Do germans speak formal german on the street...

do germans speak formal german on the street ? do you really use Sie instead of du with stangers and people older than you?

Other urls found in this thread:

vocaroo.com/i/s1ZLjn9eyG4n
vocaroo.com/i/s0AI0TmBU2s8
vocaroo.com/i/s1hywBQrQnoX
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>German on the street

That's a rarity

isn't formal languages just for strangers? sounds completely normal

I dont know. the last time I was in a situation where I had to speak German was years ago.

They don't speak on the street at all

lulz

It's social protocol to use Sie rather than Du when addressing the elderly or pretty much any stranger in a professional, non-casual setting. As an adult, you'll only use Sie when talking to a "superior" on the job though

was geht brudi vallah man schwör was geht bruda altaaaa vallah schwör hat die das gesagt man ja man bruder

bitte means dick in my dialect

>talking to strangers

Diaspora detected.

Since we have Germans here, can you answer a question for me? In English, when talking about inanimate things we always use it. >This Jacket is nice. I wear it.
But in German, things have gender so would I say:
>Diese Jacke ist nett. Ich trage es ODER
>Diese Jacke ist nett. Ich trage sie

Jacket is a female noun so we use "sie"

I am Greek.
Speaking German makes you a nazi.

Now please go away.

>"Jackets are female"
Hanz and Fritz will defend this

the akkusativ sie right?

Danke schön. Mein Lehrer hat nie mir gesagt aber jetzt weiß ich.

Verpiss dich Sandneger

wir bekommen es. du sprichst deutsch

Gib Ruhe.

KKKKKKKKKKKK NEIN NIEINEINIEINEIN EIN EIEIN EINEI ENINE ENI NIEI NN EINEIN NEIN IEN INEEINIEN INEI N EIIEN DAS IST MEIN THREAD

Richtig.

Beautiful, ain't it? Opens up a whole New realm of possibility in poetry and such

Nicht wirklich aber danke. Ich probiere

Mein arsch ist bereit für cock

Yes you do, but young people use the DU when talking to peers, also some hipster bullshit shops will agressively force to use the DU talking to you, which I find annoying

Kann man mit Internetleuten duzen?

Some people will get really offended when you adress them with "Du". I remember when my Grandpa was in the hospital, we went to visit him and next to him was a Serbian who didn't speak german very well, and the fucking nurse flipped out when he adressed her with "Du" telling him how disrespectful he was. When she left you could see how upset the man was. He was in his 70s maybe and tried his best to speak german as well. Fucking bitch, reported her later

Ja, das ist normal. Kommt glaube ich noch aus Usenet-Zeiten

translate this

Basically it says pay debts

When even Jews call you a cheater, you must've been doing some seriously shady shit

damn you yank
I want the truth

damn

>I've learnt "Wie geht es Ihnen?" "Auf wiedersehen"
> they said "w geht's!" "tschuss" instead of them

>You'll never speak their language exactly as well as they do, even though you'll try harder than them

Doesn't this apply to every language? Shit, I've been trying to sound like an English native speaker for several years and I'm not still sure I have completely succeeded in that endeavor. It seems that my English mysteriously deteriorates whenever I'm faced with an actual English native speaker.

Your point? We don't learn much colloquial English either
I could also say
>I've learnt "How are you?" "Good bye"
>they said "sup!" "bye" instead of them

Das ist doch unhöflich, junger mann

They speak turkish or arabic,mixed with german.

Yeah. It's like sure they'll understand you, but many natives will be able to tell you're not one of them sooner or later. I don't think it matters what language.

>not still sure

You're not quite there yet :^)

Passing for a native speaker is an actual thing, you know. Sure, if I post a vocaroo of me speaking English right now, you'll immediately be able to tell that I'm not a native speaker because I've just told you that I'm not a native speaker. You'll also listen far more carefully to even the tiniest mistakes I make in my pronunciation.

However, if I were to talk to some random person in the street in America, I doubt people would notice that I'm not a native speaker.

english is germanic language you dumbo.

Also, Mädchen (girl) is neuter
Our language literally objectifies girls.

They speak turkish on the streets, because more people speak it, only in the far-west they speak German or Diets

My English is flawless whenever I'm paying enough attention to what I'm writing. It's just that I tend to type so fast that I make mistakes when I don't proofread my posts.

donnerwetter

That's practically the German equivalent of "Oh my goodness". I don't think anyone actually says that anymore except for maybe old people.

Yeah, but you think they'd never notice?

"Flawless" is a term I'd reserve for top-notch writers. To give you an example of something in your post that could be considered a flaw, the tense in your first sentence is questionable.

The average American barely even knows where Europe is on a map. We're not talking about fucking linguists here, but just your average Joe on the street.

>purple hair and nose piercing
degenerate website

German Hebrew

Gauner(Swindler) jawan-> "Greece" , eariler, Jauner coming from Redwelsh Juonner, Joner, "Falseplayer" greeks which became homeless due to turkwars wer called jowonen, jonen "falseplayers"

Basicly greeks beat jews.

As soon as I turned 18 I told people to only address me with "Sie" from now on.

but do you sexually identify as a Sie?

If you want to believe that, alrighty. I just know I've been able to tell anytime I've talk to someone for a bit. Even Americans grown up abroad are a bit different.
This is true

there's also the so called Hamburg Sie, where you use Sie + first name and the München Du, which is Du + last name

No

>the tense in your first sentence is questionable
Huh, are you sure about that? How else could I phrase it?

"My English is flawless whenever I pay enough attention" would be an alternative, but that doesn't have really contain that progressive element that I want to emphasize.

Sie Schlampe?

both are fine

What? It started with my Confirmation and in school with grade 11

autism

ja bin alte Frau

>but that doesn't have really contain that
true native speaker with FLAWLESS english right here lads
this cheesejew got it all figured out

I found that Germans use 'ge-verb-et haben' more often than English 'have verb-ed'

This is what happens when I don't proofread my posts. The problem is that I think in English and I've been doing so for nigh on five years now, so when I suddenly interrupt a thought mid-sentence, I tend to write that down in my post and I don't notice it unless I reread it.

Frankish empire rest

Vous - Sie
Tu - Du

English language is so poor kek

Or very polite, since they use the vous-sie form all the time

We had

Vos
Tu

but we lost the "vos" and now we just say "tu"

fuck off cunt

>The problem is that I think in English and I've been doing so for nigh on five years now
wow...native

Here you go, I think I slurred my words together a bit too much at times:

vocaroo.com/i/s1ZLjn9eyG4n

What, you Arabs adress everyone the same way? Disgraceful.

cuck

that's a really gay and ugly accent

you sound gay as fuck and try really hard to put on an accent bruv

bender

You sounds like a robot tbqh.
I can hear the accent, really.

I always found it funny how we moved up step by step in the politeness during our school years.

>Kindergarten:
get called du + first name, call teacher du + first name
>elementary school:
get called du + first name, call teacher du + last name
>middle school:
get called du + first name, call teacher Sie + last name
>high school:
get called du + last name, call teacher Sie + last name
>University:
get called Sie + last name, call professor Sie + last name

Is it similar to that in other German speaking countries, or other languages with polite forms?

pure autism

faggot

Well shes just a fucking bitch then

Some hipster ironically use words like that or shit like “sapperlot“ and “ei der daus“ whatever the fuck that means in the first place. Himmel Herr Gesangsverein die Deutschen sind ja wirklich Scheiße

I don't remember kindergarten but in primary and secondary school we adressed teachers/professors in the formal way ("vikanje" - vi (plural form of you) and they adressed us in the informal way ("tikanje" - ti (singular form of you). Some older professors in high school adressed us in the formal way. In university everyone uses the formal way.

Yes, immediately. I actually have a friend who speaks like you, I forget where he's from though, somewhere in the Caribbean

>ei der daus
kek

You sound Swedish...

To continue, yeah perhaps if I met you on the street and we talked for five minutes I wouldn't think of it; I usually don't go around looking for foreigners. But the way you pause is definitely nothing like a native speaker I know. It's not bad by any means though; I wish I could speak as fluently in German as you do in English

Potzblitz

vocaroo.com/i/s0AI0TmBU2s8

>vocaroo.com/i/s0AI0TmBU2s8
That was actually really good; you sound exactly like a beta-nog

Germany 1 : 0 Switzerland

0 accent, would never think you speak with an accent. But the way you speak really sounds like a girl in low voice.

English and German tenses that are constructed similarly often differ a lot in their usage.

In English the present perfect is used to express a past event that has present consequences.

In German the similar constructed tense is the past tense for spoken German.

U FUCKING WOT M8
vocaroo.com/i/s1hywBQrQnoX

cringed

>vocaroo.com/i/s1hywBQrQnoX

Feel free to upload it on YouTube or whatever. I'll do anything to become a meme or something. I was being cringy on purpose, by the way.

sure you did, you native speaker

That was pretty good

Did you learn English with Metal Gear Solid?