When middle-aged people say "hurr Millennials don't know what a floppy disk or VHS is"...

When middle-aged people say "hurr Millennials don't know what a floppy disk or VHS is", they're mistaking Millennials(~20-35 year olds) for Gen Z(~13-20).

Millennials know floppy disks and VHS from the bottom of their hearts.

Yeah, that's true.
Gen Z are niggers.
t. Millenial
Not technology, sage&report.

Whoah are those 3d printed save icons? Wow! They even come in different sizes!!

I'm 20 and I have used both floppies and VHS. Granted, I'm also an aspie and most other kids were too busy discovering the outside world while I was messing around with that shit.

Wtf is that shit? Just use cloud saving, man

>When middle-aged people say "hurr Millennials don't know what a floppy disk or VHS is", they're mistaking Millennials(~20-35 year olds) for Gen Z(~13-20).
>
>Millennials know floppy disks and VHS from the bottom of their hearts
Okay.

Can you even fit those in your pockets?
Otherwise they look like they could be used as coasters.

oh cool a 3d print of a save button nice

you stupid piece of shit, your joke is not funny and isn't fucking original.

>gen (buzz)
I HAVE TO CATEGORIZE MYSELF TO DEFEND MYSELF AGAINST PEOPLE WITH A PREDISPOSITION AGAINST ME BECAUSE THEY CATEGORIZE ME BECAUSE THEY DON'T LIKE ANYONE WHO IS CATEGORIZED DIFFERENTLY FROM THEM BECAUSE THEY'VE BECOME DISCONNECTED, CONFUSED, AND SCARED OF THE NEW WORLD
I swear to fucking god I want to punch anyone who takes "generations" seriously in the fucking mouth, we're all just trying to settle in the stagnant crevice we're most comfortable in.
Drop your fucking egos, faggots.

There's no reason for you to have. I don't believe you.

A lot of people underestimate how long floppy disks and VHS tapes were used for. I'm 18 and used both pretty extensively when I was young.

Genuinely this

DVDs were expensive up until 2004 or so. By then I was 7.
My first computer was a Pentium MMX that I got from my uncle when I was about six. Then my father gave me an old Compaq Armada laptop, and the only way to transfer files between them (that I knew of) was to use floppies.

>18
>when I was young

I’m literally using floppies right now (backing up some data from my 486, pic-related)

I still have a 3.5" USB floppy disk drive. And it works.

I don't actually have 3.44MB floppies anymore, I read'em and trashed but I still have the reader just in case I ever need to get something off one of those things.

They really aren't very usable as coasters. CDs on the other hand are perfect.

People forget that cheapskate parents are a thing.
I was using Win 98, playing on the original Playstation and watching movies on VHS until the mid 2000's, I'm sure many others were too.

>tfw have a bunch of old floppies around that have been sitting around unused for around 15 years
>same with VHSs, all those famlily tapes left forgotten to rot for almost 20 years
>all the info on both are probably gone by now
>will never know what kind of dumb shit I saved on the floppies, when I was a worry free pepe not traumatized by memes and life
>will never hear again the voices of people in those VHSs, some already deceased
Damn, why didn't I take a look sooner?

>caring what old people have to say

True, I’ve been using this computer until 2006, when I finally got a computer under XP, that’s also around that time I stopped watching VHSs.

I was using an early Bentium 4 with an 80GB hard drive from its 2002 release until 2013.

so that's where the Blue Monday art came from

ok but here's the thing. I'm 23 and yet I know what an 8 track is, I know what a cassette tape is, I know what a vinyl record is. I even know what a reel to reel is and a fucking Laserdisc.betamax, the list goes on Lads.

I mean, from visiting thrift stores, the internet, and my parents I kind've don't live in a bubble. there's no excuse for being ignorant of times past when the times past are

Don't act so tough kid, I bet you don't even know the actual use for a finger box.

>I'm only 15 and I listen to Led Zeppelin! I think they're better than anything other people my age listen to, fuck Justin Bieber!

grandpa here is "'triggered'" LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

gross ass bait, pic very related

Not him, but in the exact same situation. Poorfags are a thing, you know? I used floppies for light documents even until 2007, then I won a gigantic 4GiB pen drive. I still use it to install GNU/Linux and gentoo

Millennial is anyone born after 1980, so it goes up to age 37.

when did it get changed from Gen Y ?

Muh buzzwords.

you're right actually, wtf is it?

kek

>this is REAL music, not like today's trash!

i miss floppies.
what is happening to physical media? have commies completely taken over tech?

Physical media is obsolete. You can easily lose the device or data will get corrupted. With the cloud you can ensure you data will be backed up.

what happens when the net inst available? or a data center becomes compromised? the cloud isn't reliable.

I remember in like 2008 middle school, was running late and couldn't find my flash drive so mom put my report on a floppy
I didn't get how to use it, so she told me to ask the teacher when i get there
Teacher had no idea what to do with it
That moment simultaneously made future me learn how technology works past a simple consumer knowledge, and made me hate relying on others

I really think they need to rethink the dividing line between Gen Z and Millennial, it needs to be more like 25 instead of 35.

Use phone net. The chances of both nets being down is low. If it goes down it only takes a few minutes before its fixed.