Curd Cutting

Has Sup Forums cut the cord? How do you save money on TV?

cant you just buy internet through cable in ameriland? without tv?

Sure, but I meant do you use services like PS Vue or Sling TV, etc. for cheaper TV.

I was born in 1995. I haven't had cable after age 11. Didn't need it through middle/high school because internet and vidya, roommates and I don't care for it through college because we're broke and Netflix is better.

If you ask me, cable is only relevant because of news and sports channels. Fuck if I'm gonna wait a week between two episodes of a show. I don't start on a season until most of the episodes are out already.

kodi
how have you not known about it yet?
idiot

>Has Sup Forums cut the cord?
Yes
> How do you save money on TV?
By not watching it

>watching the electric jew
come on user

I don't have TV.

Is this 2008 again?

YouTube TV
Or
PS Vue

And
Netlflix
Or
Amazon Prime/video

Either way you get pretty much anything you'd ever watch for $42 a month.

If you want to put in some work but save money, consider making a very basic HTPC and installing Kodi+Exodus

Isn't live sports the only reason live TV is still around?

In 20 years, all the kids who've grown up won't give a fuck about sports because instead of having a tv raise children, parents these days just give them ipads.

>watching paid TV
I cancelled my satellite subscription years ago after I realized I only watched two fucking shows once a week.
I only felt bad because I didn't do it sooner and wasted all that money.

I just watch OTA. Most everything is in HD too. I don't even subscribe to any streaming service or pirate anything.

only 42? wow
Here you go OP.

please stop posting kodi when you're referring to a piracy addon, reference the addon itself if you must
just mentioning kodi makes kodi itself look like a piracy tool, which it is not

Is this thread even necessary? I think it's pretty much obvious that anyone born in the 90's has already seen how pointless it is to watch television when there's so much more fun to have on the internet.

I don't need cable. Over the air television has all the basic channels like fox, abc, and exclusive local channels not available via cable or satellite. Plus I can always get shows online for free if I really like it.

t. xbmc dev

love your work

i'm not, but i have been using it for a long time, and it's sad to see the number of people mistaking it for some shady piracy program

i'm getting my local canadian programming in 1080p OTA just fine, and picking up some buffalo ny channels too.
pretty sure my tax bux go towards this anyway, so why pay more.

>giving a shit about brainlet normies
If they don't want to spend 3 minutes researching themselves then they aren't worth your time.

These people wouldn't have touched Kodi/XBMC even if piracy wasn't attached to her.

We canceled directv 4 years ago. Was 130$ a month and literally nothing watchable.

Bought a huge antenna and put it on the roof. Now we get about 35 over the air channels, all HD.

We have a couple smart tvs and a couple amazon firesticks ofr two dumb tvs. Hulu, netflix and amazon prime. All still far cheaper than cable and limitless shit to watch.

Cable is dead. Cant believe people still use it.

Terrarium TV and a Chromecast.

I get the 30 most popular channels in my country for free OTA anyway. Why would I even have cable?

>paying monthly for tv
why would someone pay for a fucking tv, I just scan my channels directly from turksat, there are paid services with shitloads of channel too but i don't watch tv that often

I don't have any friends so a TV is pointless, I watch everything on my monitor. I have broadband internet and netflix/prime, and everything else is youtube.

Landlord pays for it.

Usenet Automation for tv/ movies onto a 16TB build that runs plex media centre

you don't understand just how cucked burgers are, i've been trying to fucking tell these cucks how shit is in the rest of the world
>advertisers provide income to tv channels
>tv channels provide income to cable companies or satellite corps to broadcast their channels
burgers, they never learn

>I had cable television at some point.

It was always a meme.

I don't watch TV now, but I do watch Netflix.

All the SJW shit is getting to be too much for me. Is there a service out there that's better than torrenting individual shows?

never even had cable until I got cable internet for a year. was pretty shitty desu, can't wait for my city to get FTTH

He's mentioning it like you would mention Plex. It's an organizer. Only a fool would infer that he's being a pirate unless explicitly said otherwise.

IPTV from unlicensed broadcasters.

a media player is not a solution to saving money on tv, the only way to correlate them is with piracy addons

Websites. A lot of those sites that host a shitload of shows are easy to rip the media from, sometimes as easy as right click -> save video as. You can try shush.tv for starters. It's worked pretty well for me.

Kodi

Yeah you keep telling yourself that buddy

Sling TV + a good antenna to pick up the free HD channels. Better than the $40-$50 a month I was paying to get the channels I wanted to watch and 500+ channels I never wanted to start with.

This. If there's anything I want to watch it can usually be done through the internet in some fashion, and if not it's probably not worth watching.

nobody mentioned about it. It's all in your heeead

>TV

Oh man, the nostalgia. The 90s were dope.

I don't watch much but I've tried kodi. Waste of time and emberresing to show in front of friends when it fucks up unless you actually have copies of everything. Use it only if you're shit poor and can't afford Hulu otherwise kissanime/kisscartoon

Yup. I do miss having TV sometimes though and I'm reminded of that whenever I visit my parents.

I use Netlix, Plex and torrents + a chromecast and an old TV. Works decent enough, wish I could afford a little NAS capable of transcoding with Plex, now I have to boot up my desktop whenever I want to watch something on Plex.

My life is simple
Kodi + Exodus + soccerstream + a couple of addons
Netflix for a $0.15 from alphabay
Hotstar subscription

I've had free IPTV only for the last 2 years.

Kodi+Exodus

Yes I got netflix and hulu accounts for 30 cents each on alphabay too, comfy

Haven't had cable in years, just 100mbps internet and soon fiber when it's done.

I use a mixture of Plex for local torrented content, Kodi for streaming TV, Netflix for random old shit, and rented blu rays for niche/shitty movies or things I don't feel like downloading because Family Video is cheap as dirt.

Feels good, I spend probably a total of 15 bucks a month at most on TV or movies. Can't even get basic cable for that.

Took a look at PS Vue but it's literally more expensive than just adding premium cable to my internet. Hulu can also suck a dick since they have ads on a paid plan.

Somebody somewhere is still using Crackle. Lol.

and who pays the landlord huh

I have a little roku

$50 a month for 60mbps internet is all i need. Water and electricity is around $150 max so i keep my monthly expenses pretty low. Feels good.

I have it bundled with my Internet to keep the price down because of TWC being Jews.

I Don't watch much tv. I get my fix online for free.

seedbox, £36 a month and I cant get any content I want available to stream on all my devices, friends pay for access to the stream so it cost's me £10 a month

Only babyboomers have cable.

I, for once, do not regret about having no TV. It's only good for ambient noise of news and since news suck TV is not important.

How does that work? Are they stolen and people come after them?

What do people watch on TV apart from the nightly news and sports?
Last time I actively sat down to watch a series once each week was the first seasons of Lost

By going with Directv. I save more money than cable and get the great benefits of 4k TV and MobileDVR with the Genie.

Why is cable so damn expensive? HD is only at 720p and most shows are just full of ads? Where is all that money going?

This + roku
>He's using roku
Muh Netflix and controlling yt from my phone. Also nowhereman to watch NHK

>Are they stolen
Yes.

Sold cracked accounts. This is one of the reasons Netflix made a device limit per account.

If cable TV didn't already come with rent, I wouldn't have it. The only time I ever watch tv is when bad weather is forecast.

>Fuck if I'm gonna wait a week between two episodes of a show. I don't start on a season until most of the episodes are out already.
mah nigga

>2011+6
>watching tv
lmao you guys are kidding right?
but honestly fuck off to with your cancer

I only have Netflix plus using various streaming sites. Where I live there is no OTA channels, or if there is they can't be picked up where I am at.

I did use SlingTV for a while, but it sucks unless you have a really good internet connection.

I pirate all popular TV shows to a media server in my basement

Name a better way, I'm listening

>not having sattelite

>turk

>popular TV shows
How about not watching that garbage at all?

Bazinga.

ITT poorfags

>They don't spend all of their entertainment budget on subscribing to qt3.14s on Twitch.
You're doing it wrong.

Gotta blend in with the normalfags somehow my man

But they already do it >for free don't they?

I watch what's available on Netflix and pirate the rest. Pretty simple really.

Fucking local broadcast
>paying $80/mo for reruns

And lost was airing on ABC which is available free OTA. I mostly use the TV as background noise.

When I move out from my parent's after college I'll probably just get a antenna so I can have that constant background noise. Cable is way too expensive for that.

I use BTN because I'm not a faggot

I never even had a cord to cut. Only time I've had a TV with cable was when I lived with my parents who had one.

I don't watch TV since 10 years.

Just cut the cord and use Hulu or Netflix.

Netflix.
Local news from internet.
NHL hockey a perk of phone plan.

>NHL
Probably leaf. How's the Internet speed over there? I was with my now ex for Xmas and the Internet was utter shit. Dunno which provider tho.

Toonami because I'm a peasant who can't actually afford a PC atm. Once I do, though, the cable Jew is getting the boot.

canadian internet is australia-tier for mostly the same reason as australia

I will be honest, though; recording shows and fast forwarding past commercials is a nicw perk.

Living in Canada it's not hard to cut the cord without giving it much thought as Canadian networks fail to meet up to their American counterparts. I just want to watch Adult Swim OK?

Just stop watching TV

This. Netflix is all you need.

In Finland the TV licence comes of your taxes right away

>Kill cable
>Get a good antenna not a cheap one make sure it has a range of minimum 50 miles and amplifier if indoor
>Get a NUC not a roku
>Get netflix or whatever streaming service you want
I've never tried kodi but I have read to only use the streaming part with a VPN.

>Can't afford a PC. Can afford cable.
Top banana.

I'm 25 and I've never paid for a TV license. By the time I moved out of my parents house I already didn't watch TV.

I did buy a 45ish inch samsung dumbTV last year, but it's purely for Androidbox/Retropie/PC.

TV entertainment is bluepilled as fuck, same as radio. Why would I let some suits dictate what I watch. I still remember the days of being at the mercy of TV channels, hoping that something good might be on, just to watch the same shitty movie for the 5th time. TV is a scam and I'm glad it's dying.

I have Hulu and gf has Netflix. I torrent anything else we want to watch. I don't see a point in cable jewvision.

>tv
>on Sup Forums

>2017
>needing the jew propaganda

>tfw i can't pass the tests for a TV license
Kill me now...