What went wrong with Silicon Valley?

What went wrong with Silicon Valley?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=5lutHF5HhVA
youtube.com/watch?v=-i0UugILBJg
blog.bolt.io/heres-why-juicero-s-press-is-so-expensive-6add74594e50
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

It's the Meme City of Dreams your parents absolutely thought you were going to work right after you got your shitty computer degree.

Too much money, hardly any good ideas.

They aren't so smart after all.

Abuse of H-2B visas.

>when 1000 engineers design a product with no target audience

>Bot net juicer/CIA hot mic
>What went wrong

It's in California

I bet you that drink is 70% apple.

I think every post in this thread makes sense.

idk, i'd maybe buy one, if only as an ostentatious display of wealth.

I don't drink vegetable juice like some sort of hippie faggot, only Mexican coke and rum.

>le mexican coke meme

it still has corn syrup, ese.

mexican coke is the most retarded urban myth I've ever heard in my life.

you probably have a wife's son

>implying Mexicans don't have Coke

I honestly have no idea what to say to this.

>it still has corn syrup, ese.
you're retarded

Nothing. It's a perfect product.
Gives shit load of money while having zero usability. It's exactly what silicon valley wanted to produce and to earn on.
It needed many intelligent people to imagine a DRM people would like to pay for.

Greed.

The product sucks, seriously a fucking $400 (originallay $600 juicer) PLUS juice packs that cost 5-10 bucks EACH.

Maybe there is a niche market for these things, in stupid hipster stores.

Everyone is trying to jump on this 'subscription' model business with all sorts of dumb shit.

they made pajeet ceo and richard went off to pursue something stupid

youtube.com/watch?v=5lutHF5HhVA

>holy shit

Even if it's temporary, I'm making way more in SF than I would anywhere else. The cost of living is high but it's still a much lower percentage of my income than if I lived in a shitty flyover state.

That's the real, non-autist answer.

wew

Jews

Casey Neistat owns one too.

checks out

This, I'm living in a shitty one bedroom apartment with 2 other guys. Savings as much as I can before I move on.

fucking hell

I work somewhere where these are free in the break rooms. Because of all the buzz about these, today everyone was hand-squeezing the bags and then using the machine to compare, cutting the bags to examine the mostly-liquid-anyway mush inside, etc. We probably went through 200 bags today just from people fucking around.

To think they managed to make something worse than Nespresso.

Libertarian delusion.

>american """"technology""""

Tunnel vision.
An artist can draw anything other than their art room without going outside from time to time.

Mexico doesn't have the same regulations as the FDA so they can lie about it

IT'S ALWAYS THAT FUCKING MARIMBA MUSIC
FUCKING SWITCH IT UP, GUITAR, VIOLIN, ANYTHING ELSE

Source?

Mexican here, why are you talking shit about my coke?

Build wall, Paco.

maybe I'm retarded, but WTF does this thing even do?
is there a filter in each pouch that separates the pulp from the juice or something?

also, is there an inherent benefit to having the juice co-mingled with the pulp until right before consumption? I don't get why you wouldn't just buy juice.

>financed by google
>connected to wifi

>yfw your juicer is part of the botnet

Watch critkals video on it, it litterly makes a hole in a proprietary bag that you can easily open yourself and pour into a cup. your just buying a 400$ machine to do it for you

>355ml
>39 grams of sugar

youtube.com/watch?v=-i0UugILBJg

This desu.

Silicon Valley would be way better if the fucking indians weren't coming in and taking shit from us native bay areans
same with the fucking transplants and out of state Berkeley students destroying our damn community saying
its free speech
free speech my ass
just as bad as the permit indians and the damn central americans coming in like crazy

Greed.

That reminds me. I did this quite a while ago, each one of the four piles has the same amount of sugar as the can of Coke.

People freak about the amount of sugar in Coke but I would drink that can over an hour or more, most of the snacks I would consume in a few minutes.

Not saying there is no problem here, but it isn't just Coke and soft drinks. A lot of foods and especially snack foods have a lot of sugar in them which is far easier to consume large quantities of than Coke.

holy shit the packaging alone must cost a fortune

I believe the sugar in foods isn't as easily broken down because of the other things surrounding and containing it. With soda you're pretty much consuming just sugar

Humankind is fucking retarded and deserves nukes up the ass, ASAP!

The importer is subject to FDA standards. They can lie about it in Mexico, but not in the US.

What, what's murican coke made with?

Idk but people prefer mexican coke.

I used to know this one guy who used to trap with his shawty when i was younger and he told me that everyone wanted the mexican shit because it was apparently better for some reason.

I think its because americans make drugs so lazily. If you ever tried american weed compared to weed from an immigrant or from mexico or canada, american weed sucks ass.

Corn syrup like God intended

>I believe the sugar in foods isn't as easily broken down because of the other things surrounding and containing it.
Unfortunately, that isn't the case.

>need an app to get a drink of juice
the future's so bright, we don't need eyes to see it

I don't get it. So instead of buying fruit to use in my juicer, I should buy this where I'm supposed to buy special juice packs from the company to even use the fucking thing? I don't even know the cost of this thing or the juice packets but I'm certain that it is way more expensive than buying a regular juicer and using fruit from the store.

high fructose corn syrup
Corn is far cheaper in the US than cane.
In mexico they make it with cane sugar, supposedly.

Isn't that the case with fruits? I don't know about chocolate

They used to, I think they use corn syrup too now but the "mexican coke" they sell in America is still cane sugar. It's also more expensive

t. cletus

>A juicer that will not function when not connected to internet
Fucking brilliant.

>I don't even know the cost of this thing or the juice packets but I'm certain that it is way more expensive than buying a regular juicer and using fruit from the store.
$400 "juicer" (which requires being connected to the internet and logged in etc to even work) and ~$10 per 8 oz juice packet.

What a fucking deal.

Fruits have different kinds of sugars in them.

There's a tariff on cane sugar, which is why it's more expensive.

They made a video about this. They argue that it takes more time and is less of a hassle.

Sure, but you can buy organic drinks straight from the fucking store that cost less. Or you can make a lot at a time and then keep it for later. Or you can just, you know, drink regular store bought orange juice, apple juice, whatever etc for 3 bucks a gallon.

This product is essentially a tech CEO deciding that the health fad is a luxury market, and making it the most luxurious and stupid product ever gives you an edge. So they decided, "We need to make THE PERFECT JUICING EXPERIENCE." Minimal effort, great. Packs delivered to your house, great. Looks good, great. Wifi connected, great (remember we're dealing with rich hipsters who think IoT is the future.)
They were more obsessed with the brand than the product. If they were smart they'd sell those packets as easy to use squeezable fresh produce pouches you just tear open and squeeze in 10 seconds into a glass and you're good to go. It's small and convenient, each one is a single serve. That's a smart product. But the brand is the whole thing.

Also, the juicer is ridiculously overengineered. It's built really goddamn well, but holy hell.
blog.bolt.io/heres-why-juicero-s-press-is-so-expensive-6add74594e50

Chocolate is not a fruit user...

liberals and "internet of things"

>doesn't know cocoa is a fruit

i may live in the slums but i aint no cletus spukler

next you're gonna tell me pizza isn't a vegetable