How long will it be until we can truly discard our bodies and go to the wired?

How long must we be kept waiting inside our flesh prisons? Inside our meat shells?

Each one of us a prisoner, unable to truly connect with any other. Our souls yearn to bond but they cannot.

We cannot truly progress in our current state. The human body is an evolutionary dead end.

How long until we are free?

Other urls found in this thread:

m.youtube.com/watch?v=x790AjID0FA
m.youtube.com/watch?v=y5CFE-Zdlfs
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Why people like Lain again? It's a shitty cyberpunk wannabe anime with an autistic bitch as protag

>muh technology
>muh buzzwords
>muh virtual world
>muh layers

You don't seems to understand...

Lain is like the older Apple products.
>a good design
>some cool stuffs
>easy to get
But still far away be a Thinkpad60.

you must be 18 or older to post here

You do realize that your emotions are created by chemicals, right? If you had your consciousness transferred into a computer, you'd have the emotional capacity of a calculator. You would cease to be a free thinking individual. What you're asking for is essentially death with a backup of your memories being made. Why are you being stupid on the internet?

No fucking shit that transferring one's mental state into a computer includes a model for those chemical reactions.

>lainchan
you've got to go back

Memories stored electronically can be overwritten.

Why can't you into science? Why are you such a retard? Fuck off, retard.

>hurr retard
Not an argument.

you dont have free will to begin with dipshit

I don't think you understand how chemical reactions work, or why they'd be nearly impossible to simulate in the way you're suggesting. Your grasp on science and technology is looser than your mother's cunt. Fuck off, retard.

Prove it without dragging the discussion into autistic multiple universe conspiracy theory horse shit.

We're already talking about personality uploading you turbofaggot, any society with that technology can also simulate the chemical reactions in a brain.

You should discard your body right now

>because x could exist, this means that y will exist simply because x exists
Flawless logic, Einstein! Let's apply it to current technology:

Cars and fans exist, therefore there must be flying cars. No? I wonder who's suppressing that magic hovercraft technology. There's no way it could just not exist due to physical limitations, right?

You and your thread are fucking retarded. You should literally kill yourself.

we might think transferring or consciousness to machines sounds like a good idea, until you realise you can now copy yourself, or be copied. Ever play Soma? if not, watch the ending.. skip to 1:45, then skip the end credits and watch the final cut scene.

m.youtube.com/watch?v=x790AjID0FA

really makes you think.

here's another.
Are you sure you want to digitize your consciousness???
m.youtube.com/watch?v=y5CFE-Zdlfs

personally, I'd rather have my brain loaf placed in brain case and have a fully synthetic body.

Simulating chemical reactions exactly may not be necessary. Approximating on higher level of abstraction could be sufficient for the purposes of emulating a brain, and be far more computationally efficient.

Obviously the matter of copy vs move would be a crucial design consideration of any consciousness transfer device.

The MC in that game doesn't understand it because hes become retarded from being copied so many times.

You cannot upload YOUR mind, you'd just be making a copy.

explain the difference

You'll still be here while your virtual self is doing something else. He's the immortal one, not (You).

Then freeze the original body, nigger.
No one here has any imagination.

If I perform logical operations on paper, how does it differ from the ones performed on a machine.

No, don't give me that physical sense bullshit.

>Then freeze the original body
For what purpose? You can't load the virtual you into that body, it'd be much better to build it an artificial one to his liking. Again, whoever lives on is a copy of you, not the current instance of you.

yes, you'll be here, but you'll be there, too
as far as the copy would be concerned, it's you, and the original is just "the old you"
if you copied yourself, and killed either one, you're back to square one, nothing has changed

I consider it more humane & respectful default than destroying it. It's still a human being and possibly a valid backup.
Or maybe it comes from a fear of having my current body destroyed.
It's only a copy if it continues iterating.

Prevent iteration, make the copy, cold store the original in such a state that it cannot slip back into function on its own.
Or destroy it.

You can do both if you like; destructively image the original.

You could consider your current state mere copies of your last iteration through time. Would you consider yourself the exact same as yesterday, a month ago, two years ago?
You are just a copy of your previous self as your transhumanist self is a copy of your human body.
And the unique quality of your experience should carry over as long as continuity is retained from your perspective(s).

You want to make a living creatire in informational world? Good luck.
You want to upload your mind into a bot? Kill yourself because that what would happen. You upload a copy of your mind with all it's memories and rules somewhere else and after that you die, in first person. Nothing changes from third person view, though.

Catering to brainlets who want to know about technology but are too retarded to grasp it all neatly packaged into a mysterious pseudo intellectual wrap

>flesh prisons
nigger at least you have free will
once you upload your mind to The Cloud™, Google will own a copy of your consciousness, and they will use it to better target ads to you

Causality exists. There is no True free will.

>You upload a copy of your mind with all it's memories and rules somewhere else and after that you die, in first person.
why not upload at sleep of sorts and wake up on a new day with continuous experience?

/thread

Do you want to wake up with experience from your copy merged with yours? Not sure how you can handle such sudden surge of information.
Having a symbiosis of brain and technology seems to be the solution we need (if you care about staying yourself and not making a copy), not brute copying from your mind and uploading.

>You would cease to be a free thinking individual.
How is the movement of chemicals more free than that of electrons?

>we can simulate every possible state of every neuron in the brain
>but we can't just write a 'disgust' function to change the states when someone reads a post like yours

please provide an actual argument besides "muh chemicals"

I want a few thousand of me now. They are still me and I would be ok with it so I think I/we would be ok with it.

10^9 years

"You" as the consciousness you are right now won't get to. Your existence starts and ends in that fleshy prison of yours. But perhaps one day we will have the technology to scan you thoroughly enough to create a copy of your consciousness on to the wired. And so, though you may inevitably die, your copy may get to have a very nice existence for as long as the wired persists.

I'm already sick of you after just reading your post. I would rather be a temporary meat-man than have to "truly connect" with you, whatever the fuck that means.

>your copy may get to have a very nice existence for as long as the wired persists
We're going to need a bigger containment.