Intel X299 HEDT Platform For Skylake X and Kaby Lake X Processors Announcement on 30th May

Intel plans to announce their HEDT X299 platform on 30th May at Computex. The launch will include full showcase of details and prices of the new processors while Intel board partners will be readying several X299 chipset based motherboards for the enthusiast crowd.

MEGA-TASKING INCOMING.

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.is/e5qTe
pcgameshardware.de/Kaby-Lake-X-Codename-265925/News/Erste-Benchmarks-machen-die-Runde-1226460/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

THANK YOU BASED INTEL

how'd a white male get into an intel ad?

He likes teh buttsecks

I can't wait to see AMD's 16 core 180w tdp part announced soon after and go on sale before it.

There's a reason they've been so secretive on it: is what'll fuck Intel entirely out of that market more than any other

>announcement on may 30th
>reviews on june 16th
>actual hard launch on the 26th

it's like they're trying really hard to shit on someone else's parade over a very substancial time span.

not to mention the fantastic announcement of the announcement, which became the hardware industry standart; i.e., everyone's guilty of that.

Can this lower ryzen prices?

No way. Guess what though. Ryzen is already priced extremely competitively. Intel is releasing their overpriced enthusiast line of CPUs, this is another price category (aside from the 4core, 112w 7740k meme).

Currytech link archive.is/e5qTe

No, because Extreme Edition CPUs are a minimum $1000

>The Skylake X family in particular will feature five SKUs that include a 12 core, 10 core, 8 core and a 6 core model.

I really want to see the TDP on that 12 core. And the price tag.

i think ill wait until their next supreme ULTRA-TASKING LEVEL-X CPU series comes out

Inb4 the 6 core costs 500usd and 8 core costs 800+ and gets btfo by ryzen 2

Do we know when AMD's 16-core chips/X399 are dropping? How long does Intel have before the party is over?

Probably Computex too, along with Vega for lulz.

>AMD shills claim their their rypoo chips are better at multitasking
>can't even MEGA-task

>rypoo chips

Oh hey, it's this guy. Been kinda quiet the whole time eh?

NOOOOOOOO

>pcgameshardware.de/Kaby-Lake-X-Codename-265925/News/Erste-Benchmarks-machen-die-Runde-1226460/
>7740k performs literally the same as 7700k
>but iGPU is disabled and base clock is 100mhz higher with identical boost clock
woo amd finished

Still cum for thermal paste, I'm sure.

I don't see any benchmarks in that link, just the same speculation as other websites.

But I doubt it will be any faster.
Removing the igpu probably won't do anything.

>mega-tasking

Is mega-tasking the new blast-processing?

next big thing will be pulse computing
pulse once - burn your house in an instant!

>It's not more cores
>It's mega tasking

It's right there, you big fgt.

>:|

12 cores with 25% clocks and some ipc is ~16 AMD cores

not to mention the boost in faster ram

TWICE
THE
PRICE
(I guarantee it)

Isn't AMD releasing 16core parts on the desktop as well?

Yeah, X399.

right now 8 AMD cores is 10 intel cores
but with SKYLAKE-X EVERYTHING WILL CHANGE

At least the MT will be equal with better ST perf

Who the fuck buys HEDT for ST? I mean besides Intel fanboys with more money than sense.

The ST won't be that much better anyway. 15% maybe?

>25% clocks
6900k is 3.2 to 3.7GHz. 5960x is 3.0 to 3.5GHz. Both are quite less power efficient than AMD processors. Even if the 12c intel were higher clocked than ryzen cpus, it's not going to be as appealing as you think it will.

>is ~16 AMD cores
I've also seen this very horrid claim in /r/intel, the idea that somehow in workloads that scale very well with cores, 12 intel cores would outperform 16 amd ones. Meanwhile in reality... pic related

I should note that those are launch benchmark missing every single performance update and the 25% memory latency improvement through agesa update.

6900K with 8 cores with an ipc boost and lower clocks is about double that of the 4770K's 4 cores and this benchmark scales nearly 100%

~3 7700Ks should be about 2 1800Xs in this particular benchmark

>muh single core
stay on your dual core 7niggahurtz cpu, retard

More like 10%. lol

WHERE ARE THE TDP OF THE 12 CORE INTELS
DOES IT COME WITH IGPU
I WANT TO SEE THE NEW FIRESTARTER

170-180 watts if the i7-6950X is anything to go by.

And what is that when you OC it mildly?

Here's some OC stats on the 6950X

I fucking fell for the 1800x XFR meme. The 1700 has way better efficiency FML.

>skyshit-X
>improved IPC/ST
Lmao

As it stands the 1700 has fantastic price/performance ratio

Just wait for Cannonlake.

>Announcement on 30th May, Launch on 26th June – Reviews Go Live on 16th June
What the fuck is this?

>skylake dieshrink
>*MOBILEONLY*

I think you meant Icelake

Will that be another "tock" like Skylake and improve IPC by 3% ?

Don't underestimate Skylake, it was up to almost very close to 5% over Broadwell

Intel panicking.

They want to spread the word during Computex, they don't have enough chips in stock to sell yet so it'll be another month later before they go on sale in god knows what quantity, not that it matters since AMD is releasing their own 12-16 cores at that time, who ever buys Skylake-X will only care about AVX512

Did no one notice how Intel only is releasing 12 core Xeon rejects while Skylake Xeons go up to 32 cores?

Anyone smart enough to know the reason? It's purely technical and involved rings and throughput.

>Not MEGA-TASKING™ on the HYPERTHREADED™ PIPELINE™ with your BLACKED EDITION i7 CPU™ brought to you be INTEL© the way it was made to be ULTIMATE GAME'D™ on an ULTRASOCKET™ Motherboard plus tip

I seriously hope you goyim don't do this

At 12 cores they can go with one ring bus, anything over that requires a second one and performance scaling with cores goes out of the fucking window.