Why haven't you freedom loving faggots bought open source silicon yet?

Why haven't you freedom loving faggots bought open source silicon yet?

Because there's nothing original thee.
Just pale copies of commercial products.
There's absolutely no reason to use it.

>320MHz
Why the fuck is that microcontroller so fast

AFAICT, simply because they can.

This would be a great chip for a real time OS in embedded contexts. Really look forward to SiFive releasing the E310 (and others) independently.

>Because there's nothing original thee.
>Just pale copies of commercial products.
>There's absolutely no reason to use it.

Just like most open source software then.

Sad but true :(

t. don't know what they are talking about

>tarduino form factor
cancer

Did some googling, apparently it's pretty close in performance to the first Tegra (the one used on the Zune), minus GPU, floating point (I think), media extensions, etc.

Or similar to a mid-90s gaming computer.

Waiting for the U500.
by the way, does anyone know if it will feature a graphics chip?

And what exactly can I do with this that I couldn't do with other shit out there?

>not designing your own silicon and doping it yourself

having freedom.

How much do these cost? Do they have wifi/bluetooth built in?

In my opinion ESP32 is probably going to be superior.

>tarduino

Hey, show us what you have made mr. computer engineer.

$59. No bluetooth or wifi. Shouldn't be too much effort to adapt an arduino shield for that purpose if, for whatever reason, the arduino library doesn't work without modification.

I'll stick with ESP32 for $20

>Dual-core Tensilica LX6 microprocessor
>Up to 240MHz clock frequency
>520kB internal SRAM
>Integrated 802.11 BGN WiFi transceiver
>Integrated dual-mode Bluetooth (classic and BLE)
>2.5 µA deep sleep current
>28 GPIO
>10-electrode capacitive touch support
>Hardware accelerated encryption (AES, SHA2, ECC, RSA-4096)
>4MB Flash memory
>Integrated LiPo Battery Charger

For one, it's way, way faster. If you want to use an Arduino for some reason, but the arduino isn't fast enough, this might be your solution. For example, massive LED arrays or non-rudimentary audio.

Two, it's a dev board. You can develop for this, and when they start selling the chip independently, you can use that chip for your own projects in whatever way you want. Or prototyping before you "fork" it for your own custom silicon.

Three, probably the best option for low level on-real-hardware hobby programming. Most other chips are either rather limited, or they're shitty documented (low level shit on Pi is not fun at all). The arduino shield capability helps here too, as you have a lot of options for cheap, accessible, ready-to-go extensions. This is why I bought it.

Four, you get to support open source hardware to an extent not encountered previously. Risc-V is a really cool idea, and it needs all the support it can get if we want to see it be successful. It should be a good ARM competitor.

risc-v is pretty nice, hopefully more companies implement it in hardware. There's definitely a lot of hype around the platform for embedded/fpga platforms.

But I have

Where's the USB port?