/spb/

Saint Petersburg general

Perkele

>St. Petersburg JR is actually more developed than the actual St. Petersburg

Ahhhh! The city I want to visit!

Why is there a general for Saint Petersburg then?

most beautiful place on earth, I'd visit again and again

It's commieblock shithole except center historical part. Shitty weather, very shitty people with complex of supeority, many immigrants from Central Asia, expensive. Trust me I live there. Yea ITS VERY BUTIFEL but if you just average Russian wagecuck so.. Here we go! Also it's VERY dirty in winter , mix of shit, snow and salt everywhere.

>It's commieblock shithole except center historical part
same with Prague, the historical center is always the best part of a city

Great-grandpappy left in 1917, am I still allowed in?

>Also it's VERY dirty in winter , mix of shit, snow and salt everywhere.
That statement holds true for quite a lot of cities (looking at you, Oslo) but I definitely can see why you feel that way.

my skin is light brown so how high are the chances of being racially attacked in St.petersburg?

what if I fight back, will the police support the alone non-white tourist or the russian neo nazi group?

"the most beautiful russian city" was actually copied from Stockholm

>neo nazis
90s is over, trust me. There is no skinheads here, but 700000 Uzbeks and 300000 Azeris :^)

Lol what ? I don't see many gothic architecture examples in SPB.

Stockholm can be described with many different terms, but "Gothic" is hardly what I would think of first, 2bh

Ok my bad, don't know about styles much

now thats how you have a good time

let it be /rus/

comfy thread

For some time now, Petersburg has been shaded for me in a greenish color, glimmering and glinting, a ghastly color, phosphorescent. Snaky and snickering, a greenish flame quivers on buildings, on faces, and in souls. A flame will flicker--and it's not Pyotr Petrovich before you, but a slimy reptile. A flame will shoot up--and you yourself are worse than a reptile. And it isn't people walking down the streets: you glance under a hat--it's the head of a snake; you peer at an old lady--a squatting toad, bloating its stomach. And there are young people, each with a particular dream: an engineer just has to hear Hawaiian music, a student--to hang himself with a little more flare, a schoolboy--fathering a child, to show he's a real man. You find yourself in a store--a former general stands at the counter and wears a drilled smile; you go into a museum--the guide knows he's lying, and continues to lie. I don't like Petersburg. My dream is over.

Probably a samefag, but why do the Russians on Sup Forums always try to present their own country in the worst way possible?

Ladies and Gentlemen, your typical St. Peter's Burger.

(I'd worry more about new building than commie times)

Nice counter to all you diaspora who can't stop praising it while living in a different country.

It's just reality. Come here, when standards of living in SPB became like in Helsinki.

Weird general thread desu.

My foreign friend wants to visit Scarlet Sails this year and excited about it. But I'm scared this shit will ruin all good experience in my city for her.

No worries, man

The reason I think Stockholm and St. Petersburg can look pretty similar is the yellow/white colour scheme and the neoclassical/Italianate blend that both cities have. Königsberg must've looked pretty similar, too, back in the day. I think it's safe to say they were inspired by each other to a certain extent.

I've been to SBP in 2008 is found it beautiful. I'm not there to shit on other countries like you. Why is it always a fucking Finn who shits on Russia anyway?

We don't overstate expectations. If something good happens, it's a nice surprise. Bad things can't hit hard.

Russian love to complain at first, and then conquer. Well, I do not know how to say for sure ... We love to scare others so you know how bad we live. And we are not averse to live well, to conquer Europe again.

You just idolized this city because it's looks a bit European. Try with Bryansk for example.

He didn't shit, I get what he's saying. Nice things are still nice but people shouldn't have delusions. It helps to make more good things.

Russians are most tolerated people on earth.

lol I'm not saying it's heaven, but it's definitely one of the nicest cities I've been to.

>tolerated
Top kek, back to sosach

You certainly mean Nyen, the entire area belongs to the Swedish Empire, until some Rurikids (of Finnish descent) decided to take over by force.

Fuck off bydlo

>Swedish empire
no such thing

Should I visit Saint Petersburg in september?
Do I visit it combined with Moscow?

kto /fontanka/?

In summer moron. White nights and pretty warm weather. September is shit.

>Great-grandpappy left in 1917
Is your last name Romanov?

Also no such thing as a Russian Empire, unless converting Finnic tribes to Orthodoxy and making them speak Church Slavonic suddenly turns them into Russians as what genetics proves.

Only kupchino :^)

Bla bla bla

/vyborgsky/ here

>summer
dont do it, wait until next april when it starts getting relatively warm if you still want to be able to breathe inside the city

Is september already to late?
Sorry I have a job so it's not easy to get off in the high summer days :(

> suddenly turns them into Russians as what genetics proves

slavs is a linguistic construct

i like moscow more than saint petersburg tbqh

Party hard

it's not late

"white nights" is just a popular and nice thing

You've made a grammar mistake which made him sad.

September is a bit late, but OK. Best time here is late may-mid july.
Don't even think going here on october-april, unless you are going to commit suicide.

What is it like to be Russian?

What makes me sad is libtards that post their /po/ shit in non-political discussions
Also they incapable of using english, so they post on Sup Forums instead of Sup Forums where they actually belong

itz ok

Good, thank you.
I might do more research on a holoday to Georgia, since I heard it is pretty nice too.

>"white nights"
Oh man, that book is the first I read from Dostoevsky. I think that if the narrator lived today he would be shitposting here with us.

>That fell when Nastenka went with Chad

Fine if you're middle class
Depressive if you care about your country's future

It's like having a brain damage.

Drink tea three times a day.

>they post on Sup Forums instead of Sup Forums where they actually belong
You want to genocide this board :(

How do you know? Answer carefully.

>You want to genocide this board :(
What made you think so?

>Georgia
Went there two years ago with a few friends of mine. Interesting place. Fuck the cities (Old Tbilisi is nice though), you'll find some of the most jaw-dropping nature you'll ever see in your entire life. The nature is definitely where it's at. Don't know if you're into this sort of stuff, but while camping on the side of a mountain, I had what can only be described as the best 12 hours of my life tripping on LSD.

Im into nature but not so into drugs but thanks.

How wasTbilisi? Did you manage to get around with English? Ever felt unsafe?

> Answer
Sorry, i'm don't not is

>i'm don't not is

da, eta

>How was Tbilisi?
There's not a whole lot to see, in my opinion, but that's not to say you can't have an interesting experience or two. Though, again, the old town is where you should be spending time.

>Did you manage to get around with English?
To my surprise, for the most part, yes. Knew some Russian and I read up on the most basic Georgian phrases. It'll probably require less work than you'd think.

>Ever felt unsafe?
Never really left the city centre all that much, so can't say that I did. Some areas are notoriously shady at night, but I mostly just hung around the hotel bar at that time of day.

is me I say did thing do done been some wrong has mine?

Thanks.

Be sure to try the wine too while you're there, but that said, the locals pretty much make it their life mission to make sure you don't avoid doing that. They've got you covered. Believe me.

Hey /rus/, go home

literally vladivostok of baltic

Cпacибo, a кaк вы?

aй eм нoт шya бaт aй ѳинк ѳaт aй eм oкeй