Bias lights - are the cheap $15 amazon RGB remote ones as good as it gets...

Bias lights - are the cheap $15 amazon RGB remote ones as good as it gets? I wish I could customize the light color via software to get the exact shade I want.

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/corbanmailloux/esp-mqtt-rgb-led
amazon.com/Wireless-electronic-ballast-interface-certified/dp/B00NMSQ4QQ/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

lmgtfy

Did you do any research??? get a fucking hue + setup

Not exactly an LED light strip but I bought a bulb off Amazon that offers this functionality through a phone app. The UI is ugly but I've had it a year and it still works fine. I think the brand is Lucero.

$60 for base + $90 for lightstrip... ok nvm.

See those red, green, blue buttons on the TOP of the color selection? You can dial it in on the remote.

GG now big light bulb is spying on you

Yeah that's what I thought it would be when I ordered it... but it literally just goes straight to red/green/blue colors. fucking bs

Buy a microcontroller and then you can customise the colour as much as you want.

Can I get a link to the op pic related?

some of the boxes have remotes with manual R G B level controls.

here's a pic of mine, just search on amazon "48 button led strip controller" or some shit. You can buy them separate from the strips and they're compatible with the cheaper and less cheap ones.

also they'll work with any and all led strips you set an IR receiver on

hey, i got one too several months ago. For some reason the controller is fucking up, the green and blue channels on the remote have changed places, so the green shades are blue and vice versa. How's the one you bought ?

That actually happened to mine too. It was definitely on the controller end (that plugs into the strip), as it was happening on both of my strips. I ended up just desoldering the connectors that went to the strip from the controller and resoldering where it worked like it should.

You're wasting your time on 'via software'.

Hardware controllers are far cheaper and easier to acquire.

If you want to do it cheap, with full control, buy 3 DC dimmers, 12V. Then hook each color up to them and power to one, and you got 100% output control to make whatever color you want.

a) Philips HUE. It's expensive, but will work perfectly with brilliance, f.lux or homeassistant.
Dont waste your time on "Philips HUE arduino emulators" they are all broken.
b) Esp8266 + github.com/corbanmailloux/esp-mqtt-rgb-led + homeassistant. It's cheap but will work only with homeassistant,. You will need to write scripts emulating f.lux or turning on/off light with a display.
c) Chink 7$ wifi dimmers. Most of them could be controlled only with their own chink ios/androis apps.

Waiting for a sale on the lightstrip, pricey as fug but it is cool if you've got the disposable income for expensive bulbs. Just have a few myself

save your money since you're the only ones that are gonna see your autistic led setup

You do not need phillips lightstip. amazon.com/Wireless-electronic-ballast-interface-certified/dp/B00NMSQ4QQ/ This thing is compatible with HUE.
It will show up as 2 devices - RGB and monochrome white.

I have this exact model. Its ehh. Like you said, very little customization. It's okay, but dont expect much for $15

Get a big roll of led strip direct from China. Connect it to an arduino or other microcontroller. Achieve your dreams.

Had one as well, same issue. Can't return and found a quick fix. When the strips are off, press the Fade7 button. It goes in some weird config mode where it swaps the light channels by pressing the button. There's a shit tons of videos on how to do it as well, if you still can't unfuck it.

How about one that controls the RGB light depending on the display ala Phillips ambilight.
Are there any solution that doesn't cost hundreds for a fucking USB controlled RGB led strip?

60 dollars for base and 4 strips
do your research, base comes with 4

Make your own. A fucking trained monkey could write the Arduino code.

>amazon

Just get it from the chinese merchant for half the price.