/urban/ + /architecture/

Discuss urban developement, design, planning, urbanization, growth and future of cities, urban life style etc. All discussions about architecture, it's impact on daily life, trends(both historical and contemporary), new projects and anything related to architecture in general, are welcomed here aswell.

Post pics of cities, urban areas, buildings, physical structures, infrastructure also construction sites and renders. Comment and rate.

Is Switzerland the most beautiful country in Europe?

this thread would get more posters if you posted some pics of yourself

too bad it'll never happen

Are you Korean?

no

So why do you use Korean nickname?

Even the ancient Romans built commieblocks.

how autistic r u

to trigger Poles what is this from

My city is like the typical car oriented American city. It's getting more pleasant to walk around though which is nice.

i've never drunk a coffee in starbucks lol

You aren't missing anything.

I guess so

Although founded by the Spanish in November 29, 1777, San Jose was nothing more than a farming village until WW2.

Now it has a million + people.

What happened?

Baby boomers and immigration from both abroad and from other states happened.

nice then

That's a beautiful cathedral.

Austria has a lot of beautiful architecture

That looks really peaceful. Maybe I should look to visit Austria instead of Germany.

sup negus

San Francisco is filled with terrible people and politics but is a very interesting city.

Is that Panama City? It's bigger than I imagined.

probably it has more historical shit preserved due to not being bombed

I didn't think about that.

Does Sup Forums like Victorian architecture?

huh, its larger than you can see there

Post more pictures. I like the look of the city.

The oldest parish in California

Just glass my shit up.

NYC user is back.

Just keeping the thread going until more people show up.

Where do most of the middle class live? Are there any plazas in NYC?

There are a bunch of middle class neighborhoods all over the boroughs, but I'd say most live in Queens and Brooklyn. There are plenty of places you can go to hang out.

Winter a best.

> FUCKING URBANITES
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
> STOP MAKING A SHITTY ATTEMPT AT RUINING THE WORLD WHILE DRINKING KALE-SHAKES
> DE-URBANIZATION NOW!

I think that's cities skylines

The world needs cities to fit all these niggers

>maybe I should visit little germany instead of germany

Bad post.

That looks astonishingly European. City?

It's NYC lad.

Feels like my dumping is stopping people from posting.

Last one.

Bump.

Last bump for the night.

the new russian CBD is fucking awesome, blows la defense, frankfurt and canary wharf out of the water

houstonfag here

new buildings going up in downtown

the uptown area's new growth. ~7 new high rises are expected to be in this area.

Terrible.

22 Bishopsgate, The City, London, render.

Don't like it myself. If the objective of it was to help turn London into another characterless skyline like any other city, it has succeeded.
London deserved better. Something with more shape. Something more interesting. But building anything interesting is derided as being "fake" or "superficial" or whatever else. Because apparently aesthetics dont matter.

Awesome.

gray colored aerials of london tend to look so futuristic

Guatemala City

London is going to knock down this beautiful building next, and replace it with a glass box.
Very sad.

Neat

Nice.

Yes I like Moscow.

London is full of ugly towers spread about all over the place. Moscow has done a much better job of distinguishing old from new.

>tfw finally some lookout point across Amsterdam

How is the pantheon so exceptionally well preserved? Can anyone explain this to me?

renovation works

Solid build, constant and consistent use, plus lots of maintenance throughout the ages.
Maybe some luck too, experiencing little damage during wars and natural catastrophes.

Though naturally it hasn't always looked like it does now. The general structure has probably always been the same, but with lots of different facades and details both on the outside and inside, to reflect its use during the ages.

All its details now come from the past few hundred years.

anyway i always found this building really fascinating, all this history so well preserved

too bad its external looks suck

neo-futurism: the tower

oh wait, apparently you can't call it a tower : ^ )

>all this discussion about what kind of building/structure Dubai Iconic Tower really is