Fuck bixby

Fuck bixby

Other urls found in this thread:

forum.xda-developers.com/galaxy-s8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Fuck any and all samshit software

Yayy! Another app for weather, calender and news.

you mean another app for data mining and advertisement targeting

Is there a reason why Samsung refuses to use stock Android? Their UIs and apps are complete garbage

You know you could have just remapped that button to another function instead of mutilating the device.

Of course I did!

They want there own special snowflake ecosystem and they think they can get away with it because marketshare

Samsung has finally come to the point where being on Android is actually a hindrance to them. Despite this, they will rather swallow google jizz for a few more years before even considering doing their own OS again, since Tizen was such a steaming pile of crap it lagged on their reference hw during presentation.

you can't, samsung disabled remapping with recent update

>just remapped that button
>implying

I sincerely hope that there is no significant use of Samsung apps as that would just vindicate them for them to move there own shit OS

You don't have to use Samsung's software forever.

forum.xda-developers.com/galaxy-s8

It's a case you retard. You just pop the button out

ah, the windows phone approach.

It's just google now but Samsung. And nobody uses google now.

Are your fingers that fat that you would accidentally press it instead of the volume?

It will only be about 2 years until a workable non-touchwiz ROM will ever come out by that time your battery would have crapped out

I had an HD7 (one on far right) it was a decent phone for all of your basic stuff just >no apps

can't remap it, bruh

it's scientifically positioned so that you will hit it whether you want to or not

It is also the most based of targeted marketing... direct placement of software so microshaft et. all pay sammy directly

I think there is, and they probably have a crapton of users back in Korea and other asian countries. As long as their own app offerings are up to par, and let you use your google credentials for example, they can pretty much get away with it.
I have no idea why they seem to be playing nice with Google right now, but I can guaran-fucking-tee that they're planning on ditching them and running their own shit-show.
Just think about it:
arguably the biggest Android smartphone manufacturer out there (Chinese ROMs don't count as they're separate from Google Play Services to begin with).
They have immense brand loyalty and a plethora of other products that most other companies can't even come close to so they can pretty much turn that into an "ecosystem" (with the runner up being LG. Sony had similar and Xiaomi is getting there).
They can fab their own chips and hardware. Heck, Qualcomm actually borrowed their tech to make the Snapdragon 835 a reality.
Google already bitched about their monopoly previously.
They are the ones who made the security contributions so that droid would be accepted in srsbsnss circles (KNOX).

The only thing keeping them back is that Google has a way more robust app ecosystem, so they would either have to eke out a share of that somehow, or emulate it at least in the first phase of the breakaway.
It's all there, they're just waiting to re-grow their balls and go at it again.

If Samsung gets rid of the Google Play Store and replaces it with their own like Amazon did, Android is pretty much toast.

Unlike Amazon, Samsung actually does have the majority marketshare of Android phones and tablets, and some developers could choose to just distribute only on Samsung's store, splitting the OS's ecosystem to a level of damage unprecedented.

to be fair android is already fragmented to the nth degree

But the Play Store is practically the most crucial thing keeping the Android ecosystem and community together. Take away the Play Store where Android users have access to the same apps and purchases regardless of what Android device they migrate to, and it's over.

I'm sorry, but your analysis is deeply flawed, here's how:

>why they seem to be playing nice with Google right now
because Google is investing in Android development, otherwise Samsung would have to invest in their own alternative. It's cheaper, but they have less control, that much is clear. However..
>they're planning on ditching them and running their own shit-show.
nooope, this is what you get very much wrong. They just had a major setback with Tizen, which they have been developing for years. Samsung services have existed for years. If the plan was to break away, they could have done so already.
They use their own services as a bargaining chip with Google. "Give us control and influence in Android development or else we'll leave".
>They have immense brand loyalty
Brand loyalty doesn't mean anything in the smartphone market. It didn't save Nokia, it didn't save Microsoft, it didn't save Blackberry, it didn't save Motorola..
You forget to mention that they gained a lot of marketshare since they've been selling smartphones with Android. Why would they risk alienating the Android fans among their users?
>They are the ones who made the security contributions
which is another indication that they will be staying with Android for a while. Wasted investment, if not.
>The only thing keeping them back is that Google has a way more robust app ecosystem
In my experience 90% of apps in ALL appstores (even Apple's) are useless crap. The remaining 10% are crucial though, and noone has been able to emulate the success of Appstore and Playstore so far. I don't think "Samsung Apps" is a good enough offer.
>developers could choose to just distribute only on Samsung's store
because if developers like one thing, it's reducing their potential customer base..

This, Amazon taking away the Play Store is what made the Kindle Fire and the Fire Phone go from a potentially decent device to utter rubbish.

Many apps are unavailable, others are available but haven't been updated in years, and the worst one is that there are apps the Amazon App Store DOES have, but for whatever nonsensical reason they actually restricted those apps to non-Fire OS devices (only non-Amazon devices can download them from the Amazon App Store) -- the Opera browser being one of them. The place is filled with ad-filled impostor apps and junkware with no redeeming qualities.

I tried out my mom's Kindle Fire HD and it convinced me to stay away from buying one.

If Samsung and other manufacturers were to do this this too, it would probably convince me to leave Android altogether and move to iOS.

I fucking hate how play store cucks you into with the "Your device is not compatibile with this app", like go fuck yourself, if I want to download and install it, I'll do it at my own risk, don't force me to download the apk from some shady website.

Because then they'll lose all the speciliality that defines android ecosystem, it's what made a samsung different from a sony. It took literal years for googleshit to catch up with multiwindows.

Same reason why all 1366x768 winderps craptop look and function the same despite being made by a dozen manufacturers

>check play store
>finds app
>your device is not compatible with this app
>finds the apk somewhere on internet
>it works with no problems

just why

On Samsung's defense (yes, i'm defending those idiots):
They implemented a lot of stuff before Google. I have a phone with Android 6 and i have multi-window already, compared to stock Android, where it's not a thing till Nougat.
Also Samsung has this "game mode" where you can record the screen with in-game audio (rather than just recording from the mic) and deactivate the recent app and back buttons. And there's also the whole theme app where you can apply themes to the whole OS (kinda helpful because i can just install a dark theme and i'll save some battery because super amoled).

Literally my only complain with Samsung and their phones is the fact the OS is already eating a whole gb of RAM out of 1.5gb. Heck, my Moto G gen 1 has only 1gb of ram and it has 500mb free on nougat

Because the developer only marked the app as compatible with certain devices to stop idiot users from bombarding them with 1 star reviews.

You realize that every single Fire can be rooted and reflashed, right? Nothing stopping you from putting a good ROM on it and getting the regular tablet experience.

>to stop idiot users from bombarding them with 1 star reviews.
too bad they get those 1 star reviews anyways because people never care to read the description of the apps

>Tizen was such a steaming pile of crap it lagged on their reference hw during presentation.
Well Tizen is cobbled together from old projects. Frankly I don't know how anyone looks forward to having a Tizen phone, Samsung can't even make an Android skin that isn't a laggy pile of shit, what hope do they have of making an entire os that isn't a steaming pile? Also don't forget all the security flaws that were recently found in Tizen

>Samsung can't even make an Android skin that isn't a laggy pile of shit
They stopped being laggy since quite a time ago, user

They'd get a lot more if they didn't stop users from being idiots.

--t. android developer

Agree, I can't stand their crap. The curved edges are also the most retarded and useless thing ever added to a phone.

I am getting an iphone next time because of this

>woops bumped it
>beep beep
>here are the results for "woops bumper" :^)

lmao when was this? Still eats up a fuck load of RAM, still suffers frame drops, and just generally lacks consistency and polish throughout the ui.

what did u do

remove bixby

why dont you get a nokia 1100 if you just want a phone without apps

Or you could just, you know, buy some other Android device besides a samshit.

Nobody actually use assistants on phones. They are only usefull for mundane informations and spend money on useless crap and fastfood.

Am I missing something?

Can't you just root and remap?

>using the smiley with a carat nose

You can't rate apps you didn't download from the Play Store anymore.

And tripping KNOX, literally the only reason to get a Samsung phone.

as much as i hated it before, went non-root to get nougat on my s7 it was surprisingly ok.
would prefer vanilla, but i've let the botnet in because of this phone. still would like some free alternative to release in the US.