Windows 10 Classic Theme

Even with all the retarded spying and shit, the biggest thing holding me back from 'upgrading' is the fact I can't get anything that looks close to the theme I've been using the past fucking 20 years. Is there any viable way to make Windows 10 look like this? I can't bear the default theme at all; at least with Windows 8 I could use Classic Shell to easily get close to what I want.

Other urls found in this thread:

linustechtips.com/main/topic/748494-windows-95-install-guide/
wincustomize.com/explore/windowblinds/8628/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

> Firefox 4
> Google Chrome
> Opera
> Internet Explorer

this is painful.

2011 was 6 years ago, user

It's not my screenshot, genius.

Why do people want this shit? So glad the dull colors meme died. This shit is depressing to look at.

it gets out of the way and uses minimal resources

Did you also "cringe", you gigantic redditlord?

I want it because it doesn't hog resources like Aero did the first 3 years of its existence. I'm also used to it, since I've been using it for fucking years.

classicshell does that
more programs that do the same shit can be found here: linustechtips.com/main/topic/748494-windows-95-install-guide/

Holy fuck, thanks for the guide. Tons of good shit in here. So this will give me close enough to the same appearance? I might try it on a VM first to make sure I don't fuck up when I actually do it.

that doesn't work anymore. That thread has a shitton of tweaks and uses some really buggy themes.
At most you can use a proper Creator Update updated theme, uxthemepatcher and oldnewexplorer (at some degree). UxStyle is not working anymore and riverar seems to be busy with something else so an update isn't coming anytime soon.

user, read

Well fuck; I looked at some of the screenshots in the later pages of the thread, and they seem to replicate the Windows 7 Aero pretty well, but unfortunately that's not quite what I'm looking for. I guess I'll keep waiting for a better fix then, unless someone posts something that works.

Here's what you do:

Step 1 (read carefully):
Install Gentoo

Nice meme, but I don't plan on going back to Linux anytime soon. When I'm no longer expected to compile shit from tarballs on the regular, I'll consider it.

get uxthemepatcher, get oldnewexplorer, get any decent theme that has been updated to be used with the Creator Update (double check this if you want to reboot into a working computer after installing) and go with that.
It's not that hard. Looking for a picture to show you what could you do I stumbled upon an updated theme by neiio that looks like the old classic theme.

it works i have tha shit running on someone elses pc with the latest w10 update and shit. it works.

shut up

Is there a way to make the buttons look like the pic?

Get version 1703 (build 15063.138) and see how it goes after rebooting. Computer will be fuckind dead and you will make one or two threads complaining about it.

Not that I know of. At least the dude made a version with flat buttons. Also ported pic related.

already did that. works fine.
did you have all the programs in that list installed? if so how do you know which one fucked your shit up.

I wasn't using all that because there's no need. I have some minor reg tweaks on a reg file that I can merge to apply them all, oldnewexplorer to get the details pane on the bottom and get rid of the fucking stupid ribbon menu and used uxstyle to patch and use any custom theme. UxStyle is not working properly and it fucked up your installation if you didn't remove it before upgrading. You can check on the issue tracker on riverar repo for that.
uxthemepatcher seems to be working fine though. Besides that you need themes to be modified to work with the new version since there will be a lot of bugs or even problems booting if the theme isn't compatible.

Not having a classic theme is the only reason I haven't updated various machines at home to windows 10.

Been using the theme for 20 years now and my autism doens't like change.

Have a intel NUC that I've turned into a media centre with hyperspin all the streaming services I did install it on but since it works a lot better on a TV setup.

please if someone knows how to make it look like this post it.

In windows 10 I have the urge to change wallpapers/colors because it looks like shit

you're a faggot for getting hung up on superficial UI bullshit. you're no better than the macfags or the arch rice neckbeards. fucking kys

lol, yeah, because the UI doesn't matter at all.

Oh because we arr talking about the w7 lookalike menus here, not the registry. I didnt touch the registry. Not needed.

Maybe, but seriously just get used to the new theme. It's a lot better than Aero ever was and looks cleaner than Windows 95 ever did.

>dull colors

It's a nice professional look that blends with a diverse pool of design paradigms.

Current Windows 10 look-and-feel is off to a great start and has a lot of potential, but like 8.x it's still in a half-assed, inconsistent state and it clashes easier with applications that don't follow the same design language, which happens to be most of them.

>I'm a tasteless, mediocre piece of shit who takes no pride or finer interest in anything he owns or does as long it accomplishes the bare minimum
never change Sup Forums

Classic Windowblinds 10 theme

wincustomize.com/explore/windowblinds/8628/

Just use 7+ Taskbar Tweaker and Classic Shell.

The instructions have a shitton of stuff you don't need and also recommends using uxstyle which isn't working properly now. The only thing you need is what I said here
You can get rid of the excess of shit on the file explorer using oldnewexplorer and a couple of registry tweaks.

install xubuntu and get the windows 98 theme, faggot

looks nice thanks

I applied this theme and nothing happned in taskbar am i missing something? Using Newest build

Everytime I see any type of windows screenshot, everybody has large icons enabled.

It's not even a small thing
how can people have this little taste

RIP Neiio you will be missed.

>depressing to look at.
what kind of gay ass lollipop filters do you gave on Sup Forums then? this place is plainsville

where i can find this theme?

deviantart. Should be in the popular windows 10 visual styles.

>when a pajeet manager "designs" something in PowerPoint and paint

You can install GNU/Linux desktop environments on Windows 10. Install XFCE and the Chicago 95 theme.

i think they crippled classic theme with windows 8 and onwards. you can't get it, you can get but its half-assed abomination looking shit. There is chicago 95 theme in linux but thanks to amd there are no drivers for my gpu therefore i am stuck with this shit.

you need to be over 18 years old to browse this website

Time to get over it, Gramps

looks like this
if you are using w10 most recent build use onlt UltraUXThemePatcher. UX style fucks up selecting theme some reason

(OP)
looks like this
if you are using w10 most recent build use onlt UltraUXThemePatcher. UX style fucks up selecting theme some reason

flat, dark UI is fine.