IPhone 8 completely destroys everything else as expected

gsmarena.com/iphone_8_allegedly_runs_geekbench_destroys_the_competition-news-24728.php

>Its single-core score of 4,537 is 30% better than what the iPhone 7 was able to achieve. What about the Android competition, you ask? Well, the closest any of those has come is Samsung's Galaxy S8 with 1,945 (that's not a typo).

>The iPhone 8's multi-core score is 8,975, which is 58% better than its predecessor's. The Android device that's scored the best here so far is the Galaxy S8+ with 6,338.

Most successful company in all of human history does it yet again!

Other urls found in this thread:

utf8everywhere.org/
twitter.com/jfpoole/status/856958577843556353
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>removes charging port

Courage.

Great, now the twitter app can continue using more and more CPU so we can send each other 140 byte long messages.

No surprises, no one other than Apple are aiming for the higher single core performance possible for years.

Honestly I don't know what the fuck Apple is doing but I still suspect there's some collusion going on between them and the coders that develop GeekBench.

It's not like we haven't seen benchmarks be seriously skewed towards certain CPUs, certain GPUs, even certain chipsets over the years as well as being not only application/software based (the benchmark app/software itself) but also even down to the driver version for the GPU being detected and some aspects of the benchmark just totally being skipped in terms of actual measurements in favor of just boosting the final score.

I know that iOS is more efficient since it runs on the bare metal hardware and not in a virtual machine like Android does but even so, these kinds of massive scores compared to processors that are actually 2-3x faster in terms of raw clock speed is just ridiculous and can't be directly attributed to just having a more efficient operating system or even the SoC the Apple hardware is making use of.

There's something not quite right about this shit and those scores.

>140 byte
>4-byte UTF-8 encoded Unicode characters
Text-only tweets can be 560 bytes long.

>iPhone 8 completely destroys everything else as expected
It will blow up everything in radius of one meter?

I still don't understand what's happened with Geekbench 3 to Geekbench 4.
All CPUs had their single score scores lower EXCEPT the ones made by Apple that increased its scores.

>An important mention is that it's not impossible to fake such a screenshot - it's very easy in fact. So by all means, don't take any of this for granted.

>Anyway, if we do choose to believe the leaked image, then also note that the iPhone 8 will come with a screen resolution of 2,800x1,242, which makes for an incredibly odd 20.2:9 or 2.25:1 aspect ratio. And yes, that's even taller than the 18.5:9 Samsung went with for its S8.

>The prototype in question runs iOS 11 as you'd expect, and it identifies itself as "iPhone 10,6" - for comparison, the iPhone 7 is "iPhone 9,1".

Hmmm

That's where you're wrong though
iOS is much smoother than Android's, and it's very noticable
This is why normies eat it up
C/Swift > Java, it's just that simple

GodDamn

What the actual fuck. How are they doing this? Jim Keller isn't even human, I'm convinced. I still don't get why Apple is pushing CPU performance so hard. iOS isn't a heavyweight bloated OS even on older hardware. My 5S runs 10.3 very well with no noticeable slowdowns despite having memory usage at around 90%.

Why are Apple pushing so hard? Jesus fuck, even the A10 Fusion still wipes the floor with anything else around. Then they release something even more powerful by a significant margin. Wow.

>iOS is much smoother than Android's, and it's very noticable
>This is why normies eat it up

Yeah, you're a 'normie' if you want something dependable that pretty much always works as desired.

>I still don't get why Apple is pushing CPU performance so hard
Because eventually, these CPUs are going to be used for other purposes than iOS/mobile.

>iphone has best performance
>lineage os is best os
The patrician thing to do here is obviously to buy an iPhone and install Lineage OS on it

Schiller and I'm not sure which other exec, maybe Federighi indicated they have no interest in A-series CPUs to power Macs as a main CPU. They could however be used for other things, like low power functions. Having your laptop do things in the background while 'off' with extremely efficient CPUs would be good. Or having a powerful A-series to help alongside an x86 CPU for things. I guess they trialed it with the T1 which runs the Touch Bar independently of the rest of the hardware.

Can't wait for its release. My i6s+ is still plenty fast, but I want to upgrade already.

SO THIS IS WHY THEY HIRED ANAND FROM ANANDTECH

Which matters if you export videos on your phone all day. Bitch please. General use is also fucked up by bullshit animations all over the place anyway. Fuck off.

How much guys, I must have it.

Higher end phones encourage people to write worse and worse software because it's easier to get away with.

Prove me wrong.

>Text-only tweets can be 560 bytes long.
Wow, is it the future already?

Neat. Let me know when it runs Android.

I am putting away $1000 lads.

I've luckily already got my €1000 ready. Currently still using an iPhone 5.

What should I expect?

Because pajeets, women, and numales can't optimize a phone app to save their life. I have never updated an app without it become much slower, which is why I stopped updating apps altogether.

>implying they didn't pay qualcom and mediatek and other shills not to release any stronger processor so they could have the fastest phone

They're gonna kill of Intel, just like what'll happen to all the other dead companies that dared thinking they can outdo Apple.

Cool, what can you do with all that processing power?

That's assuming each grapheme is one codepoint, but there could be multiple codepoints per grapheme so you could have more than that. See utf8everywhere.org/ for an introduction to how unicode works.

How can Qualcomm keep up now?

use Snapchat without absolutely wrecking battery life

can confirm, i do this

Lol am I the only mad person who notices the obvious bots/shills/whatever this is?
I feel like nobody else addresses this problem on Sup Forums, even if it's so goddamn obvious.

Did they bring back the headphone jack?

Not everyone is a schizo

> 4500 on single
that's faster than a mobile i7

x86 BTFO
INTLEL ON SUICIDE WATCH
MICROSHIT BANKRUPT AND FINISHED

>There's something not quite right about this shit and those scores.

You do realize that Apple went on a massive hiring spree for the BEST chip designers in the industry right?

This
Apple's looking to be the next Intel, but would be using it for their products only.

That's faster than Ryzen 7 1800X

Oh ok so you are actual people with premade posts and replies for different scenarios.
I honestly weep for the people that buy this stuff as a result of this type of marketing

The scores seem plausible but a 2,800x1,242 resolution is pretty suspicious.

No going to lie, Im on Qualcomm 810, I see no reason what so ever to upgrade in near future.

For me at least, it looks like power threshold has been stepped over.

Two words: Holy. Fucking. Shit. This is just what I wanted. Thanks Apple!

>Qualcomm 810
probably the worst """flagship""" SOC released ever

>iOS is much smoother than Android's
because they only sell 900$ flagship phones.

if all you ever bought was 900$ flagship phones (which are rare because people who use android aren't financially retarded) you'd see the same results

Jesus fucking christ, if they can put that kind of cpu inside a phone just think what they could do on a desktop.

It doesn't matter, Geekbench is native and is compiled with Clang on both Android and iOS

>benchmarks
>of a phone

>mad poorfag detected

Your meds are wearing out

>androshit

>8 Gb RAM
>16 Core SoC
>still not enough for this pos to stop lagging

That's because Android SOCs typically have trash-tier single core performance

How does it charge then?
Solar?

It's fake
twitter.com/jfpoole/status/856958577843556353

So a new cellphone is faster than my new laptop? What a world we live in...

Should we care? even midrangers are now at a point where they are fast enough to not notice any lag

The A9X is already faster than most i7s.

>having literaly nothing else to brag about than meanjingless synthetic bench numbers that equates to no real benefit irl
>tfw android is as smooth as ios

Its a great technical achievement but aside from this the iPhone8 has no justification other than some number mumbo-jumbo thrown at normies to get profit. No real innovation from Applel yet again

And, we don't have to deal with Itunes crap

>lagdroids

And let me guess, it will have the same garbage battery life with non-removable battery to boot, big fucking whoop.

This industry is such a joke. What's even the point of focusing so much on performance when the truth is that it's been YEARS since performance bumps have stopped being a noticeable thing? You'd be hard pressed to find any mid end phone that lags on anything nowadays. Maybe you could mention "high end" smartphone gaming, I think? But who the fuck is "gaming" on the their phone?

I accidentally my iPhone 6S and since I had no money for another flagship I had to settle down for a redmi 4 pro and you know what? It's the same fucking shit, in fact, despite its very basic camera, I'm enjoying it way more because while I had to keep constantly worrying about my battery with my 6S, now I can do this, pic related. And you know what? I wouldn't trade this for anything else because your device can be as powerful as you want, it isn't worth jack fucking shit if it's dead by the middle of the day. I realized how much of an idiot I was for constantly looking for the BEST PERFORMANCE, whose difference no one can notice and no one needs because the truth is that every single one of these devices are all much more powerful than any app requires for a completely smooth experience. I mean, it's a phone, a fucking phone. You whip it out of your pocket, check social media, type some texts, check some emails, shitpost, take some pics and that's it. What smartphone nowadays doesn't do this comfortably with smoothness to spare?

/thread

>android users aren't financially retarded

why so many cheap as shit android phones then? probably because the user base is shit at handing their finances

It's funny that you say this because from the many interviews that have been had with online shills/astroturfers, they all say that whenever they get called out, the one thing they should do is accused the persona of being a "lunatic" or "crazy".

What a coincidence, isn't it? I guess this is the time where you call your supervisor to assist you, you need a red herring now.

Geekbenck mobile results are a crock of literal shit.

>tfw applel starts shipping mbp with A10's to deal with their incredible trashy itunes

This is their end game

The Antutu benchmark gave the iPhone 7 the highest ranking at the time too. Just accept that Android can't compete.

Exactly nobody gives a fuck about cores scores. Especially since the majority of iPhone users are normies that could care less because that's a totally different language to them.

As long as I can make calls, send Txts, get the few apps I use, and the overall speed of the device is fast I'm good.

Apple devices are eye candy and that's it. People believe the more money they spent on some shiny apple device that it's better than the phone or computer that's $200 cheaper and makes them out to be something they aren't which is fucking hilarious.
Sup Forums iFag Logic

"I have an iPhone now let the fame. women, and that extra edge above those lagdroid users begin"

6months later
" Hmm I'm the same nobody I was before and that fuck boy android user got the raise and the woman I was sure I was going to get with my Apple stuff!!!"

**BANG**

>2017
>doesn't know about wireless charging

>60080820
I hate these LGBT oriented threads...
Can you please stop informing everyone in the world what sexual orientation you are?
No one cares...

>dat salt

>2017
>2 cores
I bet it has 2GBs of RAM too

It's a phone.

Get out normie.

underrated exchange

Intel is fucked

Ironically you're a normie here.

>not waiting for the Pixel 2

Can't wait for HTC to fuck up even more
They should've picked Sony if they want useful bezels.

>What smartphone nowadays doesn't do this comfortably with smoothness to spare?

Androids lmao

> not waiting for oneplus 5

>not waiting for iPhone 9

>Not waiting for the galaxy s15

if it's so good, why is is still an appleshit?

>Apple
>shilling on an obscure forum filled primarily with neckbeards, freetards and gaymurs

Sure thing. Apple, a $740 billion dollar only shills in Hollywood. Only chink companies and Kukstarter fags shill here.

what are you talking about? it looks cool and is easy to use.

>not waiting for the brain interface chip.

plebs

Here's your new version of our app user. It's browser based with 27 meme libraries to transmit/receive 140 character messages while only using 5GB of RAM and 80% of your new iPhone 8 processor.

Please explain this to a person who still uses brickphone.
What the fuck do you need all that performance for?
Loading apps quarter of a second faster?
Playing shit mobile games?
Running 10 different botnets at the same time without slowdown?
Only reason i see is emulating shit, but even then you can get something like Shield that fits way better for emulation.

Who even really gives a shit about phone performance to this degree?
>CANDY CRUSH LOADS 1.2 SECONDS FASTER
>LETS GO THROUGH ALL THESE APPS IN A "CIRCUIT RACE"
Thats all I see in these performance comparison videos on youtube.
>GEE NOW I CAN SAVE 1 MINUTE AND MULTITASK FROM GAMES TO JERKING OFF TO MY FAGGOT HENTAI TRAP WAIFU
Seriously, I don't get the appeal.

>Apple chip in a macbook

You say that like it's a bad thing. Apple doesn't trust (((intel))) with user privacy. They were founded on saying fuck you to big brother, and they have actually defended American freedoms against the FBI.

People want faster processors because marketing tells them it's important.

The only thing I can imagine faster mobile processors being useful for is when they get so fast they can start acting as lightweight desktop replacements, but we're not there yet.

Right now faster mobile cpu's barely matter, even cheap cpu's perform perfectly fine.

In desktop land it's a completely different story of course.

Honestly as of now it doesn't really matter that much, but when apple does mix Mac OS and IOS together then we finally have the ideal computer. Just imagine it. The phone can be a desktop when you want it to be and a phone when you want it to be. If we truly are going to replace laptops then Apple will be the ones to do it.

idiot, graphene is still a ways away

fucking normie people filling up my board!!! Reee remove yourself from kebab!!!

wats that image m8

>It's faster

Fucking wow, amazing.

Give me a phone with a processor that's hyper efficient and gets everything done well but with way better battery life.

What the fuck is the point of this performance race?

I'll just stick with my Galaxy S5 now, the battery is replaceable and about the only part that has any kind of short lifespan.

Hit me up when they make a smartphone that works just as good as my S5 but has a week long battery life.

>Give me a phone with a processor that's hyper efficient and gets everything done well but with way better battery life.

Apple literally did that with the A10 for iPhone 7/7+

It has two low power cores for basic tasks and battery life savings, and two additional high power cores for more intensive tasks. Literally everything Apple does is for some combination of battery life/aesthetic/power. You're just too brainwashed to accept they make better phones than samshit

I considered the Iphone, but the headphone jack was a dealbreaker