtle""" conditioning is honestly sickening

>>>reddit
>>>leftypol
>>>bunker

and please tell whatever discord group you're coordinating your wannabe KGB style subversion in to kill themselves

>poor people doesn't get education

Are you poor or brazillian

Is she pure?

wtf i love syrian refugees now

>she

If they made good decisions they wouldn't be poor, would they?

because poor people got shit to do when they use a computer and they dont have time to mess with stupid ass linux.

A boy has no business having an ass like that.

instagram.com/jhulia_pimentel/ for those wanting sauce

Is she really a trap?? I don't believe it. Source please

Because they're uneducated. /thread

Digital colonialism

>poor
Everyone but companies and retarded buyfags run pirated windows

If you wanna use Linux you often go thru softeare like Windows the basics of computing. If you feel strong enough and are raged by bad things in Windows, then often you willfull choose Linux. That was my story.

Most of them don't pirate it themselves. You have no idea of how many times my brother and I had to install pirated windows for others.

Linux was shit for playing SA:MP or Warcraft 3 and that's after affordable DSL spread. Before that nobody even knew what that shit was. It still is regarded as shit because people know a fucking 20 yo fag made the kernel for the keks, not a respected company.
btw, people from poor countries who have been pirating XP yesterday are taking your jobs today. You happy faggot? ;)

I don't even know why I use I Linux. Sup Forums said to use it, and I thought I liked it, but now I'm just too lazy to switch back. I like using gcc and g++, though.

You managed to get that post in between restarts and updates. Impressive.

I am pretty sure that they just go to an independent IT shop.

>want everything to be open source
>get butthurt when someone pirates non-free software

what the fuck is wrong you people

All software should be free. I don't give a fuck how devs are paid.

>If Linux is so good, why do people in poor countries rather pirate Windows than use free Linux?

Because they have never gotten to use it or haven't even heard of it, just like most normies in first world countries.

>but smart enough to pirate windows?

In 3rd world shitholes there are usually people who sell pirated software and movies on every fucking street corner. In South America for example you get a pre-activated copy of Windows, Office, Photoshop etc. for about $2 fucking everywhere.

Just reverse search it you retards.

Thank

You can buy Computers preinstalled with pirated Windows. And any local tech shop or IT guy will install it for you.

So why is windows so dominant in rich countries too?

You get what you pay for, even when stealing you get what you would have paid for.

Also whilst GNU/Linux is free as in beer and free is in free-speech it is not free as in free-time.

>be a 5/10 girl
>become instagram slut
>live happily ever after without doing any work

why is this allowed?

You think it requires being smart to pirate? You must be dumb

>Happily ever after

Yea bullshit. People that get things handed to them end up being consumed by vanity and are unhappy people because their appetite for it will always grow and will never be satisfied.

This. Did you know that the total cost of ownership (TCO) for Linux is over TEN TIMES as high as a comparable Microsoft system? Or that Linux software infringes on now fewer than 235 Microsoft patents?

Ask for genuine Microsoft software today.

Thank You, Microsoft Sales Assistant Manager.
Now please leave my office I have I real meting with the folks at Red Hat.

I think only people who don't have a career in tech ask these sort of stupid redundant questions about Linux and act like Linux is some niche hobby OS.

Linux is everywhere if you work in the bay, it's the core infrastructure for like 65% of companies and for the other 35% it features prominently in their stack somewhere.

they don't pirate it, they buy the shittiest low tier crap that ships with windows.
home licenses for windows is an insignificant part of the money microsoft makes, they are trying to make it more profitable now by including advertising and a store for applications.
besides that pirating windows is very easy, perhaps possibly bypassing the activation in a good way, but remember that these are the same users that install a dozen different "pc cleaner" and other nagware, so they think thats just how it's supposed to be, and they only read the buttons in dialog boxes

>instagram slut
>live happily ever after
If you thing life ends mid 20s I'll grant your point. Otherwise pick one

Because its literally easier to pirate Windows than actually register Windows.

these sluts earn millions of dollar from advertising companies and high end brands to shill their products. They are set for life if they do it properly.

This is like saying that anyone who plays soccer or football is set for life for being in a big team. Not everyone is Beckham, Brady or the Kardashians. Very few will earn big bucks, most will do meh and will have to find a real job or become a gold digger at some point

>5/10
I'm a huge animefaggot who hates 3D and she's at least 8/10, don't be like that

Agree with the rest though

I'd say a 7

She's cute, but I find that redness in her cheeks off-putting. Still would fuck her tho

makeups automatically deduct 3 points from a bitch

Yeah, I don't want her to by my gf or the mother of my children. I just want to fuck her.

I agree, but you gotta take butt, tits, eyes and other stuff into consideration.

Plus, it's not like she wears gigantic earrings, has long neon green fingernails or anything like that. I've seen worse makeup in my life. She's got a no-makeup makeup pic in her profile and she still looks cute.

7 is 2 points over the average of 5.

Poor people don't have money so they might as well use a pirated installation with keyloggers and spyware since there's nothing to steal from them.
And NSA or whatever ever other burger alphabet agency does not care to use the backdoors on them,so they are immune from the American surveillance.

They may as well use Windows since it works better.

Because they desperately want to be 1st world normies.

hmm.. you are right my dude. I stand corrected.

So the normies working desk jobs don't freak out. I worked at an eyeglass shop that had Linux thin clients. The desktop was altered to act as much like Windows XP as possible.

Because it works
>I use loonix, therefore I'm smart and productive is just a meme

Oh, I thought it was because most usable/productivity software is available for Windows
>SAP has integration problems with Open/LibreOffice

Idk man but that's not true - my country is considered a second world country because it's fresh ex-communist that had a very weak economy and took lots of time to start fixing it up and just these days it's approaching a normal state.

But ever since I was a little child people used linux, every computer geek, hacker, programmer I knew as a kid used linux a lot and nowadays I go to computer shops and see laptops and desktops sold with ubuntu.. it's amazing.

t. Romanian.

I still remember my cousin telling me install Gentoo every time, before I even knew about Sup Forums and the meme.. it was actually a fact lol.

>5/10
pic related, is you

Because most people, even the poor are normies and Windows is the only only OS normies know about

windows keeps getting worse while linux is just getting better and better

it won't be long

Because windows is actually useful

Pirated games don't work on linux

poor people make poor choices