Which language would you recommend to learn?

Which language would you recommend to learn?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=-UqA2Wg8Gaw
youtube.com/watch?v=So0Gr_I4nJQ
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dialect_continuum
youtube.com/watch?v=KBCsp1rHB2Q&ab_channel=Skorz
youtube.com/watch?v=_nOOScpHYd0
youtube.com/watch?v=wzTnwGZQwNo
youtube.com/watch?v=HzsIPE3vtBQ
youtube.com/watch?v=Z4hIra6yNb0
youtube.com/watch?v=N6owgOd09rE&ab_channel=VGKUM
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Arabic

polish

estonian

Not Scandinavian because it sounds gay.

Finnish can only be used in Finland, norwegian can be used in both Denmark and Sweden. Swedes don't understand danish and vice versa

Pussy language.
ps: i am a gril tbqh

Latin, C, C#, OCaml, Haskell, Ruby on Rails

Swedish. It's an easy gateway into the others as well.

You have mixed it all up user, it's norwegian which are the gateway

Russian.

bottom right, french

Really? I was told this by a swede here on Sup Forums

This would work much better if you posted an edited image tbqh.

well, he fooled you then

Swedish, Danish and Norwegian are all basically the same language. Pick any one them, except Danish because it sounds fucking horrendous. Pick Icelandic if you want to be a unique snowflake. Pick Finnish if you want to truly comprehend the inner dimensions of memery. Pick any and you're autistic.

this

nynorsk is sort of norwegian icelandic

Dont listen tohe is a bad goy.

Norwegian is not a language.

Artifically created after being the cumrag of Denmark/Sweden for all their history

we have kvensk too, which is sort of norwegian finnish... youtube.com/watch?v=-UqA2Wg8Gaw

Esperanto

It's literally Finnish.

This.

kvens say it's not finnish, it's unique. They wan't norwegian heritage protection of the language

English

No, it's a Finnish dialect:

Here's Kven:

Kvääninkieli oon se kieli mitä kväänit
oon puhuhneet ja vielä tääpänäki puhhuuvat,
ja mikä oon säilyny ruottalaistumisen
ja norjalaistumisen läpi minuriteettikielenä.
Minun mielestä Torniolakson «meiän kieliki»
oon vanhaa kvääninkieli tahi vanhaala
meiđän kielelä kaihnuunkieli.

and here's Finnish:

Kveenin kieli on se kieli, jota kveenit
ovat puhuneet ja vielä tänä päivänäkin puhuvat,
ja joka on säilynyt ruotsalaistumisen
ja norjalaistumisen läpi vähemmistökielenä.
Minun mielestäni Torniolaakson "meidän kielikin"
on vanhaa kveenin kieltä tai vanhalla
meidän kielellämme kainun kieltä.

We have way more variations in our dialects than Kven "language" compared to standard Finnish.

Here's the Finnish text written in dialect I speak:

Kveenin kieli on se kieli, jota kveenit
on puhunu ja viel tänä päivän puhuu,
ja joka o säilyny ruotsalaistumise
ja norjalaistumise läpi vähemmistökielen.
Mun mielest Torniolaakson "meiän kieliki"
on vanhaa kveenin kielt tai vanhal
meiän kielel kainun kielt.

That is way different from standard Finnish than Kven is.

well Kvens want norwegian heritage protection of the language

/thread

marry me

From an objective standpoint Norwegian is the best choice

chilean

The Kven language/dialect and the Kainuu dialect are actually not related, contrary to popular belief.

In any case, the boundaries of languages and dialects are often fuzzy. Lot of times there's politics involved. I mean, let's face it, Norwegian Bokmål is basically Standard Danish.

Assuming you mean Standard Norwegian (Bokmål) since Nynorsk is irrelevant & harder to learn, it's fairly easy for English speakers, as it is truer to the pronunciation than Swedish & Danish.
It's also a good choice as a Norwegian speaker will easier be able to understand both Swedish & Danish, whereas Danes & Swedes usually report to understand Norwegian to a good extent yet the other language is usually only decently intelligible (I primarily mean when spoken, there is easier mutual intelligibility when writing (A Dane would usually not have too much of an issue reading Swedish).
Danish is easier to read, as its grammar is more similar to English. Swedish is the most relevant Nordic language.
Icelandic is only a good choice if you want to learn a language more reminiscent of Old Norse viking speak. It would be more difficult in comparison to the other 3.
Finnish, why the hell would you contemplate learning Finnish unless you're a finnboo. Some people complain about German cases being difficult, but Finnish makes German look like a walk in the park. Sure, it's a cool meme language but it has 15 cases, not to mention that in Finland, not everyone will be able to understand each others' Finnish with relative ease. The dialects vary across the country, often entirely different words will be used for common objects, though a Finn here would likely tell you that it is not incredibly difficult to pick up on a dialect or accent from the opposite side of the country, yet it still makes it even more complicated than it needs to be. But sure, there are difficult dialects in the other languages, i.e Bergen-Dialect Norwegian but even that's not as difficult since it's still close to written bokmål. Swedish sounds cooler than Norwegian though. Norwegian is soft & feminine. Danish & Icelandic are the most masculine Nordic languages.
youtube.com/watch?v=So0Gr_I4nJQ
tl;dr Norwegian since it's a middle way.

How does Finnish compare to Meänkieli?

Kven seems distinctly Western Finnish. The Eastern ones I consider an older tribe, that had less to do with Germanics and Proto-Balts (who gave you "perkele").

that's not a language, sempai

Please learn swedish please please please.

why should i?

oh come on please please

Meänkieli is just another dialect of finnish.

It's basically a dialect of Finland.

>Kven seems distinctly Western Finnish.
That's because it's part of the Western dialects.

Kven, Meänkieli and Finnish could also be said to form a dialect continuum:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dialect_continuum

*of Finnish. Not Finland, obviously.

Hmm, strange. We got both Meänkieli AND Finnish as official minority languages.

No bad sven

>Singing Irwin

WTF I love Norwegian girls now.

youtube.com/watch?v=KBCsp1rHB2Q&ab_channel=Skorz

Norwegian is probably the best to learn. Norwegian is right in the middle of the Scandinavian continuum which means it'll be easier to understand the other languages as opposed to if you had learned Danish or Swedish.

Faroese

Swedish has more learner resources because of immigration :^)

Also the language has more speakers anyway than the others.

Well we know how you are with your minorites. You would probably recognize pirate as an official minority language if there were enough of those. Not counting the Somalis of course, but the YARRRR ones.

Don't all of those countries speak English pretty well anyway? What's the point?

I don't what's the reasoning is behind making Kven or Mäenkieli their own languages. By that same logic, all the seven main dialects of Finnish are separate languages.

Danish or Swedish to be able to enjoy films and music in their respective language.

Im white so i they'd probably pick a dindu for a visa over me, but Swedish does seem kind of interesting

The only language we recognize that you don't is Yiddish though, pekka. Oh, and we only have one official language.

Well counterbantered swedebro.

swedish and danish music sucks. I bet he much rather wish to understand norwegian lyrics kek
youtube.com/watch?v=_nOOScpHYd0

mannen du ska inte ens försöka
youtube.com/watch?v=wzTnwGZQwNo

don't even try homeboy
youtube.com/watch?v=HzsIPE3vtBQ

i told you not to try

youtube.com/watch?v=Z4hIra6yNb0

dayum

Yes, and fuck Bokmål, because Nynorsk is the only legitimate standard written language. If you dont agree you are a cuck, or from Oslo.

Nynorsk has three genders, does it not?

>Jag heter Homo-Peter form Sverige! xD
Pakkoruotsi on paras ja pulla :DD

Every Scandi understands Swedish.

Finnish bc memes

Vaikuttaa aika kuivalta ja turhalta pullalta.

Mikä istuukin oikein mukavasti vertaukseensa:DD

Any picture made by a t*rk is a bad pic

Stop trying. Finnish is objectively the best language for rap.

youtube.com/watch?v=N6owgOd09rE&ab_channel=VGKUM

Ja niitä mainostetaan hyvänä. Kauppias on nero.

>Every Scandi understands Swedish.
not danes.
swedes and danes speak english to each others

No one understands Danish.

I don't understand why Fennoswedes still want to speak Swedish after the backstab of 1808. Swedes made it very clear to them that they are not Swedish.

I've heard Norwegian is the easiest for English speakers, is this true???

>backstab of 1808
Russian propaganda desu

None. All of those are useless af tbqh

They speak their languages in /skandi/
threads.

The difference in difficulty is minute at best.

They were left hanging dry in -39 too to make the message clear.

It's always the fucking half-brained anglo rationalizing his eternal monolingual status. Every fucking time.

Written Danish is ok, but spoken is completely fucking impossible to understand. It's like they have a hot potato in their mouth. Not to mention that their number system is completely fucked.

>All these swedes posting propaganda and lies from the cuckshed

>it's reasonable to assume that any country would like to lose 1/3 of its landmasses
You can't be this stupid, pekka. The Russians vastly outnumbered us and we had traitors in our ranks, what could we do?

Accept the English help, Svante.

They were already helping us to defend against the Danes and French? The best thing would've been if we'd never tried to challenge Russia at all. We should've just joined the blockade. But it's history now. Perhaps it's why Finland is a sovereign nation today, so there's always that.

Shouldn't it be Danish since it was the first and the others are just variations?

well the only place in sweden where they would not speak to you are in Stockholm cuz norwegian ain't noble enough. pic related, stockholm

>after the backstab of 1808
You make it sound like as if it was some voluntary union instead of forced occupation.
Fuck you, Per-Sven. Russians at least gave us autonomy and treated us as equals even though they fucked up badly in the end. Swedes, on the other hand, wiped out a third of our population in their wars, considered us sub-humans and to this day falsify our history like the vermin they are.

Tits or GTFO

There's no need to be upset pekka

They are now getting raped by Muslims. Karma is a thing.

>and to this day falsify our history like the vermin they are

They try to do it with Norway too, "we gave them freedom" bullshit. Fact is that we threaten with full scale war, and even with Germany as their ally they backed out

Except I'm fluent in Japanese, speak basic Korean, and am currently spending 3 hours a day studying Mandarin.

Fuck off you stupid BR.