XIAOMI REMOVED THE AUDIO JACK FOR THE MI 6

XIAOMI REMOVED THE AUDIO JACK FOR THE MI 6

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

COURAGE

gizmochina.com/2017/04/24/xiaomi-defends-removal-3-5mm-audio-jack-mi-6/

The courage to flop.

>tfw no 2.5mm jack

samsung has that courage
they killed their retardedly oversized phablet line just to show these douchebags how incredible removable batteries are.

>yfw USB C becomes the new standard connector for audio and Apple gets left behind because they refuse to implement USB C on the iPhone despite making their computers USB C only

Is OnePlus the only chinese company that hasn't chinkd itself by not removing the audio jack? Every single thing Apple does the chinese copy it like it's nothing. It's like a fucking competition holy shit.

>USB C becomes the new standard connector for audio

I wouldn't mind this at all actually.

to be perfectly honest i dont really use ear buds anymore i just listen to music in my car

>not blasting akb48 from your phone in public

yeah why cant they make that happen? I hope usb C is more durable than micro tho

It is happening. Last I heard, Intel was working on an analog audio out over USB C standard. So you'll have the option of using analog headphones powered by the phone's DAC, or your headphones can have their own DAC and USB C audio out is digital.

>2.5 mm
We tried that back in flipphone days and nobody liked it because nobody wanted to use a fucking adapter, and 2.5 mm plugs are more fragile.

It's not like we're absolutely hitting a thinness limit imposed by 3.5 mm jacks, like some faggots here would have you believe. Sure we could make phones a bit thinner than they are now, but then the battery would be smaller and you would be griping about how they never make it through the day.

Only okay if phone makers start putting two USB C ports. Nobody wants to buy and carry a hub so they can listen to music and charge at the same time.

Other potential issue is USB C isn't round. This makes it harder to plug in correctly than 3.5mm. And once it's in it's in a fixed orientation. If you rotate your phone in taking it in and out of your pocket, you twist up your headphone wire and break it sooner instead of having it simply rotate at the phone end.

The Xiaomi defenders on here really goes to show that Gearbest does have retail representatives on here.

Never gonna get a fucking mi phone again until headphone jack is back.

USB c for a headphones is a really bad idea. The forces will be huge on the port and it will break really fast.

Nope, blasting Keyaki-chan instead

I could barely contain my smugness when my iPhone-owning friend had to use a fucking adapter to listen to music on her phone with headphones that are compatible with literally every other phone, tablet, computer, etc. in existence.

It's pretty much the only reason I'm not buying it

but its not currently working yet tho right?

While this may seem retarded, the Mi has USB-C which can output analog audio. The "adapter" is just a passive re-wire, unlike the iPhone's adapter which includes a DAC. Also they already sell headphones with a USB-C connector.