Hey Sup Forums, my laptop keeps making random beeping noises. Like 5 beeps in a row and it won't stop...

Hey Sup Forums, my laptop keeps making random beeping noises. Like 5 beeps in a row and it won't stop. This issue happened when a bowl fell on my fucking computer and really dented the keypad. What the fuck should I do?

>be laptop
>beep beep beep beep beep

install gentoo

OP here on my phone. HOLY SHIT just tried to restart it and the beeps are at FULL FUCKING VOLUME. this is coming out of the laptop and its so loud I dont even wanna turn it on again I instantly turned it off.

it's the CIA
your computer is basically fucked.

Stop joking just help me. Should i mash F8 and hit up the BIOS or something?

>beep boop boop beep?

Should have bought a mac :)

delete system32

i think you're laptop is broken OP

Im not shitposting. My computer is literally going BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP. What the fuck.

Okay so I pulled back the keyboard, on the back theres a nice bump from where the bowl hit :( You cant see it but i'll post a picture in a bit. For now can any user tell me what happens if damage happens to this area?

Thing is so cracked from the impact :/ do the electronics in under the keyboard matter?

Does it turn on after the beeps? The beeps is probably a beep code that if you look up can tell you in a vague way what might be wrong with the laptop. The beeping probably indicates that something is fucked on the motherboard, and/or maybe the keyboard. If the laptop didn't cost you much I would just buy another laptop. I would try disconnecting the keyboard, then turning it on to see if you still get the same beeping, or if you just get an error code indicating no keyboard. In any case if it's cost-effective you'll have to buy a new keyboard off ebay, and a new motherboard if it's a motherboard issue, which it probably is.

And then you tell yourself to never buy a cheapo, consumer-marketed piece of shit laptop again, and only buy very lightly-used business laptops off ebay (i.e. Thinkpads, Dell precisions and lattitudes). You should probably avoid Dells in general tbqh familia. Had this been a thinkpad literally nothing would have happened except for maybe some popped keys.

Might be sticky keys. Try pressing Shift 5 times

Engineer here OP.. Ignore the other anons. I'm going to help you out since you are nice.

Cut that black ribbon so the noise goes off. Do you have a magnet? We might need it for later

It does turn off after beeps

Check out my pic I unplugged the keyboard and plugged in a old usb kb. still making LOUD fucking beeps.

Please dont say its the Mb. Because this thing died before this happened too. It restarted outta no where when it al happened earlier. Guess it is a mb issue? Gonna go boot it up in my car so i dont wake everyone up and see whats up

Okay. Do you have a magnet or not? The electrons on the hard drive might have been affected with the hit. I need you to stay calm.

Who the fuck drops a bowl on their laptop? You don't deserve a computer, get an android tablet instead with a rubber case for toddlers, then kindly jump off a bridge.

Also:
>Sup Forums isn't tech support

Okay looks like UP is ignoring my advice.
Hopefully you will find a solution by yourself. Have fun!

You broke your fucking laptop. Consider the following:

>Use google to determine what's wrong
>Fix it under warranty
>Buy a new one

Sorry, went to the car to boot this thing up, and it was beeping the whole time. Even once I made it to the desktop, but once it gets to the desktop the beeps become was less loud.

I closed my laptop and it presumably went to sleep like most laptops, opened it up, and the beeping was gone. Hoping this shit just fixed itself but I know I done fucked up... probably gonna have to take it to a computer dude to get fixed/scammed.

Fuck you, accidents happen bitch.

>hackers can turn your computer into a bomb

Its stickykeys you fucking retard

No beep code for 5 beeps

You come to this board and demand help because you don't understand that the beeps mean you fucked your own laptop's mobo because you're a collosal fuckup and can't do much right, and call me a bitch? Go fuck yourself, the beeps are coming from your on-board speaker basically saying "I'm dead" in computer language, so please, put the key in the ignition of your shitty Honda, drive to a highway, and put your foot on the gas and don't let off. Make sure you avoid other people when you do this, they shouldn't have to suffer for your uselessness.

give it back jamal

no its not you fucking retard
might be 4 beeps actually its definitely 4!

if anyones still around, i'll stay in the thread if anyone wants to help, would gladly take any advice.

Kill yourself

you're a loser lol

The beeps might be from the keys being pressed down. As in, the computer thinks you're pressing down H and J and thats causing the beep response because that constant input isn't valid.

Order exact keyboard model off ebay and replace keyboard.

See, I'd agree with you, but I unplugged the keyboard as seen in the picture in
and when I booted it up I still got the beeps.
>Sorry, went to the car to boot this thing up, and it was beeping the whole time. Even once I made it to the desktop, but once it gets to the desktop the beeps become was less loud. I closed my laptop and it presumably went to sleep like most laptops, opened it up, and the beeping was gone.

It was undergoing a recovery sort of thing when I was initially booting it up, so I'm gonna turn it off later tomorrow morning (don't wanna bother right now as parents are asleep and I don't wanna risk BEEPBEEPBEEP again) plug the laptop's keyboard back in and see what's up hopefully thread's still up

Kek