Give me one good reason you dont use fedora as your daily driver

give me one good reason you dont use fedora as your daily driver.

Fedora 25 with Wayland does not run chrome at all

My laptop came with Wangdoze and it works, so...

rekt

>muh Arch
>muh MATE
>muh

>daily driver
Never use this term ever again.

S O L U S
O
L
U
S

macOS (。>﹏

I use it on my work laptop, still mainly using Windows on my home gayming machine though.

I use it on my Laptop, but I don't boot it into Linux all that much.

My desktop has Arch. Haven't had any major issues with it in a long time, and I only do updates if I have time to fix things -- or have an alternative to get my shit done -- if it does somehow break.

Too bloated for my tastes (and netbook).
Void is literally the perfect distribution anyway.

>special snowflake "we hate systemd!" distro with no packages and a tiny community full of autists
>perfect
lol

Because arch is much more productive with the AUR, the wiki and constant updates

>with no packages
Good one.

>and a tiny community full of autists
>implying that's a bad thing somehow

Because the Fedora 25 installer shits itself on both of my computers

I still use crunchbang

There's no reason to use Wayland on Fedora.

I've always used the XFCE spin of it, I wasn't even aware that Wayland had become a thing in Fedora before I read about it.

Is that the "I wanted a Mac but mom wouldn't buy me one" starter pack? I use Debian because it's not named after a piece of clothing commonly worn by neckbearded autists.

>3DPD

my gf maki is so cute

>replying to urslef

>having to reinstall every 9 months
No, thanks.

I do

I started with ubuntu, and have no reason to switch.

I take it back. I installed VirtualBox (using it to grab screenshots for a project), which relied on a new version of openSSL (not marked as such in the repo), so I updated openSSL.

As it turns out, fucking everything new relied on that openSSL version and everything I had installed only worked on the old one, which simultaneosly removed the old version. The package maintainers updated everything they should have, but didn't mark the new version dependencies at all.

Needless to say, pacman, curl, among other packages broke until I diagnosed the whole issue. It would have been fine if I ran pacman -Syu before installing new packages, but the package maintainers really need to be more careful about version dependencies like this. They updated everything relying on the new openssl version at once but didn't mark the version dependencies, so you could install the openssl version without updating everything else that it breaks, breaking practically everything until you forcibly downgrade openssl and whatever stuff you mistakenly updated trying to fix the issue.

I lost 2 hours to this problem. Arch is usually fine, but it's rare awkward issues like this that piss me off. Hopefully using pacman -Syu before installing new packages will keep this from happening in the future. God damn.

the fuck are you talking about, i'm running F25 with chrome right now, it's working fine.

>no packages
are you retarded?
>tiny community
do you interact with your OS community at all? don't need to with void because everything just works

I couldn't get my games to run on it so I stayed on KDE Neon.

What. How does this compete with mac?

>not fixing font rendering
>vomitchan.jpg

Unironically this, best screenfetch logo.

tlp didn't want to cooperate for me and I had some issues with SELinux which caused unnecessary troubles for me.

Installed Antergos and I've been happy for the past month. If it shit's itself I'll just go back to good ol' Ubuntu with i3.

Because any OS that fucks itself in the ass during or after a "click next" installation wizard is not worth my time.

its named fedora

>>not fixing font rendering
How to fix font rendering then?

That's why repositories exist. You can't just update system libraries without updating the whole system, everything is linked together. The only way to do this is by compiling everything from source, like it is done in gentoo automatically.
And yes syncing everything beforehand and not updating only specific packages solves this. Of course the package managers could be a bit better programmed to account for stupid people that try to destroy their system.

It does need xwayland to run, but so does the default browser Firefox.

It's unironically called fedora.

Im not an unpaid Red Hat tester

Install Fedy and use their fix.

Boi

openbox

>How does this compete with mac?
It doesn't. Even Fedora on a shitty laptop is better than a Mac.

I have a fully functioning Linux mint installation.

/fglt/ told me to use Debian instead

>anime girl on right side
congratulations on being the same as every other weeb

I used to use Fedora Core.
Give me one good reason that should I go back.

We use RHEL/CentOS on all of our workstations and servers at work and even our network security engineers tell us to just use Ubuntu on our personal desktops, two of them work for Redhat and they dislike Fedora. FWIW they use Ubuntu or MacOS on their desktops/laptops.

theme name?

Windows 10 is more convenient because of how it has my needed software vs the Linux kernel + apt not having such software.

Because I use Mint

it is fixed

>le meme kid can't handle a distro because its name

Openbox is worse (less than) any DE? Got it.

Also this has nothing to do with the thread subject.

KEVIN
E
V
I
N

Wasn't thinking, it's the other way around

Because I am not a Red Hat employee.

>There's no reason to use Chrome* on Fedora.
fixed that for you friend

Hey how do you get that app bar on the bottow? It looks cool

Fedora bares no resemblence to CentOS or RHEL at all.

His font and icons are disgusting tho. And besides, having an always visible app dock is a waste of space, especially when it's on the bottom.

I was surprised when I learned this too, I know 4 people who are Redhat employees and they all use Ubuntu on their laptops

If you don't want wayland it's a simple fix.

#/etc/gdm/custom.conf
WaylandEnable=false

>EFG
>.png
>640x480
KILL YOU'RESELF YOU FUCKIN NIGGER NEWFAG.

but i do user

stfu

muh games

Don't get me wrong, nice distro, but 1. I woke up with my webcam on spying on me, 2. I don't trust their NSA firewall, 3. I prefer openSUSE Leap since stability is key for me, 4. my printer actually WORKS on openSUSE.

i had the exactly same problem some days ago; when pacman didnt want to start because of some libssl and libcrypto error; i fixed it by manually copying the necessary package into the system folders and then overwrite it with --force via pacman which was working again; quite annoying that you can break your arch install when updateing a packge manually instead of using pacman -Syu

liked your wallpaper. care to share it with us, user?

Tried fedora core 2 and the package management was super slow.

yes m8

>selinux

thank you

Red Hat and NSA are besties.
Fedora is basically free Red Hat.

Kill yourself, NSA shill.

Doesn't offer me anything over Ubuntu.

because i use macos

Because I'm not a corporate shill.
[spoiler] Dash autohides btw [/spoiler]

we use osx at work, if anything I'll go to centos to be closer to what our server infrastructure uses, i personally am fine with ubuntu or debian, but centos is fine so far