Why does g hate video games?

I want to know your worst opinion of them. I'm slowly starting to hate games myself but value your opinion on the matter.

g hates gamers, not games

Cause this is Sup Forums, not Sup Forums

Gamers suck, games are fine though.
Though I can't be assed to buy into this console gen because there hasn't been a worthwhile new IP or entry to any of my favorite franchises in nearly 10 years.

Anyone who tells you games are a waste of time are just trying to fit in, or they're a weakminded "former addict" who literally cannot approach the topic without lashing out.
You can see this in action when they reply with smug anime girls.
Anime is just as bad as vidya, if not worse.

I hate to be that way, but ive come to terms with the fact ive wasted all most my entire life playing them

I surely do. Games is the best software in terms of being shit, buggy, bloated and overpriced.

Sup Forums hates games as a reflexive defense to try and stop cross contamination from Sup Forums. Sup Forums may be one of the worst boards on Sup Forums, it's reaching /mlp/ levels of fuck. Atleast /mlp/ keep to themselves.

Time you had fun wasting is not wasted time.
Sorry you fell for the "growing up" meme.
People don't usually snap out of it until it's too late.

>claims videogames are childish
>watches foreign TV programs that some people may consider "childish"

Sup Forums is now worse than Sup Forums imo

Snap out of what, the growing up meme?

I wouldn't say I'm that mature, it just feels like when I stopped being interested in action figures. I try to game I just don't care that much anymore, no matter how great the game is. I even find being on g much more entertaining.

I never said they are childish and I don't watch anime

I don't hate video games, I just want to Sup Forums to fuck off along with the CPU/GPU brand fantards.

how do people not get burned out from video games by the time they turn 20? that's what i don't get. it's all the same boring crap over and over and over and over.

There's nothing wrong with the games in and of themselves, the concept is fine.

It's just that the games themselves are so often puerile incoherent nonsense.
The audience is arguably even worse, gaming tends to attract some unsavory characters who haven't managed to escape from the 90s early 2000s midset of "gaming is a weird thing that only massive nerds do".
And while I don't think they contribute to people being useless layabouts pieces of shit, oh boy do they make it easy to be one.

By playing actual good video games.
I bet you never moved on past online first person shooters.
I grew out of those, then I moved on to anime SRPGs.

Woah I fucked that up.

>nothing wrong with the games in and of themselves
nothing wrong with games in and of themselves*

>midset
mindset*

>useless layabouts pieces of shit
useless layabout pieces of shit*

there is no such thing as a good video game

Maybe you just don't like video games?

oWo

They're boring, worthless time sinks. I could forgive them for this because a lot of things are, but the gamer community it the worst of the worst.

Gamers and the gamer culture are terrible.

I'll tell you why:
>100% sure I'll study all day and learn math/programming
>click on roguelikes folder
>character dies
>it's now 8pm and I've done fuck all with my day off
They're dangerous

Sounds like me

I've heard of the nothing alternative

You stick to your goal or do nothing

We don't, we just believe in the separating of Sup Forums and Sup Forums. There are separate boards for a reason.

In general, Sup Forumsfags shit up every discussion with LOL CANT PLAY MY VIDEOGAMES ITS TRASH

because video games trick you into believing theyre pushing graphics foreward when in reality, all they do is create a bunch of fps chasing retards and stagnate the market by strategically pricing and targeting demographics rather than making a worthwhile product

the whole thing stems from money being the ultimate goal rather than innovation, or the importance of videogames as the ultimate art form (visual, audio, animation, voice acting, story telling, and technological marvels) instead is rehashed shooters and racers. on the tech side of things we still have dual core at 3 ghz as the norm. nu-gaming stagnate the whole fucking scene at the cost of muh profit

ITT: People who are playing the wrong games.

I'm sure all the consumerists on here are these same people.

Gamers are happy to part with their cash, so of course such a thing will occur.

tell me more, faggot

i want to give hacking games a try sometime. i'm just too busy now though