twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

No.
reddit.com/r/REEEEEE/

Existence of C is a security concern

This, it must be snipered.

Who can bully c though?

People fear what they don't understand.

Things that are not understandable are called undefined behaviors

Existence of computers is a security concern.
If you think you will be safe by changing your language you have no idea how fucked things really are: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Row_hammer

>Existence of bugs is a security concern
Ftfy

C is probably most populal language for embedded devices like AVR or PIC

Existence of shitty programmers is a security concern.
If you aren't responsible enough to maintain memory safety and not fucking break shit you shouldn't be doing things with C

then defend it. Asking someone to not make fun of your language will make them make fun of it more. Defend yourself you passive piece of shit.

I'm telling you again do not make fun of C

>Things that are not understandable are called undefined behaviors
Toppest kek

Only if it stops leaking everything over the bed

C is actually more secure than most other languages because you can write your own allocators and this allows you to make your code behave unexpectedly to hardware attacks. It's only insecure if you don't have the technical ability to write a memory allocator and insist that web dev is actually programming.

Like some user said, stupid programmers is the problem.

Then every single C programmer has been proven to be an idiot given all major C software has had memory leaks

"Major C software" is written by multiple individuals and sometimes an individual on the team makes a mistake somewhere. I'd be more concerned with shit like heartbleed than a memory leak retard. Surprise surprise, rust wouldn't have fixed that.

I guess you too much of a fucking moron to understand how memory leaks affect software performance and security.

>totally deflect
The worst security bugs aren't even memory leaks you fucking retard. They are failures in implementation and logic. All a memory leak does is degrade performance in most cases, on windows they are practically impossible to consistently turn into execution unless there is a chain of fuckups around them.

Whatever you say, fucking moron

>hurr durr I'm a CS student and my c programs keep crashing
good luck on your exams user.

sure thing, fucking moron

You missed the context on what I had said. Im am NOT making fun of C. But when someone makes fun of what YOU like, fucking defend it, you passive piece of shit.

Asking someone to NOT make fun of your language will make them make a joke of it more just to spite you. Grow a fucking spine.

Keep trying for that 4.0 champ, I believe in you.

C is such hard language. Reinventing wheel is extremely hard and you are almost guaranteed to fuck your shit up

ITT: full stack web ninja rockstars hating on C.

ITT: code camp graduates proving why we shouldn't hire people without prior experience or a degree.

t. brainlet webdev

>security by obscurity

C can handle the bullying. And it will still be around long after we all die.

t. embedded C programmer

look user I've had enough of your insults towards C, please stop thanks

That's what libraries are for fucktard. No need to reinvent the wheel, even in C.

Fucking kill yourselves codelets, C is king

Say it

Guys, I just started learning C as first programming language and I'm making good progress. Is C actually useless/outdated? Am I wasting my time or is this just a meme?

C is the lingua franca of computers and the standard by which all other languages are judged. It's the only language that can occupy its primary niches in OS components, drivers, and embedded work. C++ is a competitor on some platforms but is not as portable. Knowing C is the same thing as knowing how a computer works. All competent programmers are fluent in C.

many of the bugs out there would not exist if we stopped using low-level stuff like C where the most mundane things like memory management for individual variables are left to programmer's own handiwork. I think we've reached a point in time where we can trust a more high-level language to compile to sane memory allocation on its own.

>Please stop
Fuck you. I don't bow down to spineless libtards. Go back to kissing ass, fucking CSIS cocksucker.

Yeah sane memory management, like Java.

who cares

Finally, someone on Sup Forums who knows what C is for.
Seems like every time there's a new security exploit it's the same shit.
>why don't you use asm for your microwave
>why don't you use Go for your kernel

That's actually how a lot of security holes in contemporary software gets introduced into major applications, code that wasn't written to be secure being used in an application that requires security, but wasn't audited properly.

Not saying there's anything wrong with libraries, on the contrary, everything wrong can pretty much always be pinned on the software developers who don't audit their own code. The programming language they use shouldn't serve as an excuse for their fuckups.

>t. unemployed expert fizzbuzz hacker master

C is a king of shit

>OS components, drivers, and embedded work
But why would you want security holes in any of those niches?

Depends what you want your program to do.
If you want fast code, you use unsafe C.
Rust, for example, is probably a bad idea because if you end up wanting to do fast computation and want to use raw pointers, Rust's disgusting syntax and counterintuitive design could lead to more bugs within unsafe code blocks.
Java is pretty fast for what it is, and if you need faster just use C, which is the elegant dangerous language that you can fully understand (unlike Rust and C++)

cobol?

Waaaa, waaaa, assembly hurts my brainies! Why we don't use JavaScript instead?

> implying C is a one-to-one correspondence to assembly

Compile your shit in O0, then tell me.
Compare with the shit you do in (((rust)))