>Written in C
Inherently unsecure
>Written in C and closed source
Inherently unsecure botnet

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=gWv_vUgbmug
antitrust.slated.org/www.vanwensveen.nl/IhateMS.pdf
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

> Written in python and nothing is PEP8.
REEEEEEEEEE

> Let's write everything in scala, because that's what our Spark team uses.
REEEEEEEEEE

> user, can you please help Pajeet? He's says his queries are slow.
REEEEEEEEEE

>open source

>written in anything other than C
bloats

>C
Well, you can't be bloated if everything spills out of your gaping security holes.

>Written in Rust
Binary is 437 times larger than it should be
>Written in C++
Compiler errors are 437 times longer than they should be
>Written in C
Code base is 437 times larger than it should be
>Written in Go
The author is retarded
>Written in D
The author is a necrophiliac
>Written in Haskell
Memory bandwidth and usage is 437 times larger than it should be, but can't actually use the program because I/O is impure
>Written in Java
Program loads 437 times slower than it should
>Written in Python
Don't know which version to run the script in.

>Not writing it in machine code

Gtfo my Sup Forums, scrub

Toppest of the keks

>written in a closed-source proprietary dialect of LISP first designed over 20 years ago

/********************************************

DO NOT TOUCH THIS PART

*******************************************/

exactly. every single language fucking sucks

fortunately Jon Blow our lord and savior will bless us with JAI

youtube.com/watch?v=gWv_vUgbmug

Yeah python versions have been annoying for sure, but with venv now its a bit easier. I've been using conda lately though which works very well and intuitively but its unfortunately not stock.

Fuck off, Jon Blow.

>Literally C
Into the trash

>written by people residing on 4chinks

I'd be willing to bet at least 50% of your OS is written in c lmao

I wonder why putStrLn works if haskell can't io.

>this thread again
For the last time Rust shills please go.
>muh security
is not a valid argument. If you do dumb things in C you will get dumb results. If you need to have language hold your hand while programming perhaps you should learn to program first? Besides most of vulnerabilities are results of improper implementation of algorithms which are language agnostic. Show me one big project written in your """"safe"""" language on scale of nginx, apache or linux and it's CVE list. It should be empty right? Until you prove that your language actually solves security problems nobody will take your meme language seriously.

> If you need to have language hold your hand while programming perhaps you should learn to program first?
Go teach Linus how to program then

>runs on JavaScript

Which Linus? From linustechtips? I don't have time to learn him how to program.

I write my shit in freepascal
roast me

> no doc
> doc is outdated
> there's only one example which is too simplified
> "created at xyz hackatron"
> "funny" gifs

>>Written in C
>Inherently unsecure

C code is not inherently unsecure. It is possible to write secure code In C.

But it's relatively easier for a programmer to write unsecure code in C, because C doesn't provide modern protections.

The thing that really exacerbates the problem is that the industry has been flooded with mediocre programmers.

Writing large amounts of good C code requires a programmer who is highly experienced, knows C at an expert level, broadly knowledgeable about all the sources of programming errors in C, deeply paranoid about those potential errors, has the patience to always be extremely careful while programming, and is very creative in developing styles and patterns that reduce the probability of introducing errors.

Of course, you say that about every language, but those requirements are particularly important for someone writing C code, because C is at the extreme end of the power/safety tradeoff.

Universities don't produce those kinds of programmers. Instead, those programmers are forged over years of professional experience.

For someone who never used it before what problems does it fix java or .net don't?

You have no idea what it means to work with people that have never worked with Python in their lives. The horror I've seen...

Can I compile in Android?
>Java sucks
>pls kill me

topkek

>uses node.js
Fuck these "lets use javascript everywhere" and "lets make everything a web app" retards.

By now most things are webapps or are planning to be. The era of the desktops and local computing is dying.
Using JS everywhere is retarded tho.

>ITT
Sup Forums redflags

I'll start
>Thread created by a Mozilla shill

>venv

I always hated this shit, seems like a band-aid to artery wound. I like python as a language, but the version problems are what I hate the most about it.

thanks fuck I have a 4k screen.

Yes

> Doesn't enforce the "oop meme"
> No dependencies (fuck net framework or jdk)
> Truly crossplatform with little to no effort
> Killer IDE - Lazarus
> Unit system is smart
> No toxic community.
> Not owned by Microsoft or Oracle

> (OP)
>/********************************************
>DO NOT TOUCH THIS PART
>*******************************************/

>tfw work at e-commerce company and decade-old hacked up theme is full of this shit from long-gone employees

>current state of windows

>desktop program written in javascript
>description has tons of buzzwords
>runs on electron
>fancy graphics and animations that take 999999 more time to start or do anything
>something simple like a text editor but installer is 100+ mb
>uses the word "app" instead of "program" or "website"
>devs are hipsters that focus more on politics than the software itself
Basically anything made by a javascript """""programmer"""""

html is shit and slow, facebook knows whats the best, if you want to be a good programmer you should write html pages in c++

But you've got time to come here user

>no doc
>doc is outdated
>there's only one example which is too simplified
You've described about almost every overly intricate program ever made.

>Made with secure
not secure

>japanese dev
Spaghetti code

>contains bitwise operations
Changing these to their more readable form makes the program exactly 0.0000000001% slower, the quadratic function which contains these bitwise operators has not been optimized.

>complaning about C
t. bootcamp webdev

>java
>slow
where is this meme from??

>already used in production
On the dev's home hentai vault

>Changing these to their more readable form makes the program exactly 0.0000000001% slower
>hur dur look at me I'm retarded

Minecraft.

As you might know, there are multiple implementations of minecraft.
>Minecraft written in C++
Fast, smooth.
>Minecraft written in Java
Slow as fucking hell, lag spikes, takes way too long to load up.

Go fuck yourself.

>the documentation links to StackOverflow

kek

>what is static analysis

statically analyze this

*grabs ur non-null pointer* OwO

>Don't know which version to run the script in.

Try python2, then try python3.

So hard man.

Again. Even free tools such as framaC will let you validate your assumptions about your program. There's a reason C is favoured over ADA in recent projects.

>not written for temple OS

next stop: autonomous cars

Rust

Pretty much a "do not hire" red flag on any resume.

A program written in machine code will actually only run on your machine. There would be no point in publishing code like that. You scrub.

On one hand, it is what C++ (or D) should have been, but on the other
- no/old/poor libraries
- needs headers for C FFI
- limited type system
- the IDE is unstable
- encourages keeping data in GUI controls
It's okay overall. This is actually a shame, because it could have been great. Too bad mismanagement killed Delphi and the library ecosystem with it.

Too true.

>I'm an autistic child who has never written software before
Got it

Much harder then it should be.
It should be "try python" and no more.
Python is a joke.

Fucking retard.
It'll work on any machine provided the architecture is the same.

>written in MUMPS
>written in Open Road

Nice argument.

I guess from the first version when it was slow and a resource hogger or something...

Thanks for posting. Source?

Don't have the sauce

[citation needed]

in theory: yes
in practice: no because of non-uniform RAM memory, drivers, operating systems, etc

what is syscall

Which part, exactly, of "provided the architecture is the same" you did not understand?

Maybe if you're writing a kernel, but this is a userspace application.
>ram
Taken care of by OS
>drivers
Taken care of by OS
>OS
Yeah, of course it'd only work on one OS, but that's out of scope of my point. You claim it would ONLY work on your machine, which is blatantly false.
Higher level languages won't solve this anyway, if the program depends on OS specific stuff.
>etc
Above

lol you guys fell for it. Sup Forums is so easy to troll nowadays, seriously you need to lurk more

Why is that loli suffering

fucking this.

>install
>no standalone/portable option
>no option to select custom install directory

Here is one, the site seems to have been removed (Google Sites (?) 404). antitrust.slated.org/www.vanwensveen.nl/IhateMS.pdf

* the original site

>I was only pretending to be retarded!

>Written in Rust
Binary is 437 times larger than it should be
>Written in C++
Runs perfectly smooth using only as much memory as you tell it to but it takes forever to write and you're probably paying the dev $50/hour
>Written in C
>condescending Bjarne Stroustrup.jpg
>Written in Go
The author is retarded
>Written in D
The author is a necrophiliac
>Written in Haskell
Memory bandwidth and usage is 437 times larger than it should be, but can't actually use the program because I/O is impure
>Written in Java
Program loads 437 times slower than it should, also the dev shits in the street
>Written in Python
Don't know which version to run the script in.

FTFY

>Written in C#
Binary contains spyware
>Written in PHP
Scripts are 437 times less secure
>Written in Javascript
Scripts contain traces of over 437 improperly documented frameworks
>Written in Ruby
Scripts contain 437 times more hipster bullshit
>Written in COBOL
Binary is 437 times better at finances but can't do anything else

>not written in perl
why??

Code is 437 times less readable

>Minecraft.

minecraft isn't indicative of anything besides notches ability to program

before minecraft notch worked on classics such as wurm online, another shitty java game with another horrendous client courtesy of notch, and before that he was a java mobile game developer in the pre smartphone days

anybody that has worked on minecraft (or even wurm online) will tell you that the clients are pure dogshit written by people that can barely be considered game developers, this is no more evident than the various user mods and patches to minecraft that ended up in the final game because hobbyist 15 year olds writing mods in their free time are some how more competent than notch, a seasoned java developer for over a decade at the time these changes were being implemented

an example of this would be when the height limit for minecraft was bumped from 127 to 255 because of the inclusion of a user mod that entirely rewrote the chunk code, chunk performance went through the roof and while the game was still awful it was now somewhat playable on older hardware

if you want an example of legacy notch code, the game wurm unlimited on steam is an unobfuscated version of the wurm online client - anybody that has tried writing a mod (or anything, really) for WU will tell you it takes some dedication not to baulk at the code

and I really don't mean to be disparaging to notch, minecraft was a hobby infiniminer clone after all and watching the development was an incredibly interesting process but the game soared in popularity to the point where a full engine rewrite on a one man dev team would have been infeasible to keep up with the demand and interest from players - this is why even hobbyist clones of minecraft that have no attention can have decent performance while the original game is still awful

basically, this guy gets it:

>>Written in C
>Inherently unsecure
Transitively this makes most other language implementations insecure as well.
Haskell (GHC) - parts of runtime written in C.
OCaml - parts of runtime in C.
Rust - uses jemalloc (and relies on llvm, written in C++).
Python, Ruby - runtimes in C.

>Written in C
437 times more security vulnerabilities than other languages
FTFY

>The era of the desktops and local computing is dying.
Isn't react bullshit to move what PHP did to the clientside?

from running any non-trivial java program in the history of java programs

>Current state of windows

>Written in Fortran
Binary is 437 years older than it should be yet it does number crunching 437 times faster than the rest

These i value all life peoole would ahut their whore mouths if they got bed bugs

where do you work

>Lol jokes on them I was just pretending

If you find a spider in your house there's a good chance it's from a house spider species. They're made to live indoors, by putting it outside you're basically killing it,

>Written in python
REEEEEEEEE

This language is fuckin' gross in every possible way.

>javascript
it's a fucking nightmare
>last project I was outsourced to had bootstrap, angularjs, ui-bootstrap, jquery and laravel for backend, along with about 10 "plugins" for the js frameworks
>the js files were a mix of ES5-6, other parts of the code written in typescript, and others just written in plain js/jquery
>even using scss AND less at the same time for CSS, their website didn't even respond to RWD (which bootstrap should provide if you HAPPEN TO USE THE FUCKING CLASSES).
>there also was a jquery matrix element that the previous devs decided to just hide if the @media was small
>said matrix contained 90% of the info regarding the services the company provides
I only have myself to blame, I should've applied for backend dev instead of frontend