Why is this shit so expensive compare to keyboard and mouse combined? Has Apple seriously lost its mind?

Why is this shit so expensive compare to keyboard and mouse combined? Has Apple seriously lost its mind?

it's magic

Apple touts their trackpads as the best in the world. People expect the best example of something to be expensive. Otherwise they'll suspect that the claims are empty marketing and they'll ironically be less interested in the cheaper device.

This is not a simple model of demand. Once you convince the world that you have the best product, you have to sell it at a high price for the sake of your business.

>076009Apple touts their trackpads as the
They kinda are though. Even my macbook from 07 has a better trackpad than my '16 dell

>Has Apple seriously lost its mind?
Here is a $300 picture book.

Logo and magic , do you have any idea how expensive magic is you retard? It is why you can see magic so rarely

I'm not making a quality judgment. Whether or not they're right, that's their claim. All I'm saying is that once they make that claim they have to set a price commensurate with it.

Are you fucking kidding me haha that us beyond lunacy.

What magic? That shit ain't real my niggas.

Retard; how the fuck else is Santa Claus supposed to travel with a fucking sleigh and some reindeers?

>when you devalue your products so much by removing ports/functionality that you can only create ROI by increasing the prices of accessories for it

Exactly! That dude is braindead or something. My name is Jeff

We live in a world where substantial portions of the clothing industry ask exorbitant prices for "fashion" ranging from meticulously tattered rags to stunning formal wear.

I'm not sure I understand what makes an expensive yet thoughtfully styled showpiece for the fanboys a case of "lunacy" within that social context. Apple isn't doing anything for which there hasn't been a market throughout our history.

It's a collector's item. It's not supposed to be a mainstream best-seller. It's just a coffee table book. Most of those are expensive.

Sup Forums will shit on apple til the end of time - or at least until they outgrow the mindset - but apple's trackpads are so far above anything else on the market it's disgusting. For how mobile the world is, there's a seriously lack of trackpad innovation. MT2 is a fantastic product. Probably not worth $129, but you _are_ paying the apple markup. I'd pay $85 or $90 np. Course, only applies if you have a device you can use it with. There are a handful of windows drivers out there to use the trackpad, but none really measure up to the native experience.

I just don't understand the point. For use with a notebook it's not in the right place. On a desktop, I already have a mouse. What are the use cases for an external trackpad where it's both convenient and especially well-suited?

You fucks don't know shit about collector's edition books.

The one thing apple got right with their OS was gestures. Everything is incredibly fluent compared to using Windows or new/lugnuts. Using a mouse (including the vibrator-lookalike magic mouse) just feels horrible once you learn the trackpad gestures, like if you intentionally handicapped yourself by taping all your fingers together and then tried to use a regular mouse. Utilities like better touch tool just compound the feeling.

People who use an mbp as their main workstation usually have a dock of some sort that either keeps the notebook closed or used as another screen. In either case it's usually not within comfortable reach. To keep the familiar workflow they buy the MT2. It's larger than the built-in one so it's perfect for "desktop" use.

>On a desktop, I already have a mouse.
I'm using the MTP2 with a Mac Mini and it's worth the price AFAIC. I could buy any mouse I want yet I didn't, and it replaced my MTP1, which was in perfect condition - which should tell you something (no, not that I'm stupid). It's the comfiest fucking thing you can imagine and there's literally no alternative.

>It's a collector's item.
It is a $300 picture book. You can call it "art" too if you like, but it will continue to be a $300 picture book.

Yes, and it's neither the most expensive one of it's kind nor is it a new thing, let alone something Apple has invented.

>it is not something Apple has invented
That goes for everything Apple.

see
You can reduce anything to "why the fuck would you spend money on this" terms. Since you're probably a dirty fucking weeb, consider things like limited run figurines. You can call it "art" if you want, but it's still just a $400 action figure idolizing an underage girl.

The defense for the $300 picture book is that there are other severely overpriced items in existence.

Nice.

gee, I wonder who's behind this post?

>overpriced
I don't think you know what that word means.

The picture book doesn't need defending. Literally, it is a picture book. Not in the sense you're attempting to use to denigrate its value, but obviously, to you, it doesn't hold any value beyond that. They manufactured it with a specific demographic in mind, and that's not you, so of course you'd think it's ridiculous. People with excess money who collect "modern design" art are the demographic, and don't consider $300 overpriced. You aren't the target, so why would it make sense to spend $300 on it? Subjective worth is the basis of the consumer economy.