Do Brits and Americans also feel that French is relatively easy to decipher French text without even knowing French?

Do Brits and Americans also feel that French is relatively easy to decipher French text without even knowing French?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tomahawk_(missile)
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paveway
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I mean I do, but I also took like 8 years of Latin, which is supposed to make all Romance languages easymode

Easier to get the context from cognates you mean

Spoken French is an entirely different matter

I wouldn't say its easy

I had spanish for a long time and it takes a bit to read french text and guess their meaning since they use all these soundless letters

French here ask me anything

that's so strange
it's not like half your language is french or something

Australian here ask me anything

Why so shit?

What part of your national defences would be most vulnerable to an amphibious assault from your northern coast?

Because your country is an uninspiring swamp full of semi amphibious krauts with toothpaste for a fucking flag

Briton here ask me anything

>UK
>Amphibious assault

A lot of English word comes from the French

Lel thanks for the you fuccboi xD

that is wierd that we both used the word amphibious

Likewise, my phlegm gargling dijk digging vreund.

Black here ask me anything

Yeah, amphibious, you know, from the water, like say from a certain channel.

And aren't Exocets decades obsolete? I'm pretty confident that we could take you, I promise no longbows this time.

Chicano here ask me anything

OP wife's son here ask me anything

Dutch diaspora here ask me anything

Yes.

Our naval logistics is far greater than yours.

>And aren't Exocets decades obsolete

what does that even mean

You realise things get re-designed and upgraded during their lifetime, right?

No shit, but you have to be pretty autistic to stick with the same name from decades ago, new equipment tends to have new names so him trying to Pepe le French a picture of an Exocet is pretty autistic.

>No shit, but you have to be pretty autistic to stick with the same name from decades ago, new equipment tends to have new names so him trying to Pepe le French a picture of an Exocet is pretty autistic.

No.

It really isn't. You have no clue of what you are talking about,

exocet is a prestigious name forged in the battle, tell one reason to change it

At least that has some sort of logic behind it.

You name some British equipment that kept the same name for nearly 40 years and various upgrades. Even the Challenger upgrade was called the Challenger II.

You clearly have no knowledge of anything.

>You name some British equipment that kept the same name for nearly 40 years and various upgrades. Even the Challenger upgrade was called the Challenger II.
>You clearly have no knowledge of anything.

what

Where was I trying to say that we don't to this? I was saying the exact opposite. There's nothing autistic about re-using names.

I even had examples lined up of weapons systems that reuse names.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tomahawk_(missile)
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paveway

Yeah, but I've taken french, so that probably affects my viewpoint.

And both of those have different blocs all with numerical designations. Not one uses the same name decades and variants later.

Jesus Christ anyway, I made a single light hearted comment to the frog and that spawned this.

>And both of those have different blocs all with numerical designations. Not one uses the same name decades and variants later.

So do the Exocets.

>Not one uses the same name decades and variants later.

Yes they do.

You said something moronic, so don't be surprised if people correct you.

The only moron here, is you.

You made a false claim and even blew it up in your own face.

Hardly.

What claim was that? That re-using names isn't autistic? Especially when a weapon is just a updated version of itself?

You're both fucking autistic.

no u

A little bit, but mainly just because I took 5 years of Spanish in school

>born Europeans
>understand English, French, German, Italian, Spanish to some degree without no effort.

>born East Asians
>Japanese Chinese, Korean, Mongolian, Thai, Malay can't understand each other's language

wut a looser.

All me.