I am interested in a Distribution of Linux for laptops and daily use

I am interested in a Distribution of Linux for laptops and daily use.
I have tried Arch. Its fun and all, but not what I am looking for. Same goes for Gentoo.
Ubuntu is too bloated for me.

Suggestions, Sup Forums?
Image only semi-related.

>bloated
I want to believe that Sup Forums implies they intend to minimize the attack surface while using that word but there is also a possibility where their shitty thinkpad with core2duo can't handle a bunch of programs at once.

I use the term bloated in this sense;
There are quite a few applications that I do not, and will not use upon install.
Of course I can uninstall them, but I would rather start with a clean distribution and build up.

Already have used Kali before, both 1.0 and 2.0
It too has way too many programs/services pre-installed. Most of the "hacking" utilities are outdated anyways.

Alpine

Have you tried SourceMage?
You're really missing out if you haven't...
No bloat, make distribution to your liking, cast spells, no bloat.
Did I mention that you can cast spells?
Yeah, fucking spells!!!

Nice doubles, but get outta' here with your black magic.

Try crunchbang, its minimalist and lightweight. I recommend it.

Do a minimal install of Ubuntu and install what you want

Debian

try Void Linux, it's awesome

No, it's just retards that worry too much about little things. Debian is fine for most people, and it works great on all of my Core2 machines, you faggot.

This

Debian, choose only lxde as window manager in install.

I wanted to install sourcemage so muuuch. Too bad it's litterally the hardest distro to install, this one and LFS

go full fredom with parabola GNU/Linux
for the autism experience

Yeah just go for debian
Install Flux box or some other simple window manager so you can browse the Web 2.0, use office software, etc.

I'd just like to interject for a moment. What you're referring to as Linux, is in fact, GNU/Linux, or as I've recently taken to calling it, GNU plus Linux. Linux is not an operating system unto itself, but rather another free component of a fully functioning GNU system made useful by the GNU corelibs, shell utilities and vital system components comprising a full OS as defined by POSIX.

Many computer users run a modified version of the GNU system every day, without realizing it. Through a peculiar turn of events, the version of GNU which is widely used today is often called "Linux", and many of its users are not aware that it is basically the GNU system, developed by the GNU Project.

There really is a Linux, and these people are using it, but it is just a part of the system they use. Linux is the kernel: the program in the system that allocates the machine's resources to the other programs that you run. The kernel is an essential part of an operating system, but useless by itself; it can only function in the context of a complete operating system. Linux is normally used in combination with the GNU operating system: the whole system is basically GNU with Linux added, or GNU/Linux. All the so-called "Linux" distributions are really distributions of GNU/Linux.

No, i don't use fucking GNU with linux

Is this even possible? (Assuming you didn't make your own distro or be a wizard or something)

I heard some BSD's compile with clang, but I've never heard of a Linux distro that completely avoids GPL software.

crunchbang is dead

there are two continuation projects: #!++, and Bunsenlabs, the latter of which is better.

*Linux
ftfy

Alpine, Void's Clang/LLVM build, Bedrock, sta.li

FreeBSD's downloadable ISO's are compiled with clang by default. Tried it the other day and it was comfy, but I couldn't get my wifi card to work properly.