DSLR Camera

Going to study film at uni so am gonna try to make some short films over summer to expand my skillset, but i need some equipment.

Best DSLR camera to get for under $700?

Ask and check back in a week for an answer.

All camera questions in the gear thread, friendo

Spend a bit more and get a decent mirror less.
Reccomandation:
Sony: a6000, a6300, a6500
Fuji: xt1 or xt2
Nikion: d7200
Cannon: 70d or 80d

Just get a 5D

You're gonna need at least $7,000.00 for a decent set up including a lens or two.

Do you have any idea what you are talking about?

I bought a used Canon eos 450D.

It jest werks and I like it

I have a Nikon D5200 that takes videos in 1080 interlaced or just regular p, 30 to 60 hertz, and great mic quality.

takes 4k pictures and timelapses too

>I thought that board had an insatiable boner for used D3000s in spite of Nikon's shoddy build quality.

>2017
>DSLR for video
LMAO
Just go mirrorless nigga, either that or buy a Canon that's compatible with MagicLantern, if you're not using ML there's not even a point then too.
t. film student

Oh and also skimp a bit on the body and get a somewhat decent microphone unless you're doing mute stuff all the time, built-in mics suck.

Any good Canons within my price range that work with ML?

Also what kind of prices would I want to be looking at for mirrorless?

>great mic quality
lol. No. Get an external mic.

Get a used Lumix G7. 4k video and mirrorless

If you are studying film, get a cam intended for shooting films. I would suggest saving up and getting a used Blackmagic cinema cam or pocket cinema cam. These things shoot raw with a log profile. Better than any DSLR other than the 5D with ML raw, but that's gonna cost you. I have seen decent pocket cinema rigs as cheap as $1000...and for a bit more some with all you need to get started including a few lenses and basic on cam mic.

t. director of photography

You are going to suck no matter the camera, if you actually cared about making films you would have started with whatever you could get your hands on.

t3i or 7d. bought a used 7d for 375 the other day to get back into the groove. best bang for the buck overall dslr for a long time now.

After a bit of digging around /p/ I settled on getting a pentax k50 for my wife. No mic jack so not the greatest for films

Can i get the thinkpad of dslr? like 160 dslr

The 5D doesn't come anywhere close to the pocket in terms of image. Blackmagic beat out pretty much every pro brand short of Arri in terms of image.

iPhone 7 with an add on lens accessory. It has a superb camera.

>DSLR
>Digital Single Lens Reflex
>In fucking 2017

For under $700, Sony Alpha 6000 is a perfect camera. a6500 or a7 are more expensive.

They are still the best at some things

Not video m8

I sell stock footage shot on my 7 Plus, the 50mm lens and ability to shoot Log make it a great portable cam.

Don't be an idiot and get a camcorder.

DSLR filming is a nightmare, there's a limit on clip length and battery won't last you an hour.